Free Malware Protection
Some of my favorite free items that keep my system safe. Good to have with Highest UAC setting and a standard account for daily computing.
An efficient blocker add-on for various browsers. Fast, potent, and lean.
uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, Online Malicious URL Blocklist, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.
Avira Browser Safety is a FREE browser extension for Chrome and Firefox that blocks infected websites, protects your privacy and finds you the best deals for what you're shopping for
Control all web traffic on your devices, block ads, trackers, and malicious domains. Make the Internet safe for everyone at home or at work.
- Block anything: Block ads, trackers, and analytics systems for any website or app
- Protect your kids: Shield your kids from undesired content and schedule their screen time
- Control all devices: View request stats and manage web traffic for each of your devices
How AdGuard DNS works
- Let's imagine that you've connected your devices to AdGuard DNS. Now your DNS service is up and running.
- Every time you enter a website URL or open a link, your device asks AdGuard DNS for the corresponding IP address.
- If the domain address belongs to an advertising, tracking, malicious, or phishing website, AdGuard DNS blocks your access to it, thus protecting you from malicious attacks or privacy breaches.
- Our dashboard gives you a clear understanding of what domains get requested by each of your devices. It helps you quickly and easily block unwanted sites.
- You're all set! AdGuard DNS helps you control your online experience and see what you want to see without exposure to ads, tracking, or malicious threats.
- Ad blocking: AdGuard DNS uses powerful filters to eliminate ads and trackers on every connected device. Trust our default filters, block domains manually, or do both: it’s up to you.
- Parental control: Keep your children safe online: shield them from adult content on websites, search results, or YouTube. Decide which sites should be blocked and when. For example, stop your children from using social media during their homework.
- Stats at your fingertips: Get real-time stats on DNS requests of all devices. For each device, see to which sites it tried to connect, which requests got blocked, and when, and change DNS filtering rules on the fly. View stats by date, country, or device, or switch to a bird's eye view.
- Customized filtering: Use our private DNS server and decide which domains should be blocked or allowed on each of your devices. Connect your computer, smartphone, tablet, or router and manage their DNS queries as you see fit.
AdGuard is the best way to get rid of intrusive ads and online tracking, and to protect your computer from malware. Make your web surfing faster, safer and more comfortable with AdGuard!
Why choose AdGuard?
Pop-ups, video adverts, banners and such — they will all go away. Due to unnoticeable background filtering and cosmetic processing, all you will see are clean pages with the content you came for.
AdGuard fights against all trackers and analytical systems that spy on you thanks to the special Spyware filter designed by the AdGuard team. It accumulates rules against all known online analytics that try to steal your private data.
There are plenty of otherwise great apps that just can't resist showing ads to you. AdGuard lets you have the best of both worlds by giving an option to filter traffic of any app installed on your computer.
Quad9 is a free, recursive, anycast DNS platform that provides end users robust security protections, high-performance, and privacy.
Security: Quad9 blocks against known malicious domains, preventing your computers and IoT devices from connecting malware or phishing sites
Performance: Quad9 systems are distributed worldwide in more than 70 locations at launch, with more than 160 locations in total on schedule for 2018.
Privacy: No personally-identifiable information is collected by the system. IP addresses of end users are not stored to disk or distributed outside of the equipment answering the query in the local data center. Quad9 is a not-for-profit organization dedicated only to the operation of DNS services. There are no other secondary revenue streams for personally-identifiable data, and the core charter of the organization is to provide secure, fast, private DNS.
Brave Web Browser is a fast, free, secure web browser with a built-in ad blocker*, tracking and security protection, and optimized data and battery experience.
*What is Brave Ad Replacement?
Brave’s goal is to speed up the web, stop bad ads and pay publishers. One of the ways we plan to accomplish this is with ad replacements. We will also invite users to fund their wallets and to use those funds to pay the publishers of their favorite websites.
Windows Security (known as Windows Defender Antivirus before Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Windows Defender before Windows 10 Creators Update, or Microsoft Defender Antivirus before Windows 11) is an anti-malware component of Microsoft Windows. It was first released as a downloadable free anti-spyware program for Windows XP, and was later shipped with Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has evolved into a full antivirus program, replacing Microsoft Security Essentials, as part of Windows 8 and later versions.