APPS - CREATIVITY curated by colin the catalyst
Microsoft 365 (formerly Microsoft Office Suite) is an office suite of applications, servers and services.
The office suite includes:
Microsoft Word Microsoft Office Excel Microsoft Powerpoint Microsoft Office Access Microsoft Office Outlook Microsoft OneNote
With MS Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 you can save all office Documents up to 7 GB for free on your online Microsoft OneDrive , so that you have full access to your documents on any computer, wherever you are.
Other desktop applications included in Microsoft Office suite are:
Microsoft Office Publisher : desktop publishing app mostly used for designing brochures, labels, calendars, greeting cards, business cards, newsletters, web site, and postcards; Microsoft Project : project management software to keep track of events and to create network charts and Gantt charts (not bundled in any Office suite); Microsoft Office Visio : diagram and flowcharting program (not bundled); Microsoft Lync : integrated communications client for conferences and meetings in real time, rebranded as " Skype for Business" in 2015.
WPS Office is a free, lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility. Capable of handling texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF files. The suite includes WPS Writer , WPS Presentation and WPS Spreadsheet
- WPS Office features an all-in-one design, which means you can open, create, and edit files of multiple formats in one client. However, it does not mean that you cannot pull out the interfaces separately. Whenever it is necessary, you can pull out the interface you need to form a new interface for editing.
- WPS Office can be downloaded in Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems, with no features compromised. After you sign in to your account, you can open, edit, and save your files on your computer and mobile devices. Of course, you do not have to worry about the security of your documents. WPS Office aims to ensure user privacy and document security, and there have been no document leakage or security alerts.
- WPS Office provides a document collaboration feature. You can share your documents with colleagues or leaders, and they can collaborate with you to edit and modify the same document in an efficient manner.
- WPS Office provides 13 language versions to serve users in different countries and regions and bring them more convenience in product use. It allows users to choose the language as required during the installation process. At the same time, the WPS Office team is optimizing the languages to offer a better user experience.
- WPS Office is a piece of free editing software, but it has been supported by sophisticated technical and customer service teams. WPS Office aims to solve users' problems in a timely and effective manner and improve user experience. You can rest assured that the WPS Office customer service team will never ignore your feedback. We value the experience of each user.
Adobe Creative Cloud, formerly Adobe Creative Suite, is a collection of graphic design, video editing, and web development applications made by Adobe.
Adobe Creative Cloud includes at least 20 applications. Desktop applications include:
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic
It is possible to subscribe to individual applications, and Adobe Bridge is free.
Imagine becoming the host of your very own live talk radio show with just a single tap on your phone! Once you customize your own unique avatar, Stereo will automatically pair you with the best conversation partners within seconds and start live broadcasting your convo. You can talk about anything you want - comedy, news, politics, sports, business, or whatever you feel like sharing with the world. Want to co-host with an expert, celebrity, friend or your mom? Stereo can do that too! It’s your show done your way.
Unlike pre-recorded podcasts, all Stereo conversations are live, so your audience doesn’t just listen - they are an active participant in the show. They can cheer, send audio messages, or even queue up to be your next guest. Our smart system constantly monitors and identifies the most interesting shows and springboards them to a larger audience so the best talkers quickly grow their fan base and rise to the top of our leaderboard!
Our mission is to find the best thinkers and conversationalists in the world to give them the opportunity to influence and entertain, independent of their background, degree or social status. The modern world is full of complex problems that can’t adequately be expressed through typical social media posts and comments. Let’s get together online and make a real discussion happen by providing the safest environment for everyone to fully express themselves and connect with others! Let’s do Stereo!
Microsoft Lens (formerly Office Lens) is a great way to capture information from documents, whiteboards, business cards, receipts, menus, signs, handwritten memos, or anything else containing text that you want to import but not manually type out yourself. With Microsoft Lens, you don’t need to jot down any notes by hand, rely on blurry cell phone images, or worry about misplacing anything.
Microsoft Lens is great for capturing sketches, drawings and equations too — even images without text. When capturing images, Microsoft Lens gets rid of shadows and odd angles, so your final captures are easier to see.
You can upload your captured document and whiteboard images to Microsoft OneNote, Word, PowerPoint, or OneDrive, and you can also save them as PDF files or send them in email.
Microsoft Excel, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office), is Microsoft's spreadsheet application. With the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface, rich data visualization, pivot table views, and professional-looking charts are easier to create and use.
An online version, Excel Online , is also available as part of Office Online .
Google Sheets, part of Google Drive , is an online spreadsheet app that lets you create and format spreadsheets and simultaneously work with other people. Here's what you can do with Google Sheets:
• Import and convert Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data to a Google spreadsheet. • Export Excel, .csv, .txt and .ods formatted data, as well as PDF and HTML files. • Use formula editing to perform calculations on your data, and use formatting make it look the way you'd like. • Chat in real time with others who are editing your spreadsheet. • Create charts with your data. • Embed a spreadsheet — or individual sheets of your spreadsheet — on your blog or website.
Microsoft PowerPoint, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office) , enables users to create high-impact, dynamic presentations, while integrating workflow and ways to easily share information. From the Microsoft Office Fluent user interface to the new graphics and formatting capabilities, PowerPoint puts the control in your hands to create great-looking presentations.
An online version, Powerpoint Online , is also available as part of Office Online .
Google Slides, part of Google Drive , is an online presentations app that allows you to show off your work in a visual way. Here's what you can do with Google Slides:
• Create and edit presentations. • Edit a presentation with friends or coworkers, and share it with others effortlessly. • Import .pptx and .pps files and convert them to Google presentations. • Download your presentations as a PDF, a PPT, or a .txt file. • Insert images and videos into your presentation. • Publish and embed your presentations in a website.
Microsoft Word, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office) but also sold as a standalone application, is Microsoft's word processor. Its proprietary (but open-specification) DOC format is considered a de-facto standard, although from 2007 and above, Word uses DOCX.
Other features include SmartArt, PDF support, and feature searching (as of Word 2016).
Word Online, part of Office Online, is the web client with a limited feature set.
Using the mobile app, an Microsoft 365 subscription is required to create and edit documents with a screen size of 10.1 inches or larger; documents will be opened in read-only mode.
Google Docs is an online word processor, part of Google Drive, that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. Here's what you can do with Google Docs:
• Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document. • Add flair and formatting to your documents by adjusting margins, spacing, fonts, and colors — all that fun stuff. • Invite other people to collaborate on a document with you, giving them edit, comment or view access. • Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators — right from inside the document. • View your document's revision history and roll back to any previous version. • Download a Google document to your desktop as a Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip file. • Translate a document to a different language. • Email your documents to other people as attachments.
Domestika is the largest online community for creatives with courses from leading industry professionals.
Discover online courses and original content on:
- Illustration: online courses in watercolor technique, India ink, Adobe Photoshop, Procreate, vectorial art, children’s, and fantasy illustration.
- Photography and Video: online courses in editing, post-production, retouching, studio photography, product photography, fashion photography, photomontage.
- Graphic Design: online courses in logo design, branding, editorial design, web design, UX/UI design, art direction, Photoshop techniques, among others.
- Animation and 3D: online courses in 3D lettering animation, creation, modeling, and rigging of characters, VFX, and techniques with Zbrush, Cinema 4D, Blender, Autodesk Maya, After Effects, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Craft: online courses in embroidery, printing, textile illustration, creative ceramics, artisanal bookbinding, papercraft, screen printing, needle felting, textile toys, art toys, and mixed media.
- Marketing and Business: online courses in branding, copywriting, digital marketing, advertising creativity, strategy and creativity, branded content, email marketing, and social media.
- Calligraphy and Typography: online courses in lettering, typographical syntax or orthotypography, micro typography, ornamental lettering, sign painting, and calligraphic logos.
- Technology: online courses in web development, app development for iOS, responsive web design, augmented reality with HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, sound design, Mailchimp, Sketch, Unity.
- Architecture and Spaces: online courses in interior design, architectural visualization, infographics, architectural illustration, AutoCAD, among others.
- Software: learn how to use essential software from scratch with online courses in Procreate, Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Adobe XD, Unity, Unreal Engine, Autodesk Maya, DaVinci Resolve, SketchUp, among others.
Feed your channels a steady stream of awesome with Premiere Rush, the all-new app for creating and sharing online videos. It's easy to use, works across all your devices, and it'll transform the way you create content.
Go from shoot to showtime in record time. Built-in camera functionality helps you take pro-quality video on your mobile devices. Editing is easy, with simple tools for color, audio, motion graphics, and more. Share right from the app to favorite social channels like YouTube, Facebook, and lnstagram.
Wow your followers with professionally designed Motion Graphics templates right in the app, or find hundreds more on Adobe Stock. Change the color, size, font, and more to match your personal brand. And take your videos from amateur to amazing.
Premiere Rush works across all your devices. Capture footage on your phone, then edit and share to social channels on your phone, tablet, or desktop. Everything is synced to the cloud, so your latest edit is always at your fingertips, anywhere you are.
Plays well with Premiere Pro.
When you want to do even more with your videos, you can open your Premiere Rush projects in Premiere Pro, the industry-leading editing app for video and film production. And Premiere Rush is included with a Premiere Pro Single App plan.