Note Apps Windows Android
Microsoft OneNote, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office), is a digital notebook application that gives people one place to gather notes and information. It also offers shared notebooks, syncing between multiple computers and devices via Windows Live online storage, and optical character recognition (OCR) for getting a text from pictures, business cards, etc.
A hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.
- Rich text
- Syntax highlighting
- Images handling
- Embedded files handling
- Multi-level lists handling
- Simple tables handling
- Codeboxes handling
- Execution of the code for code nodes and codeboxes
- Alignment of text, images, tables and codeboxes
- Hyperlinks associated to text and images
- Spell check
- Intra application copy/paste
- Cross application copy/paste
- Copying a list of files from the file manager and pasting in cherrytree will create a list of links to files, images are recognized and inserted in the text
- Print & save as pdf file of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Export to html of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Export to plain text of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- TOC generation for a node / node and subnodes / the whole tree, based on headers h1, h2 and h3
- Find a node, find in selected node, find in selected node and subnodes, find in all nodes
- Replace in nodes names, replace in selected node, replace in selected node and subnodes, replace in all nodes
- Iteration of the latest find, iteration of the latest replace, iteration of the latest applied text formatting
- Import from html file, import from folder of html files
- Import from plain text file, import from folder of plain text files
- Import from basket, cherrytree, epim html, gnote, keepnote, keynote, knowit, mempad, notecase, rednotebook, tomboy, treepad lite, tuxcards, zim
- Export to cherrytree file of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Password protection
- Tree nodes drag and drop
- Automatic link to web page if writing the URL
- Automatic link to node if writing node name either with no spaces and camelcase or surrounded by [[node name]]
QOwnNotes is the open source plain-text notepad with markdown support and todo-list manager for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows, that works together with the notes application of ownCloud.
So you are able to write down your thoughts with QOwnNotes and edit or search for them later from your mobile device (like with CloudNotes) or the ownCloud web-service.
The notes are stored as plain text files and are synced with ownCloud's file sync functionality. Of course other software, like Dropbox, can be used too.
I like the concept of having notes accessible in plain text files, like it is done in the ownCloud notes app, to gain a maximum of freedom, but I was not able to find a decent desktop note taking tool or a text editor, that handles them well in conjunction with ownCloud.
Out of this need QOwnNotes was born.
Take beautiful markdown notes whenever you feel inspired. Place them in notebooks and tag them accordingly. Stay organized by making task lists, set reminders and keep everything in one place by attaching related files.
Quillnote is fully free and open-source. It will never show you ads, ask you for unnecessary permissions or upload your notes anywhere without you knowing.
With Quillnote, you can:
- Take notes with Markdown support
- Make task lists
- Pin your favorite notes to the top
- Hide notes you do not want others to see
- Set reminders for events you do not want to miss
- Add voice recordings and other file attachments
- Group related notes in notebooks
- Add tags to notes
- Archive notes you want out of your way
- Search through notes
- Sync with Nextcloud (experimental)
- Backup your notes to a zip file which you can restore at a later time
- Toggle between light and dark mode
- Choose between multiple color schemes
Markor is a TextEditor for Android, versatile, flexible, and lightweight. Markor utilizes simple markup formats like Markdown and todo.txt for note-taking and list management. It is versatile at working with text; it can also be used for keeping bookmarks, copying to clipboard, fast opening a link from text and lots more. Created files are interoperable with any other plaintext software on any platform.
📝 Create notes and manage your to-do list using simple markup formats 🌲 Work completely offline - whenever, wherever 👌 Compatible with any other plaintext software on any platform – edit with notepad or vim, filter with grep, convert to PDF or create a zip archive
🖍 Syntax Highlighting and format related actions – quick insert pictures and to-do 👀 Convert, preview, and share documents as HTML and PDF
📚 Notebook: Store all documents on a common filesystem folder 📓 QuickNote: Fast accessible for keeping notes ?? To-Do: Write down your to-do 🔖 LinkBox: Share pages to read later into bookmark list 🖍 Markup formats: Markdown and todo.txt 📋 Copy to clipboard: Copy any text, including text shared into Markor 💡 Notebook is the root folder of documents and can be changed to any location on filesystem. LinkBox, QuickNote and ToDo are textfiles
🎨 Highly customizeable, dark theme available 💾 Auto-Save with options for undo/redo 👌 No ads or unnecessary permissions 🌎 Language selection – use other language than on the system
💡 Unlike other office suites (like LibreOffice) or to-do apps (like Wunderlist), Markor has one streamlined text editor with no other editing UI. Markor shows how powerful and expressive simple text can be. View, edit, manipulate and convert plaintext!
🔃 Markor works with sync apps, but they have to do syncing respectively. Sync clients known to work in combination include BitTorrent Sync, Dropbox, FolderSync, OwnCloud, NextCloud, Seafile, Syncthing, Syncopoli
Obsidian is a note-taking app that helps you create and maintain a knowledge graph. It encourages non-linear thinking, allowing you to jump from one idea to another without any friction. You can make connections between notes easily, creating a wiki-style link between them. This makes it easy to navigate between notes and see how they are related.
One of the best things about Obsidian is that it gives you complete control over your data. All your notes are stored in a local folder of Markdown files, which means you own all your data. You can keep it secure and private, without having to worry about any third-party access.
The app also has a flexible plugin system that you can customize to your needs. You can enable the plugins that matter to you, such as the in-app PDF viewer or the audio player. Obsidian also allows you to embed multimedia files like images and audio using the ![[image.png]] syntax.
Overall, Obsidian is a great app for anyone who wants to organize their thoughts and ideas in a non-linear way. It is perfect for students, researchers, or anyone who needs to keep track of a lot of information.
Notion is a versatile tool that streamlines collaboration and organization within teams. It is similar to Google Docs, allowing team members to access and contribute to content in real-time. However, Notion goes further by offering a more organized and discoverable environment for all types of content.
A standout feature of Notion is its intuitive drag and drop functionality, making it easy to add various types of content. This eliminates the need for a clunky wiki and allows users to work seamlessly. Notion also provides a visual organization similar to Trello, making it effortless to stay organized on every page.
Designed with creators in mind, Notion offers powerful tools and visually stunning layouts that are easy to use. It is a comprehensive solution for teams of all sizes, whether working on a collaborative project or keeping individual work organized.
Google Keep is a service provided by Google which integrates note-taking and web surfing.
Quickly capture what’s on your mind and recall it easily wherever you are. Create a checklist, enter a voice note or take a photo and annotate it. Everything you add is available instantly on all your devices – desktop and mobile.
With Google Keep, you can: • Keep track of your thoughts via notes, lists and photos • Have voice notes transcribed automatically • Colour-code your notes to help find them later • Swipe to archive things you no longer need • Turn a note into a checklist by adding checkboxes • Use your notes from anywhere - they are safely stored in the cloud and available on the web at http://drive.google.com/keep
Online Notebook application: Zoho Notebook lets you combine text, images, audio, video, RSS feeds, documents and much more. Online Collaboration: You can share a single image or selection of text from a page rather than the whole document, giving the author absolute control over what information is shared with others. Notebook also provides real-time collaborative editing. Firefox plug-ins for instant web clipping; Skype integration for instant chat and IP telephony.
Zim brings the concept of a wiki to your desktop. Store information, link pages and edit with WYSISYG markup or directly typing some lightweight markup syntax and see it previewed as-you-type. Creating a new page is easy by either clicking on the "Create new note" button, by linking to a non-existing page or by writing a CamelCase name in any note. Pages are stored in a folder structure, like in an outliner, in plain text format with lightweight markup, and can have attachments (stored along the notes).
This tool can be used to keep track of TODO lists or ideas, to take notes during a meeting, to draft any other kind of text (blog entries, important mails, etc.) or to write long texts like lab research notebooks thank's to the headers structure and the table of content navigation.
Zim handles several types of formatting markup, like headings, bullet lists, checkbox, tables and of course bold, italic and highlighted. This markup is saved as a hybrid wiki/markdown text so you can easily edit it with other editors. Because of the autosave feature you can switch between pages and follow links or even close the software anytime while editing without worries. The interface also provides multi-document tabs, and it remembers the cursor position in all notes for quick resuming in your note taking endeavors.
ColorNote is a simple notepad app. It give you a quick and simple notepad editing experience when you write notes, email, message, shopping lists and todo lists. ColorNote makes taking a note easier than any other notepad apps.
- Organize notes by color
- Sticky Note Widget
- Checklist for ToDo & Shopping list
- Organize your schedule in calendar
- Protect your notes by passcode
- Password Lock/Unlock note
- Secured backup notes to sd storage
- Reminder on status bar
- List/Grid View
- Search notes
- Notepad supports ColorDict Add-On
- Powerful Reminder : Time Alarm, All day, Repetition.(lunar calendar)
- Quick memo / notes
- Wiki link : Share notes via SMS, email, twitter
- Use color to categorize notes.
Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, MacOS, and web browser.
Private means your notes are end-to-end encrypted, so only you can read your notes. Even we can't read the contents of your notes.
Simple means it does one job and does it well. Standard Notes is a safe and lasting place for your life's work. Our focus is making it easy to write notes wherever you are and syncing them with encryption to all your devices.
Standard Notes comes free with: • Seamless sync across all your devices, with easy to use applications on iPhone, iPad, Mac, web browsers, and other platforms.
- Offline access, so you can access your downloaded notes even without a connection.
- No limit on number of devices.
- No limit on number of notes.
- Passcode lock protection, along with Touch ID and Face ID protection.
- A tagging system to organize your notes (like #work, #ideas, #passwords, #crypto).
- The ability to pin, lock, protect, and move notes to trash, which allows you to recover deleted notes until the trash is emptied.
We made Standard Notes simple because longevity is important to us. We want to make sure we're here, protecting your notes, for the next hundred years. You shouldn't have to find a new notes app every year.
To sustain our development, we offer optional paid subscriptions with additional benefits. A premium subscription gives you access to powerful tools including:
- Super note type
- Beautiful themes
- Web clipper
- Encrypted files
- Hardware security key support
Made by the company behind WordPress, Simplenote enables users to take notes, lists, and ideas. These notes are stored on the cloud and are accessible across multiple devices.
Simplenote's both client and server components are free and open-source. However, the service component of Simplenote requires free registration and accepting the terms of service.
Joplin is a free, open source note taking and to-do application, which can handle a large number of notes organised into notebooks. The notes are searchable, can be copied, tagged and modified either from the applications directly or from your own text editor. The notes are in Markdown format.
Notes exported from Evernote via .enex files can be imported into Joplin, including the formatted content (which is converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.) and complete metadata (geolocation, updated time, created time, etc.). Plain Markdown files can also be imported.
The notes can be synchronised with various cloud services including Nextcloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, their own service (paid) or the file system (for example with a network directory). When synchronising the notes, notebooks, tags and other metadata are saved to plain text files which can be easily inspected, backed up and moved around.
The application is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. A Web Clipper, to save web pages and screenshots from your browser, is also available for Firefox and Chrome.
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- End To End Encrypted (E2EE) synchronisation (but not encrypted locally at rest)
- Synchronisation with various services, including NextCloud, Dropbox, WebDAV and OneDrive.
- Import Enex files (Evernote export format) and Markdown files.
- Export JEX files (Joplin Export format) and raw files.
- Support for to-dos and tags
- Support for notifications in mobile and desktop applications.
- Offline first, so the entire data is always available on the device even without an internet connection.
- Markdown notes. Support for extra features such as math notation, checkboxes and Fountain (screenwriting markup language).
- File attachment support, images, etc.
- Search functionality.
- Geo-location support.
- Supports multiple languages
- External editor support - open notes in your favorite external editor with one click in Joplin.