Secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists.
Swiss Based ProtonMail is incorporated in Switzerland and our servers are located in Switzerland. We are outside of US and EU jurisdiction and all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
Zero Access Because of our end-to-end encryption, your data is already encrypted by the time it reaches our servers. We have no access to your messages, and since we cannot decrypt them, we cannot share them with third parties.
Backwards Compatible ProtonMail works out of any modern web browser, there is nothing to install. We are also backwards compatible with other email providers so you can continue sending and receiving emails from friends who are not using ProtonMail.
Forever Free We believe privacy is a fundamental human right and should be available for everyone. That's why we offer multi-tiered pricing including a free version that anyone can use. Let's bring privacy back to the people!
Fully Anonymous We do not log IP addresses or require any personal information to sign up. We accept bitcoin and cash payments for paid accounts to ensure even paid account users have complete privacy.
Cross Platform ProtonMail works on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It's as simple as visiting our site and logging in. There are no plugins or apps to install - simply use your favorite web browser.
Pidgin is an easy to use, multi-protocol chat client client used by millions. Connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, XMPP, and more chat networks all at once. It has built-in support for NSS, offering client-to-server message encryption for protocols that support it. The program is extendable through plugins, including "Off-the-Record Messaging" and Pidgin encryption, providing end-to-end message encryption.
Simple end-to-end encryption to secure email and attachments on Gmail, Outlook or any other email provider.
- Sets up in a few taps
- Send encrypted email and attachments to anyone
FlowCrypt lets you use PGP end-to-end encryption by generating a private and public key. Sources available at https://github.com/FlowCrypt/
There are a few ways this encryption app stands out:
- Easy email encryption that just works.
- Anyone can use it. We've worked to ensure every single way possible that email encryption can be confusing has been removed, so that more people can encrypt Gmail or other email.
- You can send encrypted attachments. Text files, powerpoint slides, excel documents, image files, any and all files and attachments can be sent privately.
- No understanding of cryptography needed. Don’t know what a public key is? You don’t need to know to secure your email with FlowCrypt. Power users with an existing public key are also served.
Whether you have struggled with other ways to encrypt email or you are trying email encryption for the first time, you will find this a very simple secure email solution thanks to PGP.
PGP stands for Pretty Good Privacy it's the standard for secure email encryption. This Gmail end-to-end encryption plugin lets you encrypt Gmail messages anytime your email security and privacy matters, without having to think about it.
Most email providers don't give you the level of privacy that we should expect. That is why we created the FlowCrypt PGP plugin that lets you encrypt google email without needing to learn anything new.
Email PGP encryption has been historically a very difficult area, which few people used because there was no easy PGP solution around. If you were asked for a Public Key or a PubKey so that others can encrypt messages for you, just install FlowCrypt and you will find your new Public Key in the settings.
Briar is a messaging app designed for activists, journalists, and anyone else who needs a safe, easy and robust way to communicate.
- Unlike traditional messaging tools such as email, Twitter or Telegram, Briar doesn't rely on a central server - messages are synchronized directly between the users' devices. If the Internet's down, Briar can sync via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, keeping the information flowing in a crisis. If the Internet's up, Briar can sync via the Tor network, protecting users and their relationships from surveillance.
Disroot is a platform that offers federated web services to the public. It combines free encrypted email with secure cloud services, including an online office suite.
Jami (formerly GNU Ring, SFLphone) positions itself as a potential free Skype replacement
Open Source and cross-platform. Jami gives you a full control over your communications and an unmatched level of privacy.
SIP-compatible softphone and SIP-based instant messenger for Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X and Android.
Communicate in multiple ways: • A telephone: a simple tool to connect, communicate and share. • A teleconferencing tool: easily join calls to create conferences with multiple participants. • A media sharing tool: Jami supports a variety of video input options, including mutliple cameras and image and video files, and the selection of audio inputs and outputs; all this is supported by multiple high quality audio and video codecs. • A messenger: send text messeges during calls or out of calls (as long as your peer is connected). • A building block for your IoT project: re-use the universal communications technology of Jami with its portable library on your system of choice.
Developed and maintained by the Canadian company Savoir-faire Linux, and with the help of a global community of users and contributors.
Watch videos of Jami in actions at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIe47cCt_ovwKb2Nfr4nBlw/videos
Mailvelope is a browser extension that allows to exchange encrypted emails following the OpenPGP encryption standard.
Mailvelope integrates directly into the Webmail user interface, it's elements are unintrusive and easy to use in your normal workflow.
It comes preconfigured for major Webmail provider:
Mailvelope can easily be configured to work with other Webmail providers.
Thunderbird is a free, open source, cross-platform e-mail, news and instant messaging client. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox.
It supports POP (storing mail locally on your hard drive so that it can be accessed without an internet connection), and IMAP. It features excellent mail filter capabilities and management.
Thunderbird has strong support for using multiple accounts and identities, including automated signature features.
Chat functionality is built in, so you can enjoy real-time conversation with your contacts, right from your favorite messaging application, with multiple supported networks. Thunderbird makes it easy to search through both past conversations and received emails.
Thunderbird can also function as an RSS/Atom feed reader, and has a large selection of add-ons that extend it with calendar support, PGP support, integration with online services and much more.
Available also as portable app: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/thunderbird_portable
Thunderbird for Android is known as K-9 Mail
FireChat introduces a new way to chat: "off-the-grid". Now you can chat with people around you – even if there is no Internet connection or mobile phone coverage.
FireChat creates a mesh network using Bluetooth and peer-to-peer WiFi. FireChat transmits messages and pictures offline between devices that are located within 200 feet of one another.
Whether you’re on the beach or in the subway, at a big game or a trade show, camping in the wild or at a concert, or even travelling abroad, simply fire up the app with a friend or two and find out who else is there.
FireChat enables a new type of communication: “firechats”. These live and anonymous discussion groups can gather as many as 10,000 people simultaneously.
You can create your own firechats about anything that interests you - whether it's the NY Yankees, Game of Thrones, League of Legends or Italian food.
Thanks to FireChat’s innovative multi-hop and store-and-forward capabilities, FireChat users form a network that increases in size with the number of devices. It allows messages to hop from one device to the next in order to reach the recipient(s). This is why the more people use FireChat, the better and the larger the network becomes (unlike with cellular networks).
Get FireChat and start bringing people together.
Features: • Instantly chat with anyone around you, • Works even without any Internet connection or mobile phone coverage, • Use the "Nearby" mode for off-the-grid communications, up to 200 feet of your location, • Multihop capabilities extend the range of peer-to-peer communications, • See what people are talking about all over the country in the “Everyone” mode, • Create your own ‘firechats’ for live discussions with up to tens of thousands of simultaneous users • Choose your own unique username and avatar • No significant impact on battery consumption.
erine.email is a strong shield for your emails against spam. Based on unlimited disposable email addresses, erine.email is completely free, open-source, and simple. Really. After the subscription, you'll be the owner of an unlimited number of disposable mail addresses like email@example.com, that you can disable if compromised. A system that you can trust has nothing to hide. erine.email is open-source, and the source code is hosted here, on GitLab. Not only the code. The whole architecture too. That means you can install the solution on your server, and use it with your domain names. All of them with 1 server. Let's say you own the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, and you created the user joe on your erine.email instance. You're about to buy a new vacuum cleaner from brand42 online shop and you have to give them your email address. Communicate them your erine.email address instead! Indeed, emails sent to email@example.com will be redirected automatically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal address is kept private, and you can disable brand42.joe in the future in case brand42 suddenly decides to spam you.
Forget about spam, advertising mailings, hacking and attacking robots. Keep your real mailbox clean and secure. TempMail provides temporary, secure, anonymous, free, disposable email address.
Temporary disposable e-mail service to beat spam. Avoid spam with a free secure e-mail address.
MailDrop is a free throwaway e-mail address. It's temporary. It's transient. It's disposable. It's meant for those times when you don't want to give out your real address. Just give someone any e-mail address in the maildrop.cc domain, come back here, put in the e-mail address, and you can see that inbox.
MailDrop offers the ability to give out a quick e-mail address to any site or app, then after you've established more trust with that site, you can give them your real e-mail address.
MailDrop helps to stop your inbox from getting flooded with spam from that one time you registered on a site which got hacked.
MailDrop can be used to get your receipt for your e-commerce purchase, without signing up to be spammed on a regular basis with "latest offers".
In short, MailDrop can help you cut out the amount of junk in your inbox.
MailDrop has no signups.
MailDrop has no passwords.
MailDrop is designed for no security.
MailDrop is designed for little to no privacy.
Create a free disposable email address! Its really easy to use: Create a new email address on trashmail.net. All mails to this address will be forwarded to your real email address for a number of times you can set up on the following form. When the limit is reached, the Trashmail.net email address will be automatically deleted. All following mails (like spam, newsletter, etc) will be rejected at Trashmail.net. Firefox Addon is available.
Jitsi Desktop (previously SIP Communicator) is a legacy audio/video and chat communicator with full encryption, precedessor of Jitsi Meet .
It supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, ICQ/AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!, GTalk/Hangouts extensions, as well as OTR, ZRTP, etc.
Go ahead, video chat with the whole team. In fact, invite everyone you know. Jitsi Meet is a fully encrypted, 100% open source video conferencing solution that you can use all day, every day, for free — with no account needed.
What else can you do with Jitsi Meet?
- Share your desktop, presentations, and more
- Invite users to a conference via a simple, custom URL
- Edit documents together using Etherpad
- Pick fun meeting URLs for every meeting
- Trade messages and emojis while you video conference, with integrated chat.
Jitsi Meet is packed with premium features. Yep, it’s free — and it’s technologically advanced, too. In fact, Jitsi Meet:
- Sounds better, thanks to HD audio with Opus
- Is anonymous: No need for an account, ever!
- Keeps conversations private with encryption by default (and advanced security settings)
- Is developer-friendly: Modify and customize it to your heart’s content. It’s 100% open source.
Jitsi Meet is the successor of the legacy project Jitsi Desktop
Tutanota is the world's most secure email service, easy to use and private by design. You get fully encrypted calendars and contacts with all our personal and business email accounts. It has open source iOS and an Android apps. The Android app is published on F-Droid (which means the app does not use Google's push notification system) making it a great option if you want to de-Google your life. All data is stored encrypted and can not be searched, i.e. for commercial use. It offers dead easy end-to-end encryption.
Encrypted Calendar Organization is key: Regain control over your busy life with Tutanota's encrypted calendar. The calendar is integrated seamlessly into the secure email client and can be easily accessed on any device. Event notifications are sent end-to-end encrypted to fully protect your privacy.
Contacts: Tutanota allows you to add and manage encrypted contacts, always at hand.
Search: Fast search of encrypted data guarantees privacy.
Mail Storage 1 GB of storage is free for everyone.
Easy - one password for everything Tutanota wants to provide the easiest-to-use and most secure email client. You do not have to fiddle with multiple passwords for signing in and for encryption/decryption. The state-of-the-art encryption technology handles all the encryption and decryption complexities. Still: Your password only belongs to you. It is being hashed and salted locally before being transmitted to the servers.
Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tutanota combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
• One-tap unsubscribe from pushy promos Skip the tiny unsubscribe links at the end of long emails. We organize all your mailing lists in one spot, so it’s easy to unsubscribe from noisy newsletters and promos with a quick tap.
• Organize and navigate your inbox with ease Find what you need fast with inbox filters that sort your emails by attachments, starred, unread, travel, sent to myself and more. Stay organized and clear out the junk by deleting or moving up to 10,000 emails at once from a particular sender or category.
• Quickly spot receipts & package delivery updates See all your receipts organized in one place so you can easily find the one you're looking for. Digging through receipts from months ago can be a hassle, Yahoo mail app makes this process a breeze. Plus, see the status of all your upcoming deliveries at a glance. Top-of-inbox package tracking alerts means you'll never miss a delivery.
• Pull up the best deals from your inbox No more searching through countless promotional emails to find those savings. This view organizes your inbox around your favorite stores and the categories you shop. Now, find all your favorite deals—without the clutter. Organize your shopping life and never go back to hunting for that deal again with Yahoo mail app.
• Keep tabs on your free trials Get reminder message before free trials expire—so you can update your subscription plan or cancel before the subscription trial ends.
• Customize your notifications Choose which notifications you really need and say bye-bye to the ones you don't. You can turn on alerts for emails from people, bills & receipts, deals, travel, reminders or general messages.
• Connect your other accounts Bring your Gmail, AOL, Outlook, MSN, or Hotmail accounts and take advantage of extra features. Set your own swipe actions, change up the sounds or swap in your favorite color. (We like purple)
• Accessibility Making sure our products are accessible is a priority. Yahoo Mail has high contrast themes, dynamic text resizing and VoiceOver screen reader compatibility. Plus, folders at the bottom of the inbox allow assistive technology users to navigate with less effort.
• 1,000GB free storage That's 985 more than some other inboxes, like Outlook, or Gmail; just sayin. Download the app and enjoy a more spacious inbox.
• Yahoo Mail Plus Get ad-free mail, extra organization and privacy features, plus 24/7 tech support across your Android mobile devices.
- Available as an in-app purchase at $1.99/month charged to your Google Play account
- Subscription will auto-renew each month within 24 hours of your renewal date
- Manage or cancel your subscription via Account Settings
Telegram is a messaging app created by former VK creators with a focus on speed and security. It’s superfast, simple and free. It is like SMS, but more powerful.
You can send messages, photos and videos to people who are in your phone contacts (and have Telegram). You can also create groups for up to 200000 people or channels for unlimited subscribers.
Your chats are not encrypted by default, which enables other people to see what you are writing. You can enable a "Secret Chat" to enable end-to-end encryption.
Telegram offers a Premium plan too: by subscribing to Telegram Premium, users unlock doubled limits, 4 GB file uploads, faster downloads, exclusive stickers and reactions, improved chat management – and a whole lot more. At the same time, all existing features that users have come to expect and rely on for nearly a decade remain free. Moreover, non-premium users will be able to enjoy some of Premium's benefits: for example, download the extra-large documents and view stickers sent by premium users, as well as tap to increase counters on premium reactions that were already added to a message. There are different prices for the Premium subscription based on your country, also if you buy it via the @premiumbot you don't have to pay the app store fees.
Telegram's security model has received notable criticism by cryptography experts. They criticized the general security model of permanently storing all contacts, messages and media together with their decryption keys on its servers by default and by not enabling end-to-end encryption for messages by default.
Telegram's client-side code is open-source software, whereas its server-side code is closed-source and proprietary. The service also provides public APIs with which developers can access the same functionality as Telegram's official apps to build their own messaging applications.
Telegram also provides a bot API for programmers to create different kinds of Telegram bots. Bots are simply Telegram accounts operated by software – not people – and they'll often have AI features. They can do anything – teach, play, search, broadcast, remind, connect, integrate with other services, or even pass commands to the Internet of Things.
Facebook Messenger is a faster way to message. Reach friends right on their phones, get and send messages fast, message everyone at once and more.
Top Features: • Message friends, groups of friends or anyone in your mobile contacts • Map your location, find your friends and make plans on the go • Get mobile notifications so you never miss a message • Include photos so friends can see what you're doing