Best bike apps
Cycling Tracker is the ultimate tool for tracking your bicycle rides in Windows 8. Cycling Tracker supports a wide range of different GPS bike computers that use the FIT or TCX file format. See exactly where you have ridden in Bing Maps . View information from your past bicycle rides and track your goals with detailed analysis of your performances. Stay always up-to-date with your latest achievements with live tiles.
Connect to your Strava account and view all your Strava rides in a touch friendly Windows 8 environment. Plugin your Garmin Edge into your Microsoft Surface while you're on the road, most of the app's functionality works seamlessly without an internet connection.
Cycling Tracker is community driven and greatly appreciates your feedback to add and improve features in the future.
Komoot is the key to the outdoors. Just plan your hiking, road cycling or MTB adventures in the planner, and be guided along every trail, track, road or path—even when you’re offline. Get your first region for free and say hello to your next adventure!
PLAN YOUR PERFECT HIKING, MOUNTAIN BIKING OR ROAD CYCLING ADVENTURE
Get the route perfect for your sport—be it smooth asphalt for your road bike, singletracks for your mountain bike, silent cycling paths for touring or natural trails for your hikes. Plan down to the last detail with at-your-fingertips info like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
TURN-BY-TURN VOICE NAVIGATION
Never take your eyes off the road with turn-by-turn voice navigation: your precise, down-to-the-inch verbal navigator that doesn’t distract you from your surroundings. Keep your eyes firmly on the adventure in front of you and navigate with ease, even on small trails or in the woods.
OFFLINE MAPS FOR OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
Download your planned outdoor adventures and save topographic maps with one tap. Navigate the outdoors even when the internet is down or unreliable. Differentiate hiking paths, MTB singletracks or paved roads, terrain and land cover at a glance.
BROWSE HIGHLIGHTS: THE KOMOOT COMMUNITY’S FAVORITE PLACES
So you can decide on the destination of your next adventure at a glance, see Highlights on the map. From peaks, parks, and points of interest, to singletracks and sandwich shops, these places or segments, showing up as red dots in the planner, are the spots other users think you should check out. And if you’re in the know, you can recommend your own to the community in turn and inspire others to visit your favorite places, too.
And much more…
Strava makes fitness tracking social. We house your entire active journey in one spot – and you get to share it with friends. Here’s how:
• Record everything – runs, rides, hikes, yoga and over 30 other sport types. Think of Strava as the homebase of your movement.
• Discover anywhere – our Routes tool uses de-identified Strava data to intelligently recommend popular routes based on your preferences. You can also build your own.
• Build a support network – Strava’s about celebrating movement. Here you’ll find your community and cheer each other on.
• Train smarter – get data insights to understand your progress and see how you improve. Your Training Log is the record of all your workouts.
• Move safer – share your real-time location with loved ones while outdoors for an extra layer of safety.
• Sync your favorite apps and devices – Strava is compatible with thousands of them (Wear OS, Samsung, Fitbit, Garmin – you name it).
• Join and create challenges – join millions in monthly challenges to chase new goals, collect digital badges and stay accountable.
• Embrace the unfiltered – your feed on Strava is filled with real efforts from real people. That’s how we motivate each other.
• Whether you’re a world-class athlete or a total beginner, you belong here. Just record and go.
Strava includes both a free version and a subscription version with premium features.
The Cyclope bike application allows, in addition to the classic functions of a bike computer, to connect the cyclists in them. You can know the position of the other riders, have the time gap, create your bike route, participate in the world cycling championship, communicate by voice like professionals with their headset.
You will find on the upper main screen all the information you need when you are cycling.
Whether distance traveled, current speed, average speed, max speed, stopwatch and time, altitude, positive and negative elevation, percentage of the slope, weather with temperature, rate humidity, wind speed and direction and even weather forecasts for the next 3 and 6 hours.
On the lower screen you can see the map in 3D to better learn the terrain around you, Useful when riding a bike.
You will be represented on the map by a 3D cyclist called a Cyclope. If other cyclists are riding with you or other cyclists using Cyclope are cycling nearby, then you will see them on your 3D map.
By selecting the 3D Cyclope that represents them, you will have a set of information such as the speed at which it moves, the distance it has traveled, the slope on which it is, and also the gap in time that it between him and you. All of this refreshed every 10 seconds.
To be even more connected with your cycling partners, Cyclope integrates messaging and voice chat.
MESSAGING You can communicate with your friends by text message. Write your message and select one or more recipients from your friends list. If the person is not connected to Cyclope, he will receive a notification on his mobile with the message.
Convenient for organizing a ride or indicating a meeting point for everyone during a bike ride.
A quick button also exists allowing you to send in one click to those accompanying you a message indicating that you have a mechanical problem (puncture or other).
VOICE CONNECTION. A talky-walky is also present on Cyclope.
It will allow you to communicate with your partners by voice like professionals with their headset.
It works like a real talky walky. You choose a channel to converse with the whole group, and you're all connected. Of course, like a real talky walky, if you don't want anyone to hear you speak, there is a button to mute the microphone.
You hear others but they will not hear you. Convenient to find out what a person with whom you no longer have eye contact is doing.
CHALLENGE. There is also a recreational side to Cyclope.
A competition, each week, is organized to win a distinctive Tour de France jersey.
Depending on your performance, you will be awarded points for each category.
Depending on your ranking at the end of the week, you will earn points for the World Cycling Championship which takes place over a month.
Routing and tracking your outdoor activities is the purpose of this new app. Designed for Windows Phone, it makes use of the device's GPS and embraces the latest "mango" principles.
You love to discover, navigate and record new bike routes? No matter if you're riding a mountain bike, cross bike, e-bike or road bike - the free Bikemap app helps you navigate the latest and greatest cycling paths and inspires you with over 7 million routes worldwide - voice navigation included. Bikemap assists you on all of your cycling adventures!
All features at a glance:
- A to B Navigation with stopovers
- Intelligent voice navigation — online and offline
- Save all routes and maps for offline use (Premium)
- Explore over 7 million cycling routes in more than 100 countries
- Track your ride with your phone, tablet or watch (GPX and KML support included)
- Report obstacles and hazards such as construction, potholes and slippery roads
- A variety of map styles: Basic, OpenCycleMap, OpenStreetMap, 3D and Night Mode (Premium)
- Optimize your route with one tap for mountain bikes and road bikes (Premium)
- Find POIs in your area directly on the map (public restrooms, bike rentals, workshops etc.)
- Get access to routes of more than 4 million Bikemap users
- Find the most popular cycling routes nearby
- Explore the best cycling regions worldwide
The best cycling app for the Windows Phone!
The ultimate exercise tracking app for Windows Phone! Although designed by bikers for bikers, it can also be used to track other kinds of activity, like hiking, running, and even driving! Ahead of the pack through innovative features such as: • Race against Yourself, where you record and then race against your previous record! • Audio readout of ride stats, to allow you to keep the phone screen turned off, maximizing the battery life. And of course standard features you’ve come to expect from apps in this category, such as: • Track your ride on a map. Uses the new Nokia Map, allowing Nokia phone users to cache their maps offline, minimizing data and battery usage. • Keep track of vital ride statics, such as average speed, peak speed, current speed, exercise time (time moving), total time, and calories burned. • Analyze your previous ride record through easy to use charts! • Full support for Metric and Imperial measurement systems.
Follow us on Twitter at #CycloMeterWP8
Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/CycloMeterWP8
Great list of applications to transform your phone to cycling computer.