DiskCryptor is a free and open-source utility that offers encryption of all disk partitions, including the system partition. Originally conceived as a replacement for DriveCrypt Plus Pack and PGP Whole Disk Encryption (WDE), the project aims to create the best product in its category. Initially, DiskCryptor's encryption format was compatible with TrueCrypt because they encrypted data with the AES-256 algorithm in LRW mode. Starting with version 0.5, DiskCryptor relies on a different format that enables encrypting partitions with data on them. (TrueCrypt could only create empty volumes.)
dupeGuru is a free and open source tool to find duplicate files on your computer. It can scan either filenames or contents. The filename scan features a fuzzy matching algorithm that can find duplicate filenames even when they are not exactly the same. dupeGuru runs on Mac OS X, Linux, & Windows.
Freeplane is a powerful and free software for building mind maps. It is a redesigned version of the well known FreeMind , and is created by one of FreeMind's key developers. The software is written in Java, and supports any platform capable of running current versions of Java.
An online alternative front-end to YouTube. Open-source (AGPLv3 licensed)
[The instance at invidio.us made by Omar Roth was closed in September 2020. You can select another instance and the project can still be found on GitHub. However, Omar developed this in the rare Crystal language, which has few developers.]
- Lightweight (homepage is ~4 KB compressed)
- No ads
- Audio-only mode (and no need to keep window open on mobile)
- No registration required or No email address required for registration
- Your playlist via registration
- No need to create a Google account to save subscriptions
- Tools for managing subscriptions:
- Only show unseen videos
- Only show latest (or latest unseen) video from each channel
- Delivers notifications from all subscribed channels
- Automatically redirect homepage to feed
- Import subscriptions from YouTube
- Download Videos
- Picture in Picture
- Set default player options (speed, quality, autoplay, loop)
- Dark mode
- Embed support
- Support for Reddit comments in place of YT comments
- Import/Export subscriptions, watch history, preferences
- Export for Invidious (JSON) / NewPipe (OPML)
- Developer API
Invidious is used by other apps via Invidious API.
KeePassXC is a community fork of KeePassX, the cross-platform port of KeePass for Windows. Every feature is cross-platform and tested to give users the same feel on each operating system, including the loved auto-type feature.
The complete database is always encrypted with the AES (alias Rijndael) encryption algorithm using a 256 bit key. KeePassXC uses a database format that is compatible with KeePass Password Safe. Your wallet always works offline and requires no Internet connection.
The source code is published under the terms of the GNU General Public License. KeePassXC is and always will be free as in freedom as well as in beer. Contributions from everyone are welcome.
Features: • Attractive GNU General Public License version 2 or 3. This means the software code of this extension is owned and supported by a friendly not-for-profit community. Instead of a for-profit corporation. https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc/blob/develop/COPYING • Cloud synchronization available. Using Nextcloud or any other supplier to your liking. Simply by storing your KeePassXC database inside your shared cloud folder and letting your desktop synchronization client do the rest. Offers to re-load on changes from another device. • Auto-fill entry of username, password, and TOTP • Strong and random password generator • Cross-platform Linux, MacOS, Windows • Store TOTP secrets. In either different or same database. • Browser add-ons for Firefox or Chromium/Chrome ___• https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keepassxc-browser/ ___• https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keepassxc-browser/oboonakemofpalcgghocfoadofidjkkk • Open and convert databases in KeePass 1.x (.kdbx) or KeePass 2.x (.kdbx) format • Well documented at https://keepassxc.org/docs/ • Latest version available at https://flathub.org/apps/org.keepassxc.KeePassXC • Ad-free • Tracker-free • Cloud-free • Auto-saves your changes
VeraCrypt is a free and libre source (open source) disk encryption software brought to you by https://www.idrix.fr
• Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk. • Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive. • Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication). • Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent. • Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted. • Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors. • Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system. • Multilingual. More than 35 languages. List at https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/code/ci/master/tree/Translations • More information about the features of VeraCrypt may be found in this documentation at https://veracrypt.fr/en/Documentation.html
VeraCrypt is based on TrueCrypt 7.1a at TrueCrypt . In comparison to TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption, making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks.
For example, when the system partition is encrypted, TrueCrypt uses PBKDF2-RIPEMD160 with 1000 iterations whereas in VeraCrypt we use 327670. And for standard containers and other partitions, TrueCrypt uses at most 2000 iterations but VeraCrypt uses 655340 for RIPEMD160 and 500000 iterations for SHA-2 and Whirlpool.
VeraCrypt is licensed with both Apache 2.0 and TrueCrypt 3.0 licenses. Per https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/code/ci/master/tree/License.txt#l24
WireGuard is an extremely simple yet fast and modern VPN that utilizes state-of-the-art cryptography. It aims to be faster, simpler, leaner, and more useful than IPSec, while avoiding the massive headache. It intends to be considerably more performant than OpenVPN. WireGuard is designed as a general purpose VPN for running on embedded interfaces and super computers alike, fit for many different circumstances. Initially released for the Linux kernel, it plans to be cross-platform and widely deployable. It is currently under heavy development, but already it might be regarded as the most secure, easiest to use, and simplest VPN solution in the industry.
Command line program as a youtube-dl fork that downloads videos from YouTube and over 1000 sites. yt-dlp is a youtube-dl fork based on the now inactive youtube-dlc. The main focus of this project is adding new features and patches while also keeping up to date with the original project.
The major new features from the latest release are:
SponSkrub Integration: You can use SponSkrub to mark/remove sponsor sections in YouTube videos by utilizing the SponsorBlock API
Format Sorting: The default format sorting options have been changed so that higher resolution and better codecs will be now preferred instead of simply using larger bitrate. Furthermore, you can now specify the sort order using -S. This allows for much easier format selection than what is possible by simply using --format (examples)
Merged with youtube-dl commit/379f52a: (v2021.06.06) You get all the latest features and patches of youtube-dl in addition to all the features of youtube-dlc
Merged with animelover1984/youtube-dl: You get most of the features and improvements from animelover1984/youtube-dl including --write-comments, BiliBiliSearch, BilibiliChannel, Embedding thumbnail in mp4/ogg/opus, playlist infojson etc. Note that the NicoNico improvements are not available. See #31 for details.
- All Feeds (:ytfav, :ytwatchlater, :ytsubs, :ythistory, :ytrec) and private playlists supports downloading multiple pages of content
- Search (ytsearch:, ytsearchdate:), search URLs and in-channel search works
- Mixes supports downloading multiple pages of content
- Most (but not all) age-gated content can be downloaded without cookies
- Partial workaround for throttling issue
- Redirect channel's home URL automatically to /video to preserve the old behaviour
- 255kbps audio is extracted from YouTube music if premium cookies are given
- YouTube music Albums, channels etc. can be downloaded