Product Hunt is a website that lets users share and discover new products. The site, which was founded by Ryan Hoover in November 2013, is backed by Y Combinator. Users submit products which are listed in a linear format by day. The site includes a comments system and a voting system similar to Hacker News or Reddit. The products with the most votes rise to the top of each day's list.
Products are organized into four categories; technology products (web apps, mobile apps, hardware products, etc.), games (PC, web, mobile apps), books and podcasts. As of July 2014 submitting products to the site is available to all members. A submission simply requires a product title, URL, and tagline. As of 2016, according to Ryan Hoover, the website has led to the discovery of over 100 million products across 50,000 companies.
The site also includes a daily email list that sends out yesterday's top tech "hunts" (products) as well as a featured collection. A version of the digest is also available for games and books.
Lucky Patcher is a free Android app that can mod many apps and games, block ads, remove unwanted system apps, backup apps before and after modifying, move apps to SD card, remove license verification from paid apps and games etc.
Features & Details
- Remove or block ads on Android apps and games. You can easily block ads with Lucky Patcher.
- Block in app purchase verification with the app. You can use premium apps and games for free by removing in app purchase verification.
- Crack many games easily with Lucky Patcher. Get free coins and gems on many games. It may required root access.
- Some apps and games want suspicious permissions. You can easily remove unwanted permissions from any apps or games.
Ruqqus is an open-source platform for online communities, free of censorship and moderator abuse by design.
Ruqqus is a freedom-focused, USA-based, open-source social platform. We are fair and transparent, free of artificial manipulation, and focused on supporting your human right to free speech.
Are you missing the key layout you're used to from your computer when using an Android device? This software keyboard has separate number keys, punctuation in the usual places, and arrow keys. It is based on the AOSP Gingerbread soft keyboard, so it supports multitouch for the modifier keys.
This keyboard is especially useful if you use ConnectBot for SSH access. It provides working Tab/Ctrl/Esc keys, and the arrow keys are essential for devices such as the Xoom tablet or Nexus S that don't have a trackball or D-Pad.
The supported keyboard layouts include: Armenian, Arabic, British (en_GB), Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dvorak English (language "en-DV"), English (QWERTY), Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew , Italian, Lao, Norwegian, Persian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Russian phonetic (ru-rPH), Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian (Slovenšcina)/Bosnian/Croatian/Latin Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Ukrainian.
FoxFi enables WiFi or Bluetooth Hotspot on your Android phone - no tether plan or rooting required! This is a new Android app with great reviews in Android Market. Bluetooth mode works for all phones. WiFi mode works on most Samsung/Motorola/LG phones. WiFi mode does NOT work on Motorola Droid 1/Triumph, Samsung Admire, LG Revolution or any HTC phones, use Bluetooth mode instead. Connect your tablets, computers or game console with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under your phone's existing data plan.
FoxFi is much better than other tether software on Android. The advantages are obvious: No rooting required, avoid hassle and risk of bricking No need to install anything on the computer Supports connection from any tablets including iPad, Kindle, Nook etc. Supports connection from PS3, XBox, WII etc. Supports multiple connections at the same time Secured with WPA2. Avoids the security risk of enabling USB debugging.
Ghost Commander is a file manager with two panels for the Android™ platform. Its development was inspired by the famous (Norton|Midnight|Total) Commander desktop applications, so if you are familiar with those great programs, you will find Ghost Commander a familiar and very convenient environment.
As was said above, it has two separate panels, both of them able to show files from different locations. What does that give you? For example, when you need to copy files from one folder to another, you just select the files in one panel and the target in the other, then hit the '5' key (either on the physical keyboard or on the toolbar). That's it. No need to do such boring steps as copying the files to the clipboard, navigating to the place you want them to be copied to, pasting and then going back.
List of features
Browse the local file system. Navigate easily through the folders tree. Save short cuts to the frequently visited folders to the favorites list (and also as icons on the system desktop). Copy/move/delete/rename files and folders, create new folders. Launch a file with an appropriate application (for example launch an .apk file to install an application). Open a text file for editing, create new text files. Open a zip archive as a folder - copy (extract) files from it. Create a new zip archive, add new files to an existing one, delete files in an archive. Search files by a name mask on the local file system. Calculate the occupied size of files and folders, have the folders sorted by size. Connect to an FTP site, download/upload files and folders. (Active and passive modes supported.) Open a Windows network shared folder (Samba protocol). Copy files/folders to and from. (With a plugin.) Customize looks and feels - turn on/off the file icons, manage row size, background and foreground colors, tool buttons. Work in the root: mode to the file system on a "rooted" device.
4chan is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. There are boards dedicated to a variety of topics, from Japanese animation and culture to videogames, music, and photography. Users do not need to register an account before participating in the community. Feel free to click on a board that interests you and jump right in!
MetaGer is an open source metasearch engine focused on protecting users' privacy. Based in Germany, and hosted as a cooperation between the German NGO 'SUMA-EV - Association for Free Access to Knowledge' and the University of Hannover, the system is built on 24 small-scale web crawlers under MetaGer's own control. In September 2013, MetaGer launched MetaGer.net, an English-language version of their search engine.
Features: • Libre Source (Open Source). If you are not familiar with "Libre Source", it means this software has both stronger security & stronger privacy. Because its code is publicly available for review and contributions on GitLab at https://gitlab.metager.de/open-source/MetaGer • Attractive GNU General Public version 3 & MIT licenses. This means the software code is owned and supported by a friendly not-for-profit community. Instead of a for-profit corporation. • No censorship by combining the results of multiple search engines • Algorithms are transparent and available for everyone to read • Run by a Nonprofit Organization • Powered by 100% renewable energy • Optional, dark theme
Build your own unique city as the new mayor. Create residential, commercial, and industrial zones. Build parks and recreation spots. Respond to crime and disasters. Watch your city come alive!
Pocket City re-imagines classic city building simulation gameplay to mobile for iOS and Android.
BusyBox is a single binary that provides several stripped-down Unix tools in a single executable. It runs in a variety of POSIX environments such as Linux, Android, FreeBSD and others. It was specifically created for embedded operating systems with very limited resources. It has been self-dubbed "The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux". It includes clones of netcat, httpd, init, grep, a dhcp client/server, tar, sh, ash, awk, cat, and many more utilities.
JetAudio is integrated, multimedia software made of a single compact rack. Not only does it play various music and video files, it also has features such as CD burning, recording, and conversion to other file formats. You can create your own Internet broadcast by using JetCast, provided with JetAudio, and you can play all major file formats, including WAV, MP3, MP3Pro, OGG, WMA, MPEG, AVI, WMV, MIDI, RM, and video and audio CD tracks.
Shodan is a search engine that lets you find specific computers (routers, servers, etc.) using a variety of filters. Some have also described it as a public port scan directory or a search engine of banners.
IPinfo is the trusted source for IP address data, handling 12 billion API requests per month for over 1,000 businesses and 100,000+ developers.
Some of these businesses include customers from the Fortune 100, such as Apple, T-Mobile, and Dell. The IPInfo API can effortlessly scale and handle up to 10,000 requests per second, which totals to almost 12 billion API requests every month.
The data that powers our API also powers many other products and services across the internet. To produce our custom data sets, we process terabytes of data, refreshing much of our data daily, and leverage Google's Cloud platform and Big Data tools.
Founded in 2014 by former Facebook engineer Ben Dowling, IPInfo has grown from a simple API with basic geolocation and ASN data to the trusted source for IP address data for over a thousand businesses and hundreds of thousands of developers all over the world.
LanDroid is all-in-one network tool with simple and handy interface.
- No Ads Features:
- LocalNet - Local Interfaces, Routing and WiFi information
- PublicIP - Displays your real IP and extra information
- IP Lookup - Shows Country,ISP,Network,ASN and RIR
- DNS Lookup (using fixed remote server)
- NetStat - Shows active and listening connections
- ArpCache (if using wifi)
- PortScan (tcp)
- DNSBL - Query IP in spam blacklists
- MAC Lookup - Find vendor/manufacturer name by MAC address
- IP Calc - IP Network Calculator
- SSL Check
- Adjustable font size
- AutoComplete from history Notes: No IPv6 support - In order to keep this app tiny, we won't include IPv6 support in it. To help us support Landroid, donate on it's homepage.
JumpGo is a fast, reliable and easy to use way to browse the web! Based off the Lightning browser, JumpGo provides a simple user interface with minimal distractions. The JumpGo Browser for Android is part of The JumpGo Project by JTechMe. ? Speed - JumpGo utilizes the WebKit rendering engine built into the Android system to provide a fast experience. ? Privacy - JumpGo provides an easy and intuitive 'Incognito Mode' for browsing without worrying about cookies, cache and history. Additionally, download Orbot and turn on TOR proxy support to utilize the TOR network for extra protection. ? Features - Multicolored navigation bars, Search suggestions¹, Bookmarks, Reading Mode, History, AdBlock² and User Agents. All you'll need to get the most out of your browsing experience. ? Open-source and free to use! JumpGo for Android is based on the Lightning Browser. Fork JumpGo from https://github.com/JTechMe/JumpGo ¹Search suggestions provided by Google. ²AdBlock only supported in US for the English language. Support also available in part in UK, BC and AU for the English Language only.
Briar is a messaging app designed for activists, journalists, and anyone else who needs a safe, easy and robust way to communicate.
- Unlike traditional messaging tools such as email, Twitter or Telegram, Briar doesn't rely on a central server - messages are synchronized directly between the users' devices. If the Internet's down, Briar can sync via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, keeping the information flowing in a crisis. If the Internet's up, Briar can sync via the Tor network, protecting users and their relationships from surveillance.
Aptoide is a distributed marketplace for mobile applications which runs on the Android operating system. In Aptoide, unlike the default Google Play Store, there is not a unique and centralized store but each user manages their own store.
Currently, there are several versions of the Aptoide app: Aptoide Mobile and Aptoide Lite for smartphones and tablets, Aptoide TV - an edition for smart TVs and STBs, and Aptoide Kids - developed for children devices. Recently, Aptoide launched a VR App Store.
Aptoide also provides B2B solutions, allowing its partners to manage their own app store in an autonomous and customized way.
The Android application used to access the stores is open source, and there are several forks such as F-Droid. The communication between the client and servers is done using an open protocol based on XML.
The concept is inspired by the APT packaging manager, which can work with multiple sources (repositories). When the user wants a package, they use the client to search for sources where the application is stored.
The name Aptoide is formed from the words "APT" (the Debian package manager) and "oide" (the last syllable of "Android").
The Aptoide platform is available in over 40 languages, having reached more than 97 million users in 2015 and 2.8 billion downloads. In the various stores it is possible to find over 700.000 Android apps.
Uptodown is an international download site for mobile apps and desktop software. It was created on December 20, 2002, and is based in Málaga, Spain.
Its catalogue currently includes more than 100,000 applications for the main computer operating systems, divided into themed categories and stored on Uptodown’s own servers. Each application has its own information page written by the Uptodown editorial team and complemented with user opinions.
Its webpage is available in 15 languages, and provides secure programs thanks to VirusTotal, which supplies reports on all files based on the results of more than 50 antiviruses. Besides the software catalogue, Uptodown has a blog for news and tutorials related to the world of software, as well as its own official native app for Android.
Caustic Mastering is a suite of audio effects that gives you the power to make your tracks pop and impress.
Caustic is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs. Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
- Subsynth - Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
- PCMSynth - Multi-sample wave synthesizer
- BassLine - 303-like monosynth
- BeatBox - 8-channel sampling drum machine
- PadSynth - Harmonic table pad synthesizer
- 8BitSynth - 8bit equation solver synthesizer
- Modular - Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
- Organ - Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
- Vocoder - 8-band harmonic vocoder
- FMSynth - DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
- KSSynth - Karplus-Strong string modeling synth
The app also includes:
- Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (16 effect types)
- Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects
- Master section with parametric EQ and limiter
- Song sequencer
No YouTube account required. It doesn't need the YouTube API or any Google Play Services, as NewPipe only parses the YouTube in order to gain the information. Therefore this app can be used on devices without Google Services installed. NewPipe Extractor is used by other apps for this purpose.
NewPipe Legacy (Android 4.1+) version available on website.
- Search videos
- Display general information about a video
- Watch videos at resolutions up to 4K
- Listen to audio in the background, only loading the audio stream to save data
- Popup mode (floating player, aka Picture-in-Picture)
- Watch live streams
- Show/hide subtitles/closed captions
- Search videos and audios (on YouTube, you can specify the content language as well)
- Enqueue videos (and optionally save them as local playlists)
- Show/hide general information about videos (such as description and tags)
- Show/hide next/related videos
- Show/hide comments
- Search videos, audios, channels, playlists and albums
- Browse videos and audios within a channel
- Subscribe to channels (yes, without logging into any account!)
- Get notifications about new videos from channels you're subscribed to
- Create and edit channel groups (for easier browsing and management)
- Browse video feeds generated from your channel groups
- View and search your watch history
- Search and watch playlists (these are remote playlists, which means they're fetched from the service you're browsing)
- Create and edit local playlists (these are created and saved within the app, and have nothing to do with any service)
- Download videos/audios/subtitles (closed captions)
- Open in Kodi
- Watch/Block age-restricted material
- YouTube & YouTube Music - one of the most popular video and live streaming platforms, including music, news, gaming and much more. Best supported out of the five.
- PeerTube - a decentralized video platform. Any PeerTube instance can be added to NewPipe.
- SoundCloud - a streaming platform for music.
- Bandcamp - an artist-friendly platform for sharing music. It offers user-friendly DRM-free downloads.
- media.ccc.de - the video archive and live streaming platform of the German hacker and information security activist group Chaos Computer Club.
ClassyShark is a standalone binary inspection tool for Android developers. It can reliably browse any Android executable and show important info such as class interfaces and members, dex counts and dependencies. ClassyShark supports multiple formats including libraries (.dex, .aar, .so), executables (.apk, .jar, .class) and all Android binary XMLs: AndroidManifest, resources, layouts etc.