No Google Services needed :3
Various Android distributions (also known as "custom ROM").
A free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.
LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS has been described as highly popular and forcibly developed; within 4 months from the initial announcement, LineageOS development builds covered more than 160 models of phone, and over a million users, having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017.
ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
Everyone needs a phone. Not everyone wants governments and corporations tracking their every move and spying on their communications. CalyxOS lets you have your cake and eat it too, with "Privacy by Design".
When you use a phone with CalyxOS: • phone calls are encrypted so nobody can listen in • text messages are encrypted and a timer can be set so they disappear • web browsing is anonymized • advertising trackers are blocked • built-in free VPN services protect you from being spied on • your phone is receiving regular, timely, automatic security updates • your data is backed up with strong encryption to your personal cloud server or to USB storage
Features: • Verified Boot to prevent tampering with the phone's operating system, using cryptographic signatures
• Security and privacy by default: Instead of the bloatware, spyware, and backdoors installed by default on many smartphones, CalyxOS includes a suite of privacy, security, and censorship circumvention apps available out of the box, including Signal, Tor, DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser, K-9 Mail, Calyx VPN, and Riseup.
• Android without spyware: CalyxOS has reconfigured Android to avoid Google's spyware and tracking. It uses F-Droid for installing and updating free software applications, and strips out Google's privacy-invasive business model, replacing it with microG, which allows you to run nearly every app from Google Play Store without giving Google access to your phone.
• Regular security updates and patches: CalyxOS receives the latest security updates for Android, fixing software vulnerabilities and security flaws that can put your phone at risk.
We build desirable, open source, privacy-enabled smartphone operating systems.
/e/ is a non-profit project, in the public interest. We build open-source mobile operating systems that respect users’ data privacy. We’re an international core team of experienced entrepreneurs, developers and designers, and a growing community of contributors.
Break free from data slavery! /e/’s first mission is to provide everyone knowledge and good practices around personal data and privacy. And for those who care, /e/ will also provide cool and credible alternatives starting with mobile phone operating systems.
Tools for granting root permission on your phone, or tools that you coild use with root access.
Magisk is the Universal Systemless Interface, to create an altered mask of the system without changing the system itself.
- 100% fully open source and easy to build!
- Magic Mount: Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions. Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh's Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk Manager: MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk, Manage MagiskHide lists Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
- MagiskHide: Hide Magisk from detections: Google SafetyNet, enterprise / bank system integrity checks, game tamper checks etc.
- Resetprop: Allow you to do any modifications to system properties, including read-only props. This is also used along with magiskhide to trick various device status sent from the bootloader
- Miscellaneous: (Optional) Remove AVB 2.0, dm-verity, forceencrypt. Unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw
microG GmsCore is a free software reimplementation of Google Play Services. It allows applications calling proprietary Google APIs to run on AOSP-based ROMs like LineageOS, acting as a free replacement for the non-free, proprietary Google Play Services (sometimes referred to as the more generic term "GApps"). It is a powerful tool to reclaim your privacy and freedom while enjoying Android core features (although apps you use that take advantage of it may still be using proprietary libraries to communicate with microG, just as they do when communicating with the actual Google Play Services).
- Opt-in to Google Services and extend application support
- On-/Offline location service
- Easy on battery, memory and CPU
- No bloatware
- Works on real devices, test emulators and virtual mobile infrastructure
- Free (open source) (Apache 2.0 licensed)
GmsCore includes the Unified Network Location Provider module (UnifiedNlp) which handles application calls to Google's network location provider. It relies on location and address lookup backends which must be installed separately. For more information on UnifiedNlp and its backends, please refer to the module's wiki.
For a full-working microG setup, you may consider to install a Google Play Store replacement application as well as the Services Framework Proxy (GsfProxy) module to provide Google's push messaging service.
An ad blocker that uses the hosts file. The hosts file contains a list of mappings between hostnames and IP addresses. When an app requests an ad, that request is directed to 127.0.0.1 which does nothing. There are options to run a web server to respond to blocked hostnames and to direct requests to the IP address of your choosing. You can automatically download hosts files from the app but it is possible to use your own and to add certain sites to the white- and black-lists.
It lists activities, broadcast receivers, services, providers, permissions, signatures, shared libraries, etc. of any app It can launch (exportable) activities, create (customizable) shortcuts It can block any activities, broadcast receivers, services or providers you like with native import/export as well as Watt and Blocker import support (requires root) It can revoke permissions that are considered dangerous (requires root/ADB) It can disable app ops that are considered dangerous (requires root/ADB) It can scan for trackers in apps and list (all or only) tracking classes (and their code dump) It can generate dynamic manifest for any app It can be used to view/edit/delete shared preferences of any app (requires root) It displays running processes/apps (requires root/ADB) It displays your app usage, data usage and app storage info (requires “Usage Access” permission) Apk files can be shared (hence the use of a provider) It can be used to clear app data or app cache (requires root/ADB) Batch operations: clear app data, disable run in background, disable/kill/uninstall apps One-click operations: block ads/tracker components, block components by signature, block multiple app ops
...and other minor features such as installing/uninstalling/updating/enabling/disabling apps, displaying app installation info, opening on F-Droid, Aurora Droid or Aurora Store.
Google Play Store alternatives.
The F-Droid Repository is an easily-installable catalogue of free and open source apps for Android. With F-Droid, it's easy to browse and install apps on your device, and keep track of updates. You can also browse the repository with a web browser, and download the app directly from there, if you can’t or don’t want to run the F-Droid client on your device.
All applications in the default repository must be Free and Open Source software – for example, released under a GPL or Apache license. Every effort is made to verify that this is actually the case, both by visual inspection of the source, and by building the application from the published source.
Software that reports user activity without permission (e.g. via Google Analytics) or tracks user behaviour (e.g. most advertising platforms) is specifically excluded from FDroid’s own repository, as is software with the primary purpose of interacting with a non-Free network service. You are, of course, free to set up your own repository for this kind of software – the server source is available, and the client will allow addition or removal of repositories as you see fit.
F-Droid originated as a fork of Aptoide. F-Droid can be installed from its website or from within Aptoide, but it is not available for download in Google Market.
-Material F-Droid style -No cards or inappropriate animations -Fast repository syncing -Standard Android components and minimal dependencies
Aurora Store is an unofficial, FOSS client to Google's Play Store with an elegant design. Not only does Aurora Store download, update, and search for apps like the Play Store, it also empowers the user with new features.
For those concerned with privacy, Aurora Store does not require Google's proprietary framework (spyware?) to operate; It works perfectly fine with or without GooglePlayService or MicroG. However, those still reliant on those services are welcome to use Aurora Store as well!
While Aurora Store was originally based on Sergei Yeriomin's Yalp store, v3.0 is a clean & complete rewrite from scratch that follows Material Design and runs on all devices running Android 5.0+.
Free/Libre software -- Has GPLv3 licence
Beautiful design -- Built upon latest Material Design guidelines
Anonymous accounts -- You can log in and download with anonymous accounts so you don't have to use your own account
Personal Accounts -- You can download purchased apps or access your wishlist by using your own Google account
Exodus integration -- Instantly see trackers an app is hiding in its code
Aurora Droid is an unofficial, FOSS client to FDroid and FDroid-compatible repositories with an elegant design. Not only does Aurora Store download, update, and search for apps like the Official FDroid client, it also empowers the user with new features.
- Free/Libre software -- Has GPLv3 licence.
- Beautiful design -- Built upon latest Material Design guidelines.
- Download manager -- To manage multiple downloads along with pause, resume and retry functionalities.
- Inbuilt repo list -- You can add your own repos, but most known repositories are already included and you just need to enable them on startup. No more wasting finger power!
- Transparent downloads -- You are free to download any (even unsupported) versions of an application and they are marked clearly with their architectures and minimum SDKs, unlike the official clients.
Lawnchair is a free, open-source home app for Android. Taking Launcher3 — Android’s default home app — as a starting point, it ports Pixel Launcher features and introduces rich options for customization. This branch houses the codebase of Lawnchair 12, currently in alpha and based on Launcher3 from Android 12. For Lawnchair 9, 10, and 11, see the branches with the 9-, 10-, and 11- prefixes, respectively.
No clever tagline needed
Lawnchair. Get it? It's a bad pun, we know. Based on Launcher3 from AOSP, Lawnchair has all the features of the Pixel Launcher (including the Google Feed), plus customizability. Best of all? No root required.
Android Oreo features
Notification dots and improved shortcut UI have been backported for anyone to use! Perfect for anyone who won't be getting Android Oreo anytime soon.
Pixel Launcher: Customizable
Icon size, label, rows, and columns are all adjustable. Lawnchair also supports icon packs, and the Pill is customizable as well. These aren't the only features, and more are added regularly.
Trebuchet launcher is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based launcher developed by LineageOS team.
This is a port of the popular LineageOS 15 ROM's Trebuchet launcher to enjoy on any device; working with any android version equal or greater than Android 5.x.
Now with icon pack support and some extra features!
If you want to report a bug or have any specific question please check the XDA Thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-lineageos-15-trebuchet-laucher-rom-t3667436
XDA Labs (Appstore) link for Trebuchet: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.lineageport.trebuchet
- XDA member alesimula who is developing the port of Trebuchet.
- And of course LineageOS team
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
Browser using the Gecko layout engine to render web pages, which implements current and anticipated web standards. Fennec F-Droid is based on the latest Firefox release (codenamed Fenix). It's focused on removing any proprietary bits found in official Mozilla's builds. There might still be some binaries left and the app (or some builds) might get removed or re-pushed anytime.
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Bromite is a Chromium fork with support for ad blocking and enhanced privacy.
Bromite aims at providing a no-clutter browsing experience without privacy-invasive features and with the addition of a fast ad-blocking engine. Minimal UI changes are applied to help curbing the idea of "browser as an advertisement platform".
Bromite is only available for Android Marshmallow (v6.0, API level 23) and above.
Open Camera is an Open Source Camera app for Android phones and tablets. Features:
Option to auto-stabilise so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what. Expose your camera's functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch. Video recording (supports all available resolutions including HD). Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay). Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command "cheese". Configurable volume keys. Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users. Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control. Ability to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop's Storage Access Framework). Disable shutter sound. Overlay a choice of grids (including "rule of thirds") and crop guides. Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef). Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT). Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for "screen flash". Support for (some) external microphones. Widget to automatically take a photo after launching. Support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; RAW (DNG) files. Support for HDR and Exposure Bracketing (Camera2 only). Dynamic range optimisation mode for better quality photos. Small file size. Completely free, and no ads in the app. Open Source.
Libre Camera is a free and open source camera app to take pictures and record videos written in Flutter and Dart.
If you are in need of an open source camera app with several features, this app should be for you. From flashlight, focus and exposure controls to changing themes, languages and the compression amount – this app should have you covered. And if not, you can simply open an issue on GitHub and request your feature. Below you can see a list of the features, with more coming in the future!
- Take pictures and record videos with your rear and front camera
- Privacy: No EXIF Metadata saved by default when taking pictures (enable optionally in settings) – and obviously no ads and tracking!
- Themes: Material Design with a Dark, Light or system theme
- Languages currently supported: 1. English, 2. German, 3. Spanish – Contribute translating your language!
- Zoom: Zoom with 2 fingers or with an optional slider
- Flashlight modes: On at capture, Off, Auto, Always on
- Focus: Auto focus, locked focus and manual focus by touching the screen
- Exposure: Auto exposure, locked exposure and manual exposure with an optional slider
- Image compression: Set the compression amount in the settings
- Resolutions: Switch between different camera resolutions
- Save location: Choose your preferred save location
- Small size of about 21MB
- Customizable: Open the settings to customize the app to your liking!
Simple Gallery is a highly customizable offline gallery. Organize & edit your photos, recover deleted files with the recycle bin, protect & hide files and view a huge variety of different photo & video formats including RAW, SVG and much more.
The app contains no ads and unnecessary permissions. As the app doesn’t require internet access either, your privacy is protected.
SIMPLE GALLERY – FEATURES
• Offline gallery with no ads or popups • Simple gallery photo editor – crop, rotate, resize, draw, filters & more • No internet access needed, giving you more privacy and security • No unnecessary permissions required • Quickly search images, videos & files • Open & view many different photo and video types (RAW, SVG, panoramic etc) • A variety of intuitive gestures to easily edit & organize files • Lots of ways to filter, group & sort files • Customize the appearance of Simple Gallery • Available in 32 languages • Mark files as favorites for quick access • Protect your photos & videos with a pattern, pin or fingerprint • Use pin, pattern & fingerprint to protect the app launch or specific functions too • Recover deleted photos & videos from the recycle bin • Toggle visibility of files to hide photos & videos • Create a customizable slideshow of your files • View detailed information of your files (resolution, EXIF values etc) • Simple Gallery is open source … and much much more!
PHOTO GALLERY EDITOR Simple Gallery makes it easy to edit your pictures on the fly. Crop, flip, rotate and resize your pictures. If you’re feeling a little more creative you can add filters and draw on your pictures!
SUPPORT FOR MANY FILE TYPES Unlike some other gallery viewers & photo organizers, Simple Gallery supports a huge range of different file types including JPEG, PNG, MP4, MKV, RAW, SVG, Panoramic photos, Panoramic videos and many more.
- Open source: Lightweight, clean and secure.
- Material Design: Follows Material Design guidelines, with attention into details.
- Breadcrumbs: Navigate in the filesystem with ease.
- Root support: View and manage files with root access.
- Archive support: View, extract and create common compressed files.
- NAS support: View and manage files on FTP, SFTP and SMB servers.
- Themes: Customizable UI colors, plus night mode with optional true black.
- Linux-aware: Like Nautilus, knows symbolic links, file permissions and SELinux context.
- Robust: Uses Linux system calls under the hood, not yet another ls parser.
- Well-implemented: Built upon the right things, including Java NIO2 File API and LiveData.
FlorisBoard is an open-source keyboard aimed at providing you with an easy way to type while respecting your privacy.
Currently implemented and fully working features:
- Latin keyboard layouts
- QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish/Finnish, Danish, Icelandic and Swiss. More coming in future releases
- Easy switching between languages/layouts by defining subtypes in the settings
- Keyboard layouts for typing in a (phone) number
- Special characters input
- Emoji/Emoticon keyboard
- One-handed/compact mode for easier typing on large devices
- Light and dark theme for the input UI (more themes will come in future releases)
- Customization of key press sound/vibration
Your schedule is worth protecting Your calendar is a record of your life. Proton Calendar helps keep it private.
Make every day safer with end-to-end encryption Proton Calendar automatically secures all your events with end-to-end encryption. Events received from people who use other calendars are secured with zero-knowledge encryption. In both cases, event details, including the title, description, location, and people invited, are encrypted so not even we can see them.
All the features you expect, plus privacy Proton Calendar makes staying on top of your schedule simple while keeping your information secure.
Free calendar Everyone has the right to privacy, which is why we make Proton Calendar available for free. To access more features and support our fight for a better internet, upgrade to a paid account.
Your data, your rules Proton Calendar is a calendar that respects privacy and puts people (not advertisers) first. Your data belongs to you, and our encryption ensures that.
Swiss privacy Proton is incorporated and headquartered in Switzerland. This means all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws and Swiss neutrality.
Proton Calendar was built by the team behind Proton Mail, the world’s largest encrypted email service Over 50 million people and some of the world’s largest organizations have signed up with Proton.
Get more from Proton Calendar when you use Proton Mail Proton Calendar comes with a Proton Mail email address that you can use to securely send event invites. You can also add events to Proton Calendar directly from your Proton Mail inbox.
Proton Calendar helps you make the most of your day With Proton Calendar, you can quickly add events, modify invitations, and set multiple reminders, meaning you can spend less time managing your schedule and more time on the things that matter. Import your existing calendar to Proton Calendar with only a couple of clicks to get started.
I wanted a simple, material design, state of the art open source calendar that anyone can improve on.
- Month view.
- Week, day & agenda view.
- Uses Android calendar sync. Works with Google Calendar, Exchange, Etesync etc.
- Material design.
- Agenda widget.
- Dark theme.
Etar is an enhanced version of AOSP Calendar. Without the help of the Free Software for Android team, this app would be just a dream. So, many thanks to them!
Translate You is a Translator App built with Material Design 3 (You) using the LibreTranslate API.
Geometric Weather is a light and powerful weather app that provides you with real-time temperature, air quality, 15-days weather forecast, and accurate time-sharing trends.
Geometry Weather can provide you Beautiful Material Design Interface, Global Weather Data, Automatic Dark Mode, 15 Days And 24 Hours Overview data, Powerful Desktop Widget, Weather Notification And Forecast, Alert Information, Multiple UI Styles and Live Weather Wallpaper.
OsmAnd is a map and navigation application with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality OpenStreetMap data. Enjoy voice and optical navigator, viewing POIs (points of interest), creating and managing GPX tracks, using contour lines visualization and altitude info (through plugin), a choice between driving, cycling, pedestrian modes, OSM editing and much more.
Navigation • Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad) • Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices) • Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival • Supports intermediate points on your itinerary • Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route • Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
Map Viewing • Display your position and orientation • Optionally align the picture according to compass or your direction of motion • Save your most important places as Favorites • Display POIs (point of interests) around you • Display specialized online tiles, satellite view (from Bing), different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional layers with customizable transparency • Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
OSM Data • High-quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world • OSM data available per country or region • Compact offline vector maps updated at least once a month
Safety Features • Optional automated day/night view switching • Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it • Optional speed-dependent zooming • Share your location so that your friends can find you
Organic Maps is an Android & iOS offline maps app for travelers, tourists, hikers, and cyclists based on top of crowd-sourced OpenStreetMap data and curated with love by MAPS.ME founders.
• Detailed offline maps with places that don't exist on other maps • Cycling routes, hiking trails and walking paths • Contour lines, elevation profiles, peaks and slopes • Turn-by-turn walking, cycling and car navigation with voice guidance • Fast offline search on the map and bookmarks • Dark mode to protect your eyes
Organic Maps is pure and organic, made with love:
• Respects your privacy • Saves your battery • No unexpected mobile data charges
Organic Map is free from trackers and other bad stuff:
• No ads • No tracking • No data collection • No phoning home • No annoying registration • No mandatory tutorials • No noisy email spam • No push notifications • No crapware • No pesticides
At Organic Maps, we believe that privacy is a fundamental human right:
• Organic Maps is an indie community-driven open-source project • We protect privacy from Big Tech’s prying eyes • Stay safe no matter wherever you are
Zero trackers found according to Exodus Privacy Report. No excessive permissions requested.
Encryption All of your one-time passwords are stored in a vault. If you choose to set a password, which is highly recommended, the vault will be encrypted using AES-256. If someone with malicious intent gets a hold of the vault file, it’s impossible for them to retrieve the contents without knowing the password.
Fingerprint unlock Entering your password each time you need access to a one-time password can be cumbersome. Fortunately, you can also enable fingerprint unlock if your device has a fingerprint scanner.
Compatibility Aegis supports the HOTP and TOTP algorithms. These two algorithms are industry-standard and widely supported, making Aegis compatible with thousands of services. Some examples are: Google, GitHub, Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram.
It is also compatible with Google Authenticator. Any website that shows a QR code for Google Authenticator also works with Aegis.
Groups Have a lot of one-time passwords? Add them to custom groups for easier access. Personal, Work and Social can each get their own group.
Backups To make sure you will never lose access to your online accounts Aegis Authenticator supports exporting your vault which you can import onto a new device. Aegis Authenticator also allows you to import AndOTP and FreeOTP databases so switching to Aegis is made easier for you.
Open source and license Aegis Authenticator is open source (licensed under GPL v3) and the source code can be found here: http://github.com/beemdevelopment/Aegis
Secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists.
Swiss Based ProtonMail is incorporated in Switzerland and our servers are located in Switzerland. We are outside of US and EU jurisdiction and all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
Zero Access Because of our end-to-end encryption, your data is already encrypted by the time it reaches our servers. We have no access to your messages, and since we cannot decrypt them, we cannot share them with third parties.
Backwards Compatible ProtonMail works out of any modern web browser, there is nothing to install. We are also backwards compatible with other email providers so you can continue sending and receiving emails from friends who are not using ProtonMail.
Forever Free We believe privacy is a fundamental human right and should be available for everyone. That's why we offer multi-tiered pricing including a free version that anyone can use. Let's bring privacy back to the people!
Fully Anonymous We do not log IP addresses or require any personal information to sign up. We accept bitcoin and cash payments for paid accounts to ensure even paid account users have complete privacy.
Cross Platform ProtonMail works on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It's as simple as visiting our site and logging in. There are no plugins or apps to install - simply use your favorite web browser.
Tutanota is the world's most secure email service, easy to use and private by design. You get fully encrypted calendars and contacts with all our personal and business email accounts. It has open source iOS and an Android apps. The Android app is published on F-Droid (which means the app does not use Google's push notification system) making it a great option if you want to de-Google your life. All data is stored encrypted and can not be searched, i.e. for commercial use. It offers dead easy end-to-end encryption.
Encrypted Calendar Organization is key: Regain control over your busy life with Tutanota's encrypted calendar. The calendar is integrated seamlessly into the secure email client and can be easily accessed on any device. Event notifications are sent end-to-end encrypted to fully protect your privacy.
Contacts: Tutanota allows you to add and manage encrypted contacts, always at hand.
Search: Fast search of encrypted data guarantees privacy.
Mail Storage 1 GB of storage is free for everyone.
Easy - one password for everything Tutanota wants to provide the easiest-to-use and most secure email client. You do not have to fiddle with multiple passwords for signing in and for encryption/decryption. The state-of-the-art encryption technology handles all the encryption and decryption complexities. Still: Your password only belongs to you. It is being hashed and salted locally before being transmitted to the servers.
Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tutanota combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
K-9 is an open source email client for Android with multi-folder sync, email signatures, Bcc-to-self, return-address configuration, keyboard shortcuts, Exchange Support, message flagging, IMAP deletes, saving attachments, configurable notifications and more.
Noto is an opensource minimal Note-Taking app that meets customer expectations with privacy in mind.
- Private and secure.
- Small APK size (around 5 MB).
- Minimal, modern, and simplistic design.
- Light/Dark/Black/System themes.
- Support for devices with API 21 (Lollipop) and up.
- No explicit permissions are required.
- All data are stored locally on the device.
- Support for English, Turkish, Arabic, Indonesian, Russian, Spanish, and French languages.
- Material You (Material 3) support.
- Colorful folders.
- Folders archive.
- Folders vault.
- Pinned folders.
- Sorting folders alphabetically, by creation date, or manually.
- Folders widget.
- Notes archive.
- List and grid layouts.
- Auto save.
- Undo/Redo with history view.
- Undo/Redo swiping gestures.
- Copy/Move/Duplicate note options.
- Pinned notes.
- Sorting alphabetically, by creation date, or manually.
- Grouping notes by label, or by creation date.
- Notes widget.
- All notes view with search functionality.
- Recently accessed notes view with search functionality.
- Filtering notes using labels unique for each folder.
- Inclusive/Exclusive labels filtering.
- Full-Screen mode option.
- Do Not Disturb mode option.
- Keep screen on option.
- Quick edit (Jumping to the scrolled text).
- Export/Import all app data.
- Custom app icons.
- Remembering folders and notes scrolling position.
A (work-in-progress) cross-platform libre notes app. Please note that this app is still in early stages and not ready to trust with your notes yet.
Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, MacOS, and web browser.
Private means your notes are end-to-end encrypted, so only you can read your notes. Even we can't read the contents of your notes.
Simple means it does one job and does it well. Standard Notes is a safe and lasting place for your life's work. Our focus is making it easy to write notes wherever you are and syncing them with encryption to all your devices.
Standard Notes comes free with: • Seamless sync across all your devices, with easy to use applications on iPhone, iPad, Mac, web browsers, and other platforms.
- Offline access, so you can access your downloaded notes even without a connection.
- No limit on number of devices.
- No limit on number of notes.
- Passcode lock protection, along with Touch ID and Face ID protection.
- A tagging system to organize your notes (like #work, #ideas, #passwords, #crypto).
- The ability to pin, lock, protect, and move notes to trash, which allows you to recover deleted notes until the trash is emptied.
We made Standard Notes simple because longevity is important to us. We want to make sure we're here, protecting your notes, for the next hundred years. You shouldn't have to find a new notes app every year.
To sustain our development, we offer optional paid subscriptions with additional benefits. A premium subscription gives you access to powerful tools including:
- Super note type
- Beautiful themes
- Web clipper
- Encrypted files
- Hardware security key support
Record You is a voice and screen recorder app built with Material Design 3 (You).
It supports multiple audio formats and codecs, such as M4A, AAC and OPUS.
Record You uses SAF (Storage Access Framework), thus it doesn't require any storage permissons.
It doesn't have any dependencies apart from the Android base and Material design libraries, therefore the app is very lightweight.
- Material Design 3 (You)
- Dark and light theme
- Support for audio and screen recording
- Different available formats and codecs
- In-app recordings player
- SAF (Storage Access Framework) support
- Written in Jetpack Compose
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
Best material design music player for Android. Contribute to MuntashirAkon/Metro development by creating an account on GitHub.
- Local playback only (based on the MediaStore)
- Sleep timer
- Folder browser
- Home screen widgets
- Themes (Just Black, Kinda Dark, Clearly White)
- Now playing themes
- Volume controls
- Album artist support
- Auto-download artist images from Last.fmhttps://f-droid.org/repo/io.github.muntashirakon.Music/en-US/icon_5LD2RbQWtAYguCLyTB7Asa91NkhZu1s6T_IdqngqUR8=.png
Material You Design Music Player for Android music lovers
• Hybrid Design It matches the material guide lines with iOS in mind. Works best on Android Lollipop and higher.
• Navigation never made easier Self-explanatory interface without overloaded menus.
• Colorful You can choose between three different main themes: white, dark and black for AMOLED displays. Select your favorite accent color from a color palette.
Included Features • Homescreen Widgets • Lockscreen Playback Controls • Lyrics Screen (download and sync with music) • Sleep Timer • Homescreen Widgets • Tag editor • Last.fm integration • Create and Edit playlists
- Material Design 3 (You)
- Dark and light theme -Uses the Android contacts system API
- Contact creation, editing and deleting
- Support for phone numbers, emails, addresses and events
- Written in Jetpack Compose
Koler is a uniquely stylized phone app for Android, designed with the user in mind.
Go ahead, video chat with the whole team. In fact, invite everyone you know. Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free — with no account needed.
What else can you do with Jitsi Meet?
- Share your desktop, presentations, and more
- Invite users to a conference via a simple, custom URL
- Edit documents together using Etherpad
- Pick fun meeting URLs for every meeting
- Trade messages and emojis while you video conference, with integrated chat.
Jitsi Meet is packed with premium features. Yep, it’s free — and it’s technologically advanced, too. In fact, Jitsi Meet:
- Sounds better, thanks to HD audio with Opus
- Is anonymous: No need for an account, ever!
- Keeps conversations private with encryption by default (and advanced security settings)
- Is developer-friendly: Modify and customize it to your heart’s content. It’s 100% open source.
Jitsi Meet is the successor of the legacy project Jitsi Desktop
FluffyChat is an open, nonprofit and cute matrix messenger app for Ubuntu Touch, Android and iOS.
Open Opensource and open development where everyone can join.
Nonprofit FluffyChat is donation funded.
Cute Cute design and many theme settings including a dark mode.
One-to-one and groupchats Unlimited groups and direct chats.
Easy FluffyChat is made as simple to use as possible.
Free Free to use for everyone without ads.
Decentralized There is no "FluffyChat server" you are forced to use. Use the server you find trustworthy or host your own.
Compatible Compatible with Riot, Fractal, Nekho and all matrix messengers.
Send all kinds of messages, images and files Voice messages Location sharing Push notifications Unlimited private and public group chats Public channels with thousands of participants Feature rich group moderation including all matrix features Discover and join public groups Dark mode Custom themes Hides complexity of Matrix IDs behind simple QR codes Custom emotes and stickers Spaces Compatible with Element, Nheko, NeoChat and all other Matrix apps End to end encryption Emoji verification & cross signing And much more...
Communication is critical. Privacy is essential.
Simple, just how you like it. Revolt is built on the same technologies as other popular chat applications, so there won’t be any need to re-learn on how to use it. Also, you can customize it to your heart’s content.
Open source to the public. We believe that there’s more to it than just code. By having the Revolt project open source means that we can create a transparent layer between us and the user. Contribute, create your own bot or make your own version of the Revolt client.
Available everywhere. From desktop to mobile, the Revolt app is available wherever you are, so you can chat, call or get in a video call, even if you're not in front of your computer.
Your data should be yours, not ours. Privacy has become a major concern over the past few years, and we wanted to take action by building a privacy-safe, open source chat platform without any data aggregation.
Mastodon is a Free and Open Source federated social network, made with a focus on more personal interaction.
The biggest difference between Mastodon and many other social networks is that even though a Mastodon website (called an instance) can operate alone, they can interoperate through AcitivityPub, letting their users on different, independent, instances communicate with each other. This is called federation, and it even works with instances running different software like PeerTube and Pixelfed
- No ads or tracking
- No algorithm
- Completely Free and Open Source
- 500 character text limit
- Custom emojis
- Content warnings/spoilers
- Easy post editing
- Many moderation tools like text filtering
- Image thumbnail adjustment
- Fully self-hostable
A fork of the official Mastodon Android app adding important features that are missing in the official app and possibly won’t ever be implemented, such as the federated timeline, unlisted posting and an image description viewer.
A Fediverse client for microblogging instances, made with Flutter and Dart.
Currently, Kaiteki is still in a proof-of-concept/alpha stage, with simple Mastodon/Pleroma and Misskey support, future backends could follow.
LibreTube is an alternative frontend to YouTube / YouTube Music for Android. It's Free and Open Source. It retrieves data via NewPipe Extractor, but doesn't pass the request to Google as NewPipe does. Synchronization across all devices is easy with an online YouTube frontend Piped account.
- Ad Free / SponsorBlock
- User Accounts for Sync settings / Use without account
- Subscriptions / Subscription Groups
- User Playlists
- Playlist Bookmarks
- Channel Tabs
- Search Filters
- Player Gestures
- Dark mode
ReVanced is an unofficial continuation of YouTube Vanced and unaffiliated with Vanced, aiming to deliver new features as well as those already seen in Vanced. No Ads and SponsorBlock, Background Playback, Auto Repeat, Return YouTube Dislike, Download videos.
Applied patches: microg-patch, amoled, minimized-playback, old-quality-layout, disable-create-button, general-ads, video-ads, seekbar-tapping, background-play
Beware of similar unofficial sites. To use it, first install "ReVanced Manager".
- No Ads
- Anonymous / Use Spotify account for playlist sync
- Playlist creation / Playlist auto generate
- Time synced lyrics
- Download music
- Use Piped instance
- Dark theme
- Multi-language: Simplified Chinese
KDE Connect is a project that aims to communicate all your devices. For example, with KDE Connect you can receive your phone notifications on your computer, or just use your phone as a remote control for your desktop. To achieve this, KDE Connect implements a secure communication protocol over the network, and allows any developer to create plugins on top of it. Currently there are KDE Connect clients on KDE, Android and Blackberry, and soon we will support iPhone as well.
This application mirrors Android devices (video and audio) connected on USB and WiFi, and allows to control the device with the keyboard and the mouse of the computer. It does not require any root access. It works on Linux, Windows and macOS.
IT FOCUSES ON:
- lightness: native, displays only the device screen
- performance: 30~120fps, depending on the device
- quality: 1920×1080 or above
- low latency: 35~70ms
- low startup time: ~1 second to display the first image
- non-intrusiveness: nothing is left installed on the device
- user benefits: no account, no ads, no internet required
- freedom: free and open source software
ITS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- audio forwarding (Android >= 11)
- mirroring with Android device screen off
- copy-paste in both directions
- configurable quality
- Android device as a webcam (V4L2) (Linux-only)
- physical keyboard/mouse simulation (HID)
- OTG mode
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The application executes a server on the device. The client and the server communicate via a socket over an adb tunnel.
- The server streams a video stream of the device screen. The client decodes the video frames and displays them. For Android 11+, the server also streams an audio stream of the device audio output, that the client decodes and plays.
- The client captures input (keyboard and mouse) events, sends them to the server, which injects them to the device.
Ready to go. Termux works directly with no rooting or setup required. At first start a minimal base system is installed automatically - you decide what to do next.
Powerful. Combine the flexibility and power of command-line tools - monitor multiple remote servers over SSH by tailing log files in tmux, sync dotfiles with git and encrypt secrets with gpg.
Feature packed. Take your pick between bash or zsh and nano or vim. Grep through your SMS inbox and use curl to upload backups of your contact list into the cloud.
Customizable. Install what you want through the Apt package management system known from Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux, which also takes care of keeping installed packages updated.
Explore. Have you ever sat on a bus and thought about exactly which arguments tar accepts? Packages available in Termux are the same as those on Mac and Linux - install man pages on your phone and read them in one session while experimenting with them in another.
Batteries included. Can you imagine a more powerful yet elegant pocket calculator than a readline-powered python console? Up-to-date versions of perl, python, ruby and node.js are all available.
Scale up. Connect a bluetooth keyboard and hook up your device to an external display if you need to - Termux supports keyboard shortcuts and has full mouse support.
Develop. Develop by compiling C files with clang or gcc and build your own projects with makefiles or cmake. Both gdb and strace are available if you get stuck and need to debug.
Alternative Operating Systems:
postmarketOS (pmOS), is a touch-optimized, pre-configured Alpine Linux that can be installed on smartphones and other mobile devices. The project is at very early stages of development and is not usable for most users yet.
We develop a sustainable mobile OS
It is 2017. Pick an average PC from 2007 and install a minimal Linux based operating system. You will be able to do basic computing tasks (eg. surfing the web, reading e-mails, listening to music, chatting) just like on an expensive modern PC. You will even get security updates, so your old computer is protected, just like a new one.
On the current mobile landscape you get none of that. Even expensive phones only have few years of support. As time progresses, your phone becomes slower and slower, and the newest features will not work on it anymore. But postmarketOS builds upon a real Linux distribution, which has no reason to drop support for old devices at all and (assuming that you choose the right software) keeps the resource usage at a constant minimum instead of increasing it with every release. There's no reason to restrict features (such as full disk encryption) to newer devices either. We want to be able to use our devices until they break!
Package and run anything you want
postmarketOS is developed in the spirit of regular Linux distributions, so there's no problem in having multiple phone interfaces (e.g. UBports, featurephone with big numbers, plain shell) and let the user choose. A lot of work already went into getting KDE plasma mobile running, it is getting closer every day!
Furthermore postmarketOS will not impose arbitrary restrictions on you. Use the apps from any ecosystem you want (even desktop software). With Alpine's simple package format, you do not need more than a bit of Linux knowledge to package your favorite programs (assuming that they run on Linux already).
Mobian is an open-source project aimed at bringing Debian GNU/Linux to mobile devices.
Mobian's goals are to:
- bring Debian GNU/Linux to mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets
- have a simple installation process
- provide a modern user experience
For these reasons, Mobian provides easy-to-use bootable images pre-configured to boot directly into the Phosh graphical environment. These images are pre-loaded with all the essential software needed on a mobile device: phone and messaging (SMS, XMPP, Matrix, Telegram) applications, e-mail client, Web browser, and a lot more!
Ubuntu Touch is a mobile version of the Ubuntu operating system for mobile devices. It is adapted to run naturally in a mobile, touch-screen environment but is also capable of functioning as a desktop computer while in "desktop mode". This aforementioned converging of environments from device to device is where the term "Convergence" originates. Ubuntu Touch is made and maintained by the UBports Community, a group of volunteers and passionate people across the world, and is not in any way endorsed by or affiliated with Ubuntu or Canonical.