With Listary you’ll never have to go through the tedious process of browsing through folders, looking for the right file names and hunting through Windows’ limited menus ever again.
Listary puts smart search technology at your fingertips so you can keep working without dealing with cumbersome native Windows navigation.
With a lightweight interface that doesn’t bog your system down and strain system resources, Listary puts Windows Explorer on steroids.
For power users, Listary integrates with your favorite tools such as Total Commander, Directory Opus, XYplorer, Xplorer2, WinRAR, FileZilla and many more!
With just a few clicks you can quickly and easily:
- Search the entire disk drive from any window or folder
- Quickly find any file you need with a few short key strokes
- Instantly find & launch programs with a quick keyboard command
- Copy or move files to any folder from any folder with easy context menu commands
- Open a file with a specific program from anywhere
- Instantly jump from file manager to a target folder with a simple key command
- Create a Favorites list of commonly used files and apps for fast access
- Right-Click any search result for a robust Action+Context menu
- Quickly browse your recent app and file history to continue working where you left off
- Search the web with Listary’s keyword query engine
Keypirinha is a fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows.
- Quickly find and launch plethora of items like applications, files, bookmarks, URLs, sessions (PuTTY, WinSCP, FileZilla), registry keys, ...
- Launch a search on any configured website or online dictionary
- Language translations on-the-fly
- Evaluate mathematical expressions
- Convert numbers
- Base conversion of numbers
- Launch a copied URL directly (http, mailto, skype, ...)
- Split a URL and convert its arguments to JSON
- Switch to a running application by name
- Hash a string (CRC32, MD5, SHA, ...)
- Generate random UUIDs, passwords, bytes sequences
- Naturally associate a keyword to a specific item
- Machine-specific and/or user-specific configuration
- Freeware, no nag screen, no time limit, no ads
- Customizable GUI (colors, fonts, toggling and positioning of elements)
- Lightning fast
- Fairly small memory footprint
- Battery friendly
- File-driven configuration
- Steep but rewarding learning curve
- Written in C++, exposes a Python3 API for its plugins
You can think of |project| as an alternative to Launchy and a cousin of Alfred
The Hydrus network client is a desktop application written for Anonymous and other internet-fluent media nerds who have large image/swf collections. It organises your files into an internal database and browses them with tags instead of folders, a little like a *booru on your desktop. Tags and files can be anonymously shared through custom servers that any user may run. Everything is free, and the source code is included with the release. It is developed mostly for Windows, but fairly functional builds for Linux and OS X are available.
The software is constantly being improved. I try to put out a new release every Wednesday by 8pm Eastern.
Currently importable filetypes are: images - jpg, gif (including animated), png (including animated!), tiff, webp, bmp video - webm, mp4, mpeg, avi, mov, mkv, flv, wmv audio - mp3, flac, ogg, wma misc - swf, pdf, psd, zip, rar, 7z
Audio is not well supported yet, but for anything that doesn't work, you can easily launch any file in your default program from inside the client.
The program's emphasis is on your freedom. There is no DRM, no phoning home, no censorship.
If you would like to try the program, I highly recommend you check out the help. A copy is included with the release as well.
When you need to organize files, DropIt can eliminate much of the drudgery of searching and manually opening folders and moving files around.
You can configure DropIt to perform 17 different actions on your files and folders, filtering files by name, directory, size, date, properties, content or regular expressions. You can even save sets of associations in profiles and associate a profile to each desired folder, to scan monitored folders at a defined time interval.
Drop a group of different files and folders on the floating DropIt image and it sorts them to defined destination folders, compresses or extracts them, opens them with associated programs or performs other defined actions.
With fre:ac you easily rip your audio CDs to FLAC or MP3 files for use with your mobile player or convert files that do not play with other audio software. You can even convert whole music libraries retaining the folder and filename structure.
The integrated CD ripper supports the freedb online CD database. It will automatically query song information and write it to ID3v2 or other title information tags.
Portable version: https://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/freac_portable
File Converter is a very simple tool which allows you to convert and compress one or several file(s) using the context menu in Windows Explorer.
It supports a lot of different file formats:
Audio From: 3gp, aiff, ape, avi, bik, cda, flac, flv, m4a, mkv, mov, mp3, mp4, oga, ogg, wav, webm, wma, wmv To: flac, aac, ogg, mp3, wav
Video: From: 3gp, avi, bik, flv, gif, m4v, mkv, mp4, mpeg, mov, ogv, webm, wmv To: webm, mkv, mp4, avi, gif
Image & Document: From: bmp, exr, ico, jpg, jpeg, png, psd, svg, tiff, tga, pdf To: png, jpg, ico, gif
Document: From: bmp, exr, ico, jpg, jpeg, png, psd, svg, tiff, tga To: pdf
PeaZip is free file archiver utility, based on Open Source technologies of 7-Zip, p7zip, FreeArc, PAQ, and PEA projects, for Linux, macOS and Windows.
Cross-platform, full-featured but user-friendly alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar general purpose archive manager applications, open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP, ZIPX...
PeaZip is released under Open Source LGPLv3 license, free for any use (private and professional), all PeaZip packages are secure downloads and do not contain advertising or harmful software. Moreover portable packages does not need installation: simply extract and use the application.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving, and a complete, powerful file manager for viewing, browsing and searching archive files, featuring a wide set of data security functions: strong encryption (AES, Twofish, Serpent), encrypted password manager, optional two-factor authentication (encryption with password and keyfile), secure delete, and file hashing tools.
Written in Lazarus
Open Shell is a fork of Originally Classic Shell by Ivo Beltchev.
Flexible start menu that can mimic the menu behavior of Windows 2000, XP and Windows 7 and compatible with all recent versions of Windows 10 and previous versions of Windows.
Advanced features: •Choose between “Classic” and “Windows 7” styles. •Drag and drop to let you organize your applications. •Options to show Favorites, expand Control Panel, etc. •Shows recently used documents. The number of documents to display is customizable. •Translated in 35 languages, including Right-to-left support for Arabic and Hebrew. •Does not disable the original start menu in Windows. You can access it by Shift+Click on the start button. •Right-click on an item in the menu to delete, rename, sort, or perform other tasks. •The search box helps you find your programs and files without getting in the way of your keyboard shortcuts. •Supports jumplists for easy access to recent documents and common tasks. •Available for 32 and 64-bit operating systems. •Has support for skins, including additional 3rd party skins. Make your own! •Fully customizable in both looks and functionality. •Support for Microsoft’s Active Accessibility. •Converts the “All Programs” button in the Windows menu into a cascading menu. •Implements a customizable start button. •Can show, search and launch Windows Store apps (Windows 8).
QTTabBar is an extension for Windows Explorer that brings tabbed browsing to Microsoft's file browser. It comes with a number of nifty features including a favorites function for launching folders and applications, groupings of folders that can be opened together, tooltip preview functions for a number of file types, and others. It is also highly customizable and hotkey-enabled.
QTTabBar was written by a Japanese developer known as “Quizo” (hence the name QTTabBar) but because of lack of time, he gave the project over to Paul Accisano. Actually "Quizo" was resumed development. Open source branch of QTTabBar: http://qttabbar.sourceforge.net/
Total Commander is a shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows. Some features include a built-in FTP client, file compare, archive file navigation, and a multi-rename tool with regular expression support.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
Double Commander is a cross-platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax highlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in the background
- Extended search function with full-text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX, and WLX plug-ins support
Written in Lazarus
A free utility designed to copy files faster and more secure. It can verify copied files to ensure they are identical. It skips bad files during copy, not terminating the entire transfer. Seamless integration with Windows Explorer.
The paid version of the program (TeraCopy Pro) includes the following features:
Copy/move to your favorite folders. Save reports as HTML and CSV files. Select files with the same extension/folder. Remove the selected files from the copy queue. More features coming soon!
Ditto is an extension to the standard Windows clipboard. It saves each item placed on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto allows you to save any type of information that can be put on the clipboard, text, images, html, custom formats. 17 translations available.
Don't be confused with Ditto! (iOS messenger).
- Easy to use interface
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Accessed from tray icon or global hot key
- Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
- Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
- Display thumbnail of copied images in list
- Full Unicode support (display foreign characters)
- UTF-8 support for language files (create language files in any language)
- Uses sqlite database (www.sqlite.org)
Clipboard manager with searchable and editable history.
It's possible to save plain text, images, HTML and other formats, use plugins, filter out content by text, data format or window from which it is copied, use multiple tabs, control application using command-line interface and scripting, assign system-wide shortcuts, paste item into application just by selecting it in tray menu and more.
WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool, inspired by KDirStat .
You can also examine Network Drives very fast.
Language for application AND help files can be set to Czech, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, German, English, Spanish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Polish and Russian.
WizTree scans your entire hard drive and shows you which files and folders are using the most disk space. It does this VERY QUICKLY. In fact, we believe WizTree to be the fastest application of this type currently available! Use the information WizTree provides to quickly locate and remove "space hogs" from your hard drive.
- Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive
- Work VERY Fast! We think it's the fastest application of this type in the world!
- Finds the top 1000 largest files on your hard drive
- Sort the contents of your entire hard drive by folder size and optionally delete files and folders
How does it work? WizTree reads the hard drive's Master File Table (MFT) directly from the disk. The MFT is a special hidden file used by the NTFS file system to keep track of all files and folders on a hard drive. It's very fast because scanning for files this way completely bypasses the operating system (Windows).
Why are some of my drives not selectable? WizTree obtains information by directly scanning the the MFT file, so it can only work with local (directly attached) drives formatted with the NTFS file system. It won't work with network drives, substituted drives or non NTFS formatted drives. We may add support for other drive types in the future if there's enough demand.
The Open Hardware Monitor is a free open source software that monitors temperature sensors, fan speeds, voltages, load and clock speeds of a computer.
The Open Hardware Monitor supports most hardware monitoring chips found on today's mainboards. The CPU temperature can be monitored by reading the core temperature sensors of Intel and AMD processors. The sensors of AMD and Nvidia video cards as well as SMART hard drive temperature can be displayed. The monitored values can be displayed in the main window, in a customizable desktop gadget, or in the system tray. The free Open Hardware Monitor software runs on 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and any x86 based Linux operating systems without installation.
Process Hacker is a feature-packed tool for manipulating processes and services on your computer. A free and open source process viewer with powerful process termination and memory searching/editing capabilities.
Key features of Process Hacker:
• A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer. • Detailed system statistics with graphs. • Advanced features not found in other programs, such as detaching from debuggers, viewing GDI handles, viewing heaps, injecting and unloading DLLs, and more. • Powerful process termination that bypasses security software and rootkits. • View, edit and control services, including those not shown by the Services console. • View and close network connections. • Starts up almost instantly, unlike other programs.
Process Explorer shows you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded. The display consists of two sub-windows. The top always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts, whereas the information displayed in the bottom window depends on the mode that it is in. The unique capabilities make it useful for tracking down DLL-version problems or handle leaks, and provide insight into the way Windows and applications work.
Snappy Driver Installer Origin is a portable Windows tool to install and update device drivers. It can be used offline to install drivers where Internet isn't available. No more searching for drivers after a clean install, just let Snappy Driver Installer Origin do it's thing and your job will be done in no time. The perfect technician's tool.
State of the art driver matching algorithm. Portable, run it from a USB flash drive, no installation necessary. Built in application and driver pack updates. Can be fully automated using the built in scripting engine. Multilingual interface. Built-in and custom themes. Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Snappy Driver Installer Origin remains a free, open source project. Free means it costs you nothing to download and use. Free means it is free of adware, malware, backdoors, unwanted third party software or other dodgy stuff.
Simple tool to configure Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) which can configure network activity on your computer.
The lightweight application is less than a megabyte, and it is compatible with Windows Vista and higher operating systems. You can download either the installer or portable version. For correct working, need administrator rights.
- Simple interface without annoying pop ups.
- Rules editor (create your own rules).
- Internal blocklist rules (block Windows spy / telemetry).
- Dropped packets information with notification and logging to a file feature (win7+).
- Allowed packets information with logging to a file feature (win8+).
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) support (win10).
- Windows Store support (win8+).
- Windows services support.
- Free and open source.
- Localization support.
- IPv6 support.
Autoruns shows you what programs are configured to run during system bootup or login, and shows you the entries in the order Windows processes them. These programs include ones in your startup folder, Run, RunOnce, and other Registry keys. A "show non-Microsoft only" option helps you to zoom in on third-party auto-starting images that have been added to your system. You'll probably be surprised at how many executables are launched automatically. Language only english.
It is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake. Integrates into Explorer menu. At the moment LockHunter is in beta stage. So use it with care!
- Shows processes locking a file or folder.
- Gives you detailed information on the process.
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file.
- Can delete a file at next OS restart.
- Allows to kill locking process.
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive.
- Can unload DLLs from processes.
- Integrates in to Explorer menu.
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
Bulk Crap Uninstaller (in short BCUninstaller or BCU) is a free (as in speech and beer) bulk program uninstaller with advanced automation. It excels at removing large amounts of applications with minimal to no user input, while requiring next to no technical knowledge.
It can detect most applications and games (even portable or not registered), clean up leftovers, force uninstall, automatically uninstall according to premade lists, and much more.
Features: Detect, manage and quietly uninstall Hidden/protected registered applications Applications with damaged or missing uninstallers Portable applications (might have to point BCU where to look) Chocolatey packages Oculus games/apps Steam games/apps Windows Features Windows Store apps (Universal Windows Platform apps) Windows Updates Fast, automatic uninstall Uninstall any number of applications in a single batch Minimal to no user input is required during uninstallation Uninstall multiple items at once to speed up the process (with collision prevention) Console interface can automatically uninstall applications based on conditions with no user input Quietly uninstall many uninstallers that don’t support silent uninstallation Uninstall applications even if they don’t have any uninstallers Uninstall applications by window, shortcut or directory Can handle crashing and hanging uninstallers
Other features Find and remove leftovers after uninstallation Clean Program Files directories from unused or empty folders Manually uninstall any application, bypasing it’s uninstaller (Force uninstall) Startup manager Application ratings Huge amount of data about applications is collected and displayed. User can freely browse, filter and export everything Filtering with common presets or based on fully custom rules with Regex support Verification of uninstaller certificates Large amount of configurability Can run user-specified commands before and after uninstalling Fully portable, settings are saved to a single file
BleachBit deletes unnecessary files to free valuable disk space, maintain privacy, and remove junk.
Rid your system of old clutter including cache, cookies, Internet history, localizations, logs, temporary files, and broken shortcuts.
Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean Adobe Acrobat Reader, APT, Bash, Beagle, Chromium, Epiphany, Mozilla Firefox, Flash, GIMP, Google Chrome, Google Earth, Internet Explorer, Java, KDE, OpenOffice.org, Opera, RealPlayer, Safari, Second Life viewer, Skype, VIM, XChat, Yum, and more.
BleachBit has never bundled any junk like browser toolbars.
Duplicati is a backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on local storage, cloud storage services and remote file servers. The Duplicati project was inspired by Duplicity and had similar functionality until 2008. In that year the storage model was redesigned completely and the program was rebuilt from scratch. This manual describes Duplicati 2, the version based on the new storage model.
Duplicati works with standard protocols like FTP, SSH, WebDAV as well as popular services like Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive & S3, Google Drive, box.com, Mega, hubiC and many others.
Duplicati is free software and open source. You can use Duplicati for free even for commercial purposes. Source code is licensed under LGPL. Duplicati runs under Windows, Linux, MacOS. It requires .NET 4.5 or Mono.
Duplicati was designed for online backups from scratch. It is not only data efficient but also handles network issues nicely. E.g. interrupted backups can be resumed and Duplicati tests the content of backups regularly. That way broken backups on corrupt storage systems can be detected before it’s too late.
Backup files and folders with strong AES-256 encryption. Save space with incremental backups and data deduplication. Run backups on any machine through the web-based interface or via command line interface. Duplicati has a built-in scheduler and auto-updater.
Duplicati uses strong AES-256 encryption to protect your privacy. You can also use GPG to encrypt your backup.
Duplicati is configured by a web interface that runs in any browser (even mobile) and can be accessed - if you like - from anywhere. This also allows to run Duplicati on headless machines like a NAS (network attached storage).
FreeFileSync is a folder comparison and synchronization software that creates and manages backup copies of all your important files. Instead of copying every file every time, FreeFileSync determines the differences between a source and a target folder and transfers only the minimum amount of data needed. FreeFileSync is free on Windows, Linux and macOS and has an Open Source version for Linux.
Donation version available with these extra features:
- Parallel file copy
- Auto-updater (Windows)
- Portable version (ZIP)
- Silent installation
Donation amounts are calculated accordingly, e.g. a €20 donation corresponds to one year of updates, a €100 donation to 5 years of updates, etc. See: https://freefilesync.org/faq.php#donation-edition
Rescuezilla is a free, easy-to-use hard drive disk cloning and imaging application that boots as a live USB. Rescuezilla is fully interoperable with Clonezilla . This means that backups created by Clonezilla can be restored with Rescuezilla, and vice versa.
Rescuezilla can mount and explore backup images to extract individual files. Rescuezilla is an extremely easy-to-use graphical environment for system rescue, including full system backup, bare metal recovery, partition editing, undeleting files, web browsing, and more.
Rescuezilla was forked from Redo Backup and Recovery in 2019 after a long period of inactivity since 2012. In 2020 the original project was resumed with the shorter name Redo Rescue .
Rescuezilla can be booted on any PC or Mac from a USB stick, or CD, and uses the exact same reliable, battle-tested image format Clonezilla uses.
Easy graphical user interface boots from USB in seconds No installation needed; runs from a USB stick or a CD-ROM Saves and restores Windows, Mac and Linux machines Fully interoperable with Clonezilla, the industry-standard trusted by tens of millions Also supports virtual machine images: VirtualBox (VDI), VMWare (VMDK), Hyper-V (VHDx), Qemu (QCOW2), raw (.dd, .img) and many more Access your files even if you can't log in Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files Internet access with a full-featured browser to download drivers
Ninite is the easiest way to install software. Pick the apps you want, and the Ninite installer will download and install all of your selected apps at once, automatically. It is 100% hands-free; Ninite automatically rejects browser toolbars and other prepackaged junk.
International: Ninite installs apps in your PCs language.
32 or 64-bit: Ninite installs the best version of an app for your PC.
SpeedCrunch is a free, fast, high precision open source algebraic calculator with an intuitive interface and a extensive list of features, including: Unlimited Variables, Syntax Highlighting, Functions, with 'Automagic' Completion, 50 Decimal Precision, Input History and more...
Windows console emulator with tabs, which presents multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable GUI window with various features.
Initially, the program was created as a companion to Far Manager .
Today, ConEmu can be used with any other console application or simple GUI tools (like PuTTY for example). ConEmu is an active project, open to suggestions.
ConEmu starts a console program in hidden console window and provides an alternative customizable GUI window with various features:
- smooth and friendly window resizing;
- tabs for editors, viewers, panels and consoles;
- run simple GUI apps in tabs;
- Windows 7 Jump Lists and Progress on Taskbar buttons;
- easily run old DOS applications (games) in Windows 7 or 64-bit OS;
- thumbnails and tiles in Far Manager;
- normal, maximized and full screen graphical window modes;
- customizable window fonts;
- using 24-bit colors in Far Manager 3.x;
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 colors;
- cursor: standard console (horizontal) or GUI (vertical);
- optional per-application settings (e.g. palette);
- vertical console buffer scrolling using the keyboard (BufferHeight mode);
- show full output (1K+ lines) of last command in Far Manager's editor/viewer;
- customizable Far Manager right click behaviour (long click opens context menu);
- drag and drop (explorer style) of files and folders in Far Manager;
- limited support of BDF fonts;
- user friendly text and block selection;
- transparency and desktop mode;
- customizable starting tabs;
- configurable and clickable status bar;
All settings are read from the registry (multiple named configurations are supported), after which the command line parameters are applied. Parameters /Config and /BufferHeight can only be specified on the command line. Most settings are configured using the Settings dialog, not from the command line.
Meld is a visual diff and merge tool. You can compare two or three files and edit them in place (diffs update dynamically). You can compare two or three folders and launch file comparisons. You can browse and view a working copy from popular version control systems such such as CVS, Subversion, Bazaar-ng and Mercurial. Written with Python and GTK.
Requirements: Python 2.6 GTK+/pygtk 2.14 GLib/pygobject 2.16 GtkSourceView/pygtksourceview 2.10 (optional)
Note: There are ports to Mac but the app doesn't "officially" run on Mac.
Redshift adjusts the color temperature according to the position of the sun. A different color temperature is set during night and daytime.
During twilight and early morning, the color temperature transitions smoothly from night to daytime temperature to allow your eyes to slowly adapt. At night the color temperature should be set to match the lamps in your room. This is typically a low temperature at around 3000K-4000K. During the day, the color temperature should match the light from outside, typically around 5500K-6500K. The light has a higher temperature on an overcast day.