An efficient blocker add-on for various browsers. Fast, potent, and lean.
uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, Online Malicious URL Blocklist, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
HTTPS Everywhere is a browser extension produced as a collaboration between The Tor Project and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. It encrypts your communications with a number of major websites.
Many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site.
The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by rewriting all requests to these sites to HTTPS.
HTTPS Everywhere can protect you only when you're using sites that support HTTPS and for which HTTPS Everywhere includes rules.
Privacy Badger is a browser-add on tool that analyzes sites to detect and disallow content that tracks you in an objectionable, non-consensual manner. When you visit websites, your copy of Privacy Badger keeps note of the "third party" domains that embed images, scripts and advertising in the pages you visit. If a third party server appears to be tracking you without permission, by using uniquely identifying cookies to collect a record of the pages you visit across multiple sites, Privacy Badger will automatically disallow content from that third party tracker. In some cases a third-party domain provides some important aspect of a page's functionality, such as embedded maps, images, or fonts. In those cases Privacy Badger will allow connections to the third party but will screen out its tracking cookies.
Control your cookies! This extension is inspired by Self-Destructing Cookies. When a tab closes, any cookies not being used are automatically deleted. Prevent tracking by other cookies and add only the ones you trust. Easily import and export your cookie whitelist.
Main features • Auto deletes cookies from closed tabs • Whitelist support for sites you want to keep cookies • Export or import your white list of cookies expressions/rules • Internationalization (i18n) • Available for both Chromium/Chrome and Firefox/Tor Browser • Open source. MIT License.
VeraCrypt is a free and libre source (open source) disk encryption software brought to you by https://www.idrix.fr
• Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk. • Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive. • Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication). • Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent. • Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted. • Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors. • Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system. • Multilingual. More than 35 languages. List at https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/code/ci/master/tree/Translations • More information about the features of VeraCrypt may be found in this documentation at https://veracrypt.fr/en/Documentation.html
VeraCrypt is based on TrueCrypt 7.1a at TrueCrypt . In comparison to TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt adds enhanced security to the algorithms used for system and partitions encryption, making it immune to new developments in brute-force attacks.
For example, when the system partition is encrypted, TrueCrypt uses PBKDF2-RIPEMD160 with 1000 iterations whereas in VeraCrypt we use 327670. And for standard containers and other partitions, TrueCrypt uses at most 2000 iterations but VeraCrypt uses 655340 for RIPEMD160 and 500000 iterations for SHA-2 and Whirlpool.
VeraCrypt is licensed with both Apache 2.0 and TrueCrypt 3.0 licenses. Per https://sourceforge.net/p/veracrypt/code/ci/master/tree/License.txt#l24
KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
With more than ten years of experience, NordVPN is a leading VPN provider. NordVPN gives you military-grade protection online, and you can access all your favorite sites without restriction. We never log your activity when using our servers, which are operated under the jurisdiction of Panama, where there are no mandatory data retention laws. So you can always trust your privacy to us.
-Double Data Encryption NordVPN's Double VPN technology encrypts data not once, but twice. It’s the tightest security in the industry, and it’s only available on NordVPN.
-Superfast Servers Everywhere Join the NordVPN network of 43+ worldwide server locations in 25 different countries. We cover every continent except Antarctica. But only because penguins just don’t get the Internet.
-Lightning Speed You know how the world looks when you’re riding in an F1 racer? Yeah, neither do we. But we bet it’s a lot like video streaming and browsing with NordVPN.
-Easiest VPN Ever To get on NordVPN, just click and go. NordVPN’s secure VPN software takes care of all the hard stuff so you can focus on fun stuff. And work stuff, if you have to.
-Strict No Logs Policy + Tor Over VPN NordVPN never logs where you go on the Internet. If anyone asks, the best we can do is shrug our shoulders. And we like it that way.
-Automatic Kill Switch If your VPN connection drops out, our kill switch technology instantly shuts down any site or software you specify in advance. No worries about accidental exposure of sensitive data.
-P2P Welcome Here Some providers throttle P2P traffic. We don’t. So you can download and upload to your heart’s content, at consistently blazing speeds.
-Friendly, Helpful Service Got a question? Our friendly, smart, and somewhat nerdy support agents have answers. And they’re available 24/7 to help.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly with your relatives without making a compromise on privacy or security. Make video calls, send messages, pictures, videos, documents, voice recordings, GIFs, contacts & location, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once and react to their messages with emojis -all with complete privacy-. Signal servers never have access to any of your communications and never store any of your data.
- Say Anything - Share text, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs and files for free. Signal uses your phone's data connection so you can avoid SMS (No longer supports SMS or MMS) and MMS fees.
- Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
- Make Privacy Stick - Add a new layer of expression to your conversations with encrypted stickers. You can also create and share your own sticker packs.
- Get Together with Groups - Group chats make it easy to stay connected to your family, friends, and coworkers.
- No ads. No trackers. No kidding. - There are no ads, no affiliate marketers, and no creepy tracking in Signal. So focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
- Remain Connected - Push notifications let you know when new messages have arrived, and they'll be waiting for you even if your battery dies or you temporarily lose service.
- View Source - All of our code is free, open, and available on GitHub (https://github.com/signalapp).
- Join Movements - Technology developed by Open Whisper Systems is trusted and used by millions of people around the world every day.
DuckDuckGo is an alternative search engine that has rich features, respects your privacy, and is built from free/open-source software.
• Zero-click Info - Useful information above the links. • More Privacy - We do not track you. • Goodies - Instant answers, !bangs & settings. • Less Spam - We remove sites with just ads.
MEGA, the successor of MegaUpload , is a cloud storage and file hosting service produced by Mega Limited. This cloud-storage solution claims to protect your privacy with end-to-end encryption and offers a "Secure Collaboration" feature.
You should have full control over your data. We help you achieve that: a safe home for all your data. Secure, under your control and developed in an open, transparent and trustworthy way. We are Nextcloud.
Nextcloud offers industry-leading on-premises file sync and online collaboration technology. Our expertise is in combining the convenience and ease of use of consumer-grade solutions like Dropbox and Google Drive with the security, privacy and control business needs.
Our self-hosted solutions ensure you know where data is, who has access, and that even meta-data does not leak.
We create three products, integrated and acting as one:
Nextcloud Files offers an on-premise Universal File Access and sync platform with powerful collaboration capabilities and desktop, mobile and web interfaces.
Nextcloud Talk delivers on-premises, private audio/video conferencing and text chat through browser and mobile interfaces with integrated screen sharing and SIP integration.
Nextcloud Groupware integrates Calendar, Contacts, Mail and other productivity features to help teams get their work done faster and easier.
Our products integrate powerful capabilities to control and monitor data exchange and communication, including our unique File Access Control and workflow features, extensive audit logs, fine-grained sharing controls and more.
Security is Nextcloud users' greatest concerns and our prime advantage over competitors. Nextcloud features a host of unique, innovative security technologies from brute force protection to advanced server side and integrated end-to-end, client side encryption with enterprise-grade key handling and a wide range of security hardenings. Our security has been reviewed by trusted third parties and is backed by a USD 5000 Security Bug Bounty Program, providing the confidence that data meant to stay private will stay private.