A FOSS alternative front-end to IMDb.
- No ads or tracking: Browse any movie info without being tracked or bombarded by annoying ads.
- No connection to IMDb: All requests go through the backend; client never talks to IMDb except for a bunch of requests to m.media-amazon.com for images.
- Lightweight: Up movie page: libremdb: ~35 HTTP requests(1.35MB) vs IMDb: ~280 requests(7.75MB)
- Modern interface: Modern interface with curated colors supporting both dark and light themes.
- Responsive design: Be it your small mobile or big computer screen, it's fully responsive.
Free and Open Source Translation API, entirely self-hosted and works even in offline environments. Unlike other APIs, it doesn't rely on proprietary providers such as Google or Azure to perform translations. Powered by Argos Translate.
An alternative private front-end to Reddit
Libre + Reddit = Libreddit
Like Invidious but for Reddit. Browse the coldest takes of r/unpopularopinion without being tracked.
A free and open source alternative Twitter front-end focused on privacy. Inspired by the invidio.us project.
- All requests go through the backend, client never talks to Twitter
- Unofficial API (no rate limits or developer account required)
- AGPLv3 licensed, no proprietary instances permitted
- Dark theme
- Lightweight (for @nim_lang, 36KB vs 580KB from twitter.com)
Piped is an online frontend for viewing YouTube. NewPipe Extractor is used to retrieve information from YouTube. Piped doesn't connect your request to Google.
- No ads / And Skip ad scenes with SponsorBlock
- Return YouTube Dislike
- No registration required / or No email address required for registration
- Your playlist via registration
- Subscribe to channels without YouTube account / Groups of subscriptions
- Picture in Picture
- Various import formats (JSON / OPML / csv / .db / zip)
- Export/Import for Settings and Playlists via JSON
- Dark mode
Piped is used by other apps via Piped API.