AppFlowy is an open source alternative to Notion. You are in charge of your data and customizations.
Built for teams that need more control and flexibility
- 100% data control: You can host AppFlowy wherever you want; no vendor lock-in.
- Unlimited customizations: Design and modify AppFlowy your way with an open core codebase.
- One codebase supporting multiple platforms: AppFlowy is built with Flutter and Rust. What does this mean? Faster development, better native experience, and more reliable performance.
Built for individuals who care about data security and mobile experience
- 100% control of your data: Download and install AppFlowy on your local machine. You own and control your personal data.
- Extensively extensible: For those with no coding experience, AppFlowy enables you to create apps that suit your needs. It's built on a community-driven toolbox, including templates, plugins, themes, and more.
- Truely native experience: Faster, more stable with support for offline mode. It's also better integrated with different devices. Moreover, AppFlowy enables users to access features and possibilities not available on the web.
Community for hackers. Community for creators. Community for builders.
- Let’s democratize the knowledge and wheels of making complex workplace collaboration tools
It takes tremendous resources and expertise to build a great collaborative productivity tool. Don’t reinvent the wheels, let’s create the best open-source building blocks as infra to power others.
- We collaboratively create apps that suit others’ needs by developing a versatile toolbox of plugins, templates, and more
Join us to build a toolbox that empowers anyone to create their own system - play and tweak without a glass ceiling on what’s possible.
The problem with notetaking apps like Evernote or Apple Notes is that once you write a note, after a week you never look at it again. Without any organization, you're stuck praying that search will work for your future self. On the other hand, creating and following a system requires way too much discipline.
Athens lets you take notes with minimal systems, structure, and organization, freeing you to stay creative and in flow state. Athens does this with [[bidirectional links]], ((block references)), and a graph database.
Self-hosted note-taking app stored on S3. Notea is a privacy-first, open-source note-taking application. It supports Markdown syntax, sharing, and works on any web-browser capable platform.
Why you’ll love Notea
Self-hosted Notea is self-hosted, so your data is safe in your hands. In a few steps, it can be deployed to Vercel or Netlify, or even your own server via docker.
Stored on S3 Notea does not require a database. Notes are stored in AWS S3 bucket or compatible APIs. This means you can use MinIO (self-hosted), Aliyun OSS (like AWS S3) or a NAS to store your data.
Sharing You can publish your content on the web. With beautiful typography and new upcoming features, you can share your docs, wikis, blogs and newsletters with others using Notea.
Markdown first The editor is based on Markdown syntax. It also supports slash commands, rich embeds, drag and drop to upload pictures, etc.
Your team’s knowledge base Team wiki, documentation, meeting notes, playbooks, onboarding, work logs, brainstorming, & more…
permanote - A note-taking application for Sandstorm.io