An experimental open-source Nintendo 3DS emulator/debugger written in C++. At this time, it only emulates a very small subset of 3DS hardware, and therefore is only useful for booting/debugging very simple homebrew demos. Citra is licensed under the GPLv2. Refer to the license.txt file included. Please read the FAQ before getting started with the project.
yuzu is an experimental open-source emulator for the Nintendo Switch from the creators of Citra.
It is written in C++ with portability in mind, with builds actively maintained for Windows, Linux and macOS. The emulator is currently only useful for homebrew development and research purposes.
It is a Nintendo Switch Emulator programmed in C#; unlike most emulators that are created with C++ or C. This emulator aims to offer good performance, a friendly interface, and consistent builds. Ryujinx is created by user gdkchan over at the GBAtemp forums. This emulator is also available on GitHub, and is licensed under the "Unlicensed" license.
What is RetroArch? RetroArch is a modular multi-system emulator system that is designed to be fast, lightweight, and portable. It has features lacking in some emulators frontends, such as real-time rewinding and game-aware shading.
What systems does it play?
- Arcade (emulator: Final Burn Alpha / iMAME4All / MAME)
- Atari 2600 (emulator: Stella)
- Atari Lynx (emulator: Handy)
- Nintendo Entertainment System (emulator: FCEUmm / NEStopia / QuickNES)
- Super Nintendo (emulator: bSNES/Higan/ PocketSNES / SNES9x / SNES9x Next)
- Nintendo 64 (emulator: Mupen64Plus)
- Nintendo GameBoy / GameBoy Color (emulator: gambatte)
- Nintendo GameBoy Advance (emulator: Mednafen GBA / Meteor / VBA-M / VBA Next)
- Nintendo DS (emulator: DeSmuME)
- Nintendo Virtual Boy (emulator: Mednafen VB)
- Neo Geo Pocket Color (emulator: Mednafen NGP)
- Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (emulator: Genesis Plus GX / Picodrive)
- Sega Master System/Sega Game Gear (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
- Sega CD / Mega CD (emulator: Genesis Plus GX / Picodrive)
- Sega 32X (emulator: Picodrive)
- Sony PlayStation 1 (emulator: PCSX ReARMed / Mednafen PSX)
- PC Engine / PC Engine CD (emulator: Mednafen PCE Fast)
- WonderSwan Color / Crystal (emulator: Mednafen Wonderswan)
- Cave Story (game engine: NX Engine)
- Doom 1 / Doom 2 / Ultimate Doom / Final Doom (game engine: prBoom)
- Quake (game engine: TyrQuake)
- ScummVM (game engine) [WIP]
- MS-DOS (emulator: DosBox) [WIP]
- Nintendo 64 (emulator: Mupen64 on ARM) [WIP]
- Nintendo Entertainment System (emulator: QuickNES) [WIP]
- Sega Saturn (emulator: Yabause) [WIP]
What platforms does it run on?
- Linux (x86 and x86_64)
- Windows (32bit/64bit)
- Mac OSX (Intel/PowerPC)
- Playstation 3 (PS3 SDK)
- PlayStation Portable (PSP)
- PlayStation Vita/TV
- Xbox 1 (XDK)
- Xbox 360 (XeXDK/Libxenon)
- Nintendo 3DS
- Raspberry Pi (and various other ARM hardware through Lakka)
- Blackberry (10/Playbook)