Installed on my Linux laptop
Specs: Model: Lenovo Yoga C930 Type: 2-in-1 Laptop CPU: Intel i7-8550U RAM: 16GB Storage: 1TB OS: EndeavourOS Sway
yt-dlp is a youtube-dl fork based on the now inactive youtube-dlc. The main focus of this project is adding new features and patches while also keeping up to date with the original project.
The major new features from the latest release are:
SponSkrub Integration: You can use SponSkrub to mark/remove sponsor sections in YouTube videos by utilizing the SponsorBlock API
Format Sorting: The default format sorting options have been changed so that higher resolution and better codecs will be now preferred instead of simply using larger bitrate. Furthermore, you can now specify the sort order using -S. This allows for much easier format selection than what is possible by simply using --format (examples)
Merged with youtube-dl commit/379f52a: (v2021.06.06) You get all the latest features and patches of youtube-dl in addition to all the features of youtube-dlc
Merged with animelover1984/youtube-dl: You get most of the features and improvements from animelover1984/youtube-dl including --write-comments, BiliBiliSearch, BilibiliChannel, Embedding thumbnail in mp4/ogg/opus, playlist infojson etc. Note that the NicoNico improvements are not available. See #31 for details.
- All Feeds (:ytfav, :ytwatchlater, :ytsubs, :ythistory, :ytrec) and private playlists supports downloading multiple pages of content
- Search (ytsearch:, ytsearchdate:), search URLs and in-channel search works
- Mixes supports downloading multiple pages of content
- Most (but not all) age-gated content can be downloaded without cookies
- Partial workaround for throttling issue
- Redirect channel's home URL automatically to /video to preserve the old behaviour
- 255kbps audio is extracted from YouTube music if premium cookies are given
- YouTube music Albums, channels etc. can be downloaded
The virt-manager application is a desktop user interface for managing virtual machines through libvirt. It primarily targets KVM VMs, but also manages Xen and LXC (linux containers). It presents a summary view of running domains, their live performance & resource utilization statistics. Wizards enable the creation of new domains, and configuration & adjustment of a domain’s resource allocation & virtual hardware. An embedded VNC and SPICE client viewer presents a full graphical console to the guest domain.
The xterm program is a terminal emulator for the X Window System. It provides DEC VT102 and Tektronix 4014 compatible terminals for programs that can't use the window system directly.
Take GitHub to the command line. Create pull requests and issues without leaving the command line. See the status of open issues and pull requests, and see what’s waiting for review. Filter issues and pull requests, and open them in your browser.
Zsh is a UNIX command interpreter (shell) which of the standard shells most resembles the Korn shell (ksh); its compatibility with the 1988 Korn shell has been gradually increasing. It includes enhancements of many types, notably in the command-line editor, options for customising its behaviour, filename globbing, features to make C-shell (csh) users feel more at home and extra features drawn from tcsh (another `custom' shell).
Command-line copy/paste utilities for Wayland.
This project implements two command-line Wayland clipboard utilities, wl-copy and wl-paste, that let you easily copy data between the clipboard and Unix pipes, sockets, files and so on.
Although wl-copy and wl-paste are particularly optimized for plain text and other textual content formats, they fully support content of arbitrary MIME types. wl-copy automatically infers the type of the copied content by running xdg-mime(1) on it. wl-paste tries its best to pick a type to paste based on the list of offered MIME types and the extension of the file it's pasting into. If you're not satisfied with the type they pick or don't want to rely on this implicit type inference, you can explicitly specify the type to use with the --type option.
wl-clipboard supports Linux and BSD systems, and is also known to work on Mac OS X and GNU Hurd. The only mandatory dependency is the wayland-client library (try package named wayland-devel or libwayland-dev).
wl-clipboard is free software, available under the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
A disk usage analyzer with an ncurses interface, aimed to be run on a remote server where you don't have an entire graphical setup, but have to do with a simple SSH connection. ncdu aims to be fast, simple and easy to use, and should be able to run in any minimal POSIX-like environment with ncurses installed.
htop is an interactive process viewer for Linux. It is a text-mode application (for console or X terminals) and requires ncurses. htop is an interactive top replacement that runs in the terminal. The available columns are: PID, STATE, PPID, PGRP, SESSION, TTY_NR, TPGID, MINFLT, CMINFLT, MAJFLT, CMAJFLT, UTIME, STIME, CUTIME, CSTIME, PRIORITY, NICE, STARTTIME, PROCESSOR, M_SIZE, M_RESIDENT, M_SHARE, M_TRS, M_DRS, M_LRS, M_DT, ST_UID, PERCENT_CPU, PERCENT_MEM, USER, TIME, NLWP, TGID, CTID, VPID, VXID, RCHAR, WCHAR, SYSCR, SYSCW, RBYTES, WBYTES, CNCLWB, IO_READ_RATE, IO_WRITE_RATE, IO_RATE, CGROUP, OOM, IO_PRIORITY
Comparison between htop and top
- In 'htop' you can scroll the list vertically and horizontally to see all processes and complete command lines.
- In 'top' you are subject to a delay for each unassigned key you press (especially annoying when multi-key escape sequences are triggered by accident).
- 'htop' starts faster ('top' seems to collect data for a while before displaying anything).
- In 'htop' you don't need to type the process number to kill a process, in 'top' you do.
- In 'htop' you don't need to type the process number or the priority value to renice a process, in 'top' you do.
- 'htop' supports mouse operation, 'top' doesn't
- 'top' is older, hence, more used and tested.
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
REAPER is a complete digital audio production application for Windows, Mac and Linux, offering a full multi-track audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering tool set.
REAPER supports a vast range of hardware, digital formats and plugins, and can be comprehensively extended, scripted and modified.
- Efficient, fast to load and portable. Can be installed and run from a portable or network drive.
- Powerful audio and MIDI routing with multi-channel support throughout.
- 64-bit internal audio processing. Import, record to, and render to many media formats, at almost any bit depth and sample rate.
- Thorough MIDI hardware and software support.
- Support for thousands of third-party plug-in effects and virtual instruments, including VST, VST3, AU, DX, and JS.
- Hundreds of studio-quality effects for processing audio and MIDI, and built-in tools for creating new effects.
- Automation, modulation, grouping, VCA, surround, macros, OSC, scripting, control surfaces, custom skins and layouts.
DrumGizmo is an open source, multichannel, multilayered, cross-platform drum plugin and stand-alone application. It enables you to compose drums in midi and mix them with a multichannel approach. It is comparable to that of mixing a real drumkit that has been recorded with a multimic setup.
Stand-alone, Lv2 and VSTi versions available Open drumkit file format, allowing the community to create their own drumkits Drum velocity, allowing for several different hit velocities for each drum Multichannel output, making it possible to mix it just the way you would a real drumkit Optional built-in humanizer, analyzing the midi notes, adjusting velocities on-the-fly Stand-alone midi renderer, generating .wav files, 1 for each channel Stand-alone midi input, making it possible to use DrumGizmo as a software sampler for an electronic drumkit