Picocrypt is a very small (hence Pico), very simple, yet very secure encryption tool that you can use to protect your files. It's designed to be the go-to tool for encryption, with a focus on security, simplicity, and reliability. Picocrypt uses the secure XChaCha20 cipher and the Argon2id key derivation function to provide a high level of security, even from three-letter agencies like the NSA. It's designed for maximal security, making absolutely no compromises security-wise, and is built with Go's standard x/crypto modules. Your privacy and security is under attack. Take it back with confidence by protecting your files with Picocrypt.
It's fast, secure and Serverless, the app never uploads the files to the server.
in a small amount of code the app can encrypt any type of files at any size within seconds.
To use the app all you have to do is Browse a file, Type a Decryption Key or Generate one through our secure key generator. and your encrypted file is ready to download.
FinalCrypt uses the most unbreakable encryption: "One Time Pad" Encryption and has a well designed graphical user interface and an equally advanced command line interface for large automations.
Reasons for choosing FinalCrypt:
- Most people choose Disk-Encryption as it's easier to unlock a whole drive, but Big-Brother or Malware can then also read all your files. Only use File-Encryption!
- Most software uses recently broken AES encryption: https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3012648/aes-256-encryption-keys-cracked-by-hands-off-hack
- Soon The Shor's algorithm will instantly break all assymmetric encryption with Quantum Computers.
- FinalCrypt uses (Symmetric) One Time Pad Encryption, which is the most unbreakable encryption there is.
- FinalCrypt is the only "One Time Pad", OpenSource, Cross-Platform, (Bulk) File Encryption Software available.
CryptSync is a small utility that synchronizes two folders while encrypting the contents in one folder. That means one of the two folders has all files unencrypted (the files you work with) and the other folder has all the files encrypted.
The synchronization works both ways: a change in one folder gets synchronized to the other folder. If a file is added or modified in the unencrypted folder, it gets encrypted. If a file is added or modified in the encrypted folder, it gets decrypted to the other folder.
AES Crypt is an advanced file encryption utility that integrates with the Windows shell or runs from the Linux command prompt to provide a simple, yet powerful, tool for encrypting files using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). A Java library is also available for developers using Java to read and write AES formatted files.
NOTE: Crypt4All is the first Android program compatible with AES Crypt.
VeraCrypt is a free and libre source (open source) disk encryption software brought to you by https://www.idrix.fr
• Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk. • Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive. • Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication). • Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent. • Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted. • Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors. • Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system. • Multilingual. More than 35 languages. List at https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/code/ci/master/tree/Translations • More information about the features of VeraCrypt may be found in this documentation at https://veracrypt.fr/en/Documentation.html
VeraCrypt is based on TrueCrypt 7.1a at TrueCrypt . In comparison to TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption, making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks.
For example, when the system partition is encrypted, TrueCrypt uses PBKDF2-RIPEMD160 with 1000 iterations whereas in VeraCrypt we use 327670. And for standard containers and other partitions, TrueCrypt uses at most 2000 iterations but VeraCrypt uses 655340 for RIPEMD160 and 500000 iterations for SHA-2 and Whirlpool.
VeraCrypt is licensed with both Apache 2.0 and TrueCrypt 3.0 licenses. Per https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/code/ci/master/tree/License.txt#l24
Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access. Cryptomator is free and open source software, so you can rest assured there are no backdoors.
Easy and Reliable
We understand simplicity as a key aspect of security. With Cryptomator you don't have to deal with accounts, key management, cloud access grants or cipher configurations. Just choose a password and you're ready to go.
You don't even need to specify what cloud you use. Cryptomator encrypts files and doesn't care where you store them. This makes it a lightweight application, which we believe is a huge benefit for reliability. Complexity would kill security.
Cryptomator is a so-called transparent encryption utility. This means that you don't have to learn new workflows. Just work with your files as you're used to.
Secure and Trustworthy
Cryptomator encrypts file contents and names using AES. Your passphrase is protected against bruteforcing attempts using scrypt. Directory structures and file sizes get obfuscated. The only thing which cannot be encrypted without breaking your cloud synchronization is the modification date of your files.
Cryptomator's desktop app is a free and open source software licensed under the MIT / X Consortium License. This allows anyone to check our code. It is impossible to introduce backdoors for third parties. Also we cannot hide vulnerabilities. And the best thing is: There is no need to trust us, as you can control us!
Vendor lock-ins are impossible. Even if we decided to stop development: The desktop source code is already cloned by hundreds of other developers. As you don't need an account, you will never stand in front of locked doors.