Hand picked jewels for everyday use
A must have software collection free of charge, lightweight & portable
AnyBurn is a light weight but professional CD / DVD / Blu-ray burning software that everyone must have. It provides a free and complete solution for burning.
Supported formats to burn: (popular types) BIN, DMG, IMA, IMG, ISO, MDF, NRG (all others types) ASHDISC, B5I, BIF, BWI, C2D, CDI, CIF, CUE, DAA, FCD, FLP, GI, ISZ, LCD, MDS, NCD, P01, PDI, PXI, UIF, VCD, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM
"Everything" is an administrative tool that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on local or removable NTFS volumes on your computer (hence the name "Everything"), and on mapped network drives with ETP server and an everything installation too. You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed. 19 languages supported.
How can "Everything" index a mapped network drive? To search a networked computer you will need to run Everything on both computers. One computer will need to Start an ETP server. The other computer will need to connect to that ETP server.
To start an ETP server:
- In Everything, On the Tools menu, click Start ETP server.
To connect to an ETP server:
- In Everything, On the Tools menu, click Connect to ETP Server....
- Type in the ETP server name.
- Type in the ETP server port.
- Type in the ETP server user.
- Type in the ETP server password.
- Click OK.
Universal Extractor 2 or Universal Extractor (Bioruebe version) as it is also called to avoid confusion is an unofficial updated and extended version of the original Universal Extractor by Jared Breland. As the development of the original version has stopped and no update has been published for years, many forked (modified and maintained by the community) Universal Extractors have arised. This is the most advanced and the only one with a fully transparent development using a public GitHub-powered source code repository.
As a short overview, here are some key features, which are new in this release:
Batch mode Silent mode, not showing any prompts Scan only mode to determine file types without extracting Integrated updater 100+ new supported file types Audio and video extraction for multimedia files Cascading context menu Support for password list for common archives Improved optional status box with progress indicator New detection methods + more detailed output and error messages Support for some extractors not shipping with UniExtract as plugins Resource usage/speed improvements, lots of fixes First start assistant instead of installer Full functionality available in no-install version Auto-using 64 bit versions of extractors if supported by OS See the changelog for a complete log of all improvements. Feel free to submit bug reports or feature requests using the issues tab here or the built-in feedback window in Universal Extractor; look at todo.txt for a list of features which may be included in future releases.
Universal Extractor uses TrIDLib by Marco Pontello and many other great tools and libraries to support as many file formats as possible. A detailed list can be found here.
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform.
Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components. Gapless playback. Easily customizable user interface layout. Advanced tagging capabilities. Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component. Full ReplayGain support. Customizable keyboard shortcuts. Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Subtitle Edit is an open source editor for video subtitles.
With SE you can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video and much more.
Features: Create/adjust/sync/translate subtitle lines Convert between SubRib, MicroDVD, Substation Alpha, SAMI, youtube sbv, and many more Wave form control Video player uses DirectShow, VLC media player or MPC-HC Visually sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed) Auto Translation via Google translate Rip subtitles from a (decrypted) dvd Import and OCR VobSub sub/idx binary subtitles (can use Tesseract) Import and OCR Blu-ray .sup files (can use Tesseract - bd sup reading is based on Java code from BDSup2Sub by 0xdeadbeef) Can open subtitles embedded inside matroska files and mp4 files Can read and write both UTF-8 and other unicode files and ANSI (support for all languages/encodings on the pc!) Sync: Show texts earlier/later + point synchronization Merge/split subtitles Adjust display time Fix common errors wizard Spell checking via Open Office dictionaries/NHunspell (many dictionaries available) Remove text for hear impaired (HI) Renumbering Batch convert Effects: Typewriter and karaoke History/undo manager Compare subtitles Multiple search and replace Change casing using names dictionary Merge short lines/split long lines Dark Mode
Subtitle Edit is available in 29 languages.
Subtitle Edit can read, write, and convert between 200+ subtitle formats, like: SubRip (.srt) Adobe Encore Dvd Studio Pro Dvd Subtitle EBU Subtitling data exchange format (.stl, binary) MicroDvd MPlayer2 OpenDvt PAC Timed Text Bluray sup VobSub
JDownloader is a free, open source download manager. It simplifies and improves the process of downloading files from Websites, Cloud-Storage Providers, Social Media Networks and File Hosting Sites.
JDownloader offers downloading in multiple parallel streams, throttling, resuming, CAPTCHA recognition, and automatic file extraction. It supports Click'n'Load and container files like DLC, RSDF and CCF. A large developer community ensures that current individual page-specific download scripts are kept up to date and valuable time is saved on the basis of the expandable basic framework.
It can also be used as a service on a server or Network Attached Storage (NAS) and controlled via My.JDownloader.Org from a web browser or smartphone.
Total Commander is a shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows. Some features include a built-in FTP client, file compare, archive file navigation, and a multi-rename tool with regular expression support.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
XnView is a utility for viewing and converting graphic files. XnView is provided as FREEWARE for private non-commercial or educational use (including non-profit organization).
Image IPTC, EXIF metadata support, EXIF auto rotation support, IPTC editing, Batch convert, batch rename, Create or edit Multi-page file (TIFF, DCX, LDF), 44 languages support (Windows only), Multipage TIFF, Animated GIF, Animated ICO support.
Portable version with support of 42 languages: http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/xnview_portable Version for U3 USB: (1) http://www.xnview.com/en/downloadwin32.html (2) http://software.u3.com/Product_Details.aspx?ProductId=301&Selection=2&Lang=en-US
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers:
• https://forum.qbittorrent.org • https://wiki.qbittorrent.org • https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
why foobar? im curious
Well why not, any better alternatives for audio player maybe?