Opinions on how to make my workflow better are welcome.
Revolut is an alternative to traditional banks that offers an internationally focused, app-based approach with built-in features for budgeting, expense tracking, split payments and much more. Setting up an account and making deposits through the app is free and users can opt to purchase a physical, stainless steel debit card for easy access to funds and featuring surcharge-free withdrawals from ATMs within reasonable monthly limits. The app provides security features to disable and enable contact-less, swipe, and online payments with the card as well as the ability to freeze and unfreeze it.
For banking features, Revolut provides transfers at fair rates between multiple currencies. Similar to services like PayPal, users can easily send and request money and can even generate a link to receive payment from people not using the app. It also includes features of split payment services, letting users easily split up bill payments among friends and family. Users can also buy and sell Bitcoin and Ethereum cryptocurrencies within the app.
The app also features a savings Vault with fair interest rates and allowing automated deposits of spare change as well as one-off or recurring transfers. Meanwhile, Group Vaults make it easy to share and save together with others. Budgets are easily managed as well with a monthly budget planner and real-time expense tracking and overall spending is always available at a glance through an intuitive analytics tab.
Fast and lightweight mobile news feed reader for your country major newspapers! Choose, read and easily compare the most famous newspapers with your mobile free of charge and in the fastest way possible. All the headlines of major newspapers in the palm of your hand.
Many supported countries like USA, UK, Ireland, India, Canada, Australia, Malaysia and more!
Fast News is All News In One App, a RSS Feed Reader but unlike other feature rich news readers, it will bring you directly to the news without wasting any time messing around with the user interface or news loading. It is the best app for the daily reader. This app is still in Beta state, please provide feedback!
Fast News US version will show you the content of the public rss feeds from these major United States newspapers:
- The New York Times
- New York Daily News
- USA Today
- L.A. Times
- Huffington Post
- Washington Post
- Denver Post
- Dallas Morning
- ABC News
- Fox News Latest
- ESPN Sport News
- The Daily Beast
- The Nation
- Yahoo! News US
- USA Reddit channel
- Wall Street Journal
- Very fast and lightweight newsreader
- Immediate and simple to use
- Optimized for low bandwidth usage and high download speed
- Easy to compare an article between different newspapers
- Choose only the newspapers you want and change their order
- Front page of the most important newspapers in your country with all the currents news and stories about politics crimes gossip sport government taxes crisis economics finances
- Share the news with friends through mail, social networks, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or any other app you have installed.
- The best for the daily reader
Disclaimer: App is not affiliated nor related with any of the newspapers cited here. The content the app shows comes from publicly available RSS feeds from the newspapers which retains all copyrights.The app is not to be held responsible for any of the content shown
Put your files into your Dropbox on one computer, and they'll be instantly available on any of your other computers that also have Dropbox installed. Because copies of your files are stored on Dropbox's secure servers, you can also access them from any computer or mobile device using the Dropbox website.
You receive 2 GB of storage space for free, upon registration. You may earn up to 16GB of free storage space by referring new users to Dropbox, at 500 MB per referral.
The objective of 2048 is to slide numbered tiles on a grid to combine them to create a tile with the number 2048.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Use arrow keys to move the tiles (drag to move on mobile).
- When two tiles with the same number touch, they merge into one!
- Join the numbers and get to the 2048 tile!
Simple Gallery is a highly customizable offline gallery. Organize & edit your photos, recover deleted files with the recycle bin, protect & hide files and view a huge variety of different photo & video formats including RAW, SVG and much more.
The app contains no ads and unnecessary permissions. As the app doesn’t require internet access either, your privacy is protected.
SIMPLE GALLERY – FEATURES
• Offline gallery with no ads or popups • Simple gallery photo editor – crop, rotate, resize, draw, filters & more • No internet access needed, giving you more privacy and security • No unnecessary permissions required • Quickly search images, videos & files • Open & view many different photo and video types (RAW, SVG, panoramic etc) • A variety of intuitive gestures to easily edit & organize files • Lots of ways to filter, group & sort files • Customize the appearance of Simple Gallery • Available in 32 languages • Mark files as favorites for quick access • Protect your photos & videos with a pattern, pin or fingerprint • Use pin, pattern & fingerprint to protect the app launch or specific functions too • Recover deleted photos & videos from the recycle bin • Toggle visibility of files to hide photos & videos • Create a customizable slideshow of your files • View detailed information of your files (resolution, EXIF values etc) • Simple Gallery is open source … and much much more!
PHOTO GALLERY EDITOR Simple Gallery makes it easy to edit your pictures on the fly. Crop, flip, rotate and resize your pictures. If you’re feeling a little more creative you can add filters and draw on your pictures!
SUPPORT FOR MANY FILE TYPES Unlike some other gallery viewers & photo organizers, Simple Gallery supports a huge range of different file types including JPEG, PNG, MP4, MKV, RAW, SVG, Panoramic photos, Panoramic videos and many more.
Zoom is a video communication company that provides remote conferencing services that combines video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.
Zoom offers a way to start or join a 100-person meeting face-to-face video, screen sharing and instant messaging
Key Features: --Best video meeting quality --Best screen sharing quality --Screen share directly from your device --Screen share photos, web, and Dropbox or Box files --Screen share apps via iOS AirPlay --Co-annotate during screen sharing --Real-time whiteboard collaboration --Send group text, images, and audio files from mobile and desktop --Contact availability status --Easily invite phone, email, or company contacts --Join as interactive participant or view-only webinar attendee --Works over WiFi, 4G/LTE, and 3G networks --Safe driving mode while on the road --Connect with anyone on iPad, iPhone, other mobile devices, Windows, Mac, Zoom Rooms, H.323/SIP room systems, and telephones
WPS Office is a free, lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility. Capable of handling texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF files. The suite includes WPS Writer , WPS Presentation and WPS Spreadsheet
- WPS Office features an all-in-one design, which means you can open, create, and edit files of multiple formats in one client. However, it does not mean that you cannot pull out the interfaces separately. Whenever it is necessary, you can pull out the interface you need to form a new interface for editing.
- WPS Office can be downloaded in Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems, with no features compromised. After you sign in to your account, you can open, edit, and save your files on your computer and mobile devices. Of course, you do not have to worry about the security of your documents. WPS Office aims to ensure user privacy and document security, and there have been no document leakage or security alerts.
- WPS Office provides a document collaboration feature. You can share your documents with colleagues or leaders, and they can collaborate with you to edit and modify the same document in an efficient manner.
- WPS Office provides 13 language versions to serve users in different countries and regions and bring them more convenience in product use. It allows users to choose the language as required during the installation process. At the same time, the WPS Office team is optimizing the languages to offer a better user experience.
- WPS Office is a piece of free editing software, but it has been supported by sophisticated technical and customer service teams. WPS Office aims to solve users' problems in a timely and effective manner and improve user experience. You can rest assured that the WPS Office customer service team will never ignore your feedback. We value the experience of each user.
WhatsApp is an iPhone and Android messaging app which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS.
In addition to basic messaging WhatsApp users can create groups, send each other unlimited images, video and audio media messages.
You can use WhatsApp on your web browser too. WhatsApp Web is simply an extension of your phone: the web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device -- this means all of your messages still live on your phone.
To connect your web browser to your WhatsApp client, simply open https://web.whatsapp.com in your browser. You will see a QR code --- scan the code inside of WhatsApp, and you’re ready to go. You have now paired WhatsApp on your phone with the WhatsApp web client. Your phone needs to stay connected to the internet for our web client to work, and please make sure to install the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone.
Accurate and detailed weather forecast for free
- Completely free without advertisement: All functions are free. No annoying advertisements are displayed at all.
- Beautiful photos and weather forecast: The beautiful photos posted by users are matched with the weather forecast and displayed, so you can see the weather conditions from the photographs.
- Corresponding weather forecast: live weather, today weather, tomorrow weather, 48 hour weather, weekly weather.
- Accurate and detailed weather: highest temperature, lowest temperature, live temperature, apparent (feels-like) temperature, probability of rain, precipitation, humidity, dew point, clouds cover, atmospheric pressure, wind speed, wind direction, UV index, visibility.
- Covers worldwide: Countries, cities, spots, places, and local that can be searched using Google search.
- Supported languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, and 50 more languages.
- Animated radar map: rainy situation, temperature, cloud movement, wind movement, atmospheric pressure, waves, ocean current. All of these information can be seen up to 10 days ahead.
- Sun and Moon: Sunrise time, sunset time, twilight, moon phases, full moon day, new moon day, age of the moon.
- Bookmark: Manage your favorite places with bookmarks.
- Simple interface: You can get the necessary information by simply scrolling down the screen.
- Choose your favorite theme: Dark theme and white theme are available.
- Weather forecast widget with pictures: Enjoy a richer home screen with beautiful pictures and weather forecast.
- Around 10 types of widget: Sizes range from 1x1 to 4x4. Changeable font size, background transparency, color, place, local time.
- Real time update: Automatically get the latest weather forecast.
- GPS support: Even if you move to another local, you will automatically get the weather information for that local.
- Clock, date: Supports local time. Launches calendar application and clock application.
"Annoyed by all the ugly players packed with endless menus and features who distract you from what you want to do: listen to audiobooks? You just add your main audiobook folder and every folder in there will be recognised as a single book. That keeps your library simple and tidy. Here we go.
What it can: • Remembers last position • Adjust playback speed • Beautiful Material Design • Day & Night Theme. Don't hurt your eyes! • Bookmarks • Android Auto • Sleep-timer. You don't have to stop the player in the middle of the night.
Voice is free and Open Source. That means, everyone can see what it does. Minimal permissions, no tracking."
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
Vanilla Music is designed to be simple, clean and minimal. Supports browsing by folder, queueing, shake-to-skip and more.
- MP3/OGG/FLAC/PCM player
- Multiple playlist support
- Tag based and folder based navigation
- Grouping by artist, album or genre
- Plain filesystem browsing
- Gapless playback and ReplayGain support
- Headset/Bluetooth controls
- Accelerometer/Shake control
- Cover art support
- ScrobbleDroid support for Last.fm integration
Vanilla Music also includes support for plugins, this is a list of some existing plugins:
Cover fetcher Lyrics search Tag editor Headphone detector
Unified Remote is an app that lets you control your entire computer from your mobile device. In short, it turns your device into a WiFi or Bluetooth remote control for all the programs on your computer. It is easily the most feature-filled Mobile-PC remote available. With our app you can control a wide range of applications, including simple mouse and keyboard, media players, and other external gadgets that can be connected to your computer
Total Commander is a shareware Orthodox File Manager (OFM) for Windows. Some features include a built-in FTP client, file compare, archive file navigation, and a multi-rename tool with regular expression support.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
- And many more!
The Old Reader is a web based RSS reader, something like Google Reader . Import existing subscriptions, find Facebook friends and more.
Telegram is a messaging app created by former VK creators with a focus on speed and security. It’s superfast, simple and free. It is like SMS, but more powerful.
You can send messages, photos and videos to people who are in your phone contacts (and have Telegram). You can also create groups for up to 200000 people or channels for unlimited subscribers.
Your chats are not encrypted by default, which enables other people to see what you are writing. You can enable a "Secret Chat" to enable end-to-end encryption.
Telegram offers a Premium plan too: by subscribing to Telegram Premium, users unlock doubled limits, 4 GB file uploads, faster downloads, exclusive stickers and reactions, improved chat management – and a whole lot more. At the same time, all existing features that users have come to expect and rely on for nearly a decade remain free. Moreover, non-premium users will be able to enjoy some of Premium's benefits: for example, download the extra-large documents and view stickers sent by premium users, as well as tap to increase counters on premium reactions that were already added to a message. There are different prices for the Premium subscription based on your country, also if you buy it via the @premiumbot you don't have to pay the app store fees.
Telegram's security model has received notable criticism by cryptography experts. They criticized the general security model of permanently storing all contacts, messages and media together with their decryption keys on its servers by default and by not enabling end-to-end encryption for messages by default.
Telegram's client-side code is open-source software, whereas its server-side code is closed-source and proprietary. The service also provides public APIs with which developers can access the same functionality as Telegram's official apps to build their own messaging applications.
Telegram also provides a bot API for programmers to create different kinds of Telegram bots. Bots are simply Telegram accounts operated by software – not people – and they'll often have AI features. They can do anything – teach, play, search, broadcast, remind, connect, integrate with other services, or even pass commands to the Internet of Things.
Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.
Private. None of your data is ever stored anywhere else other than on your computers. There is no central server that might be compromised, legally or illegally. Encrypted. All communication is secured using TLS. The encryption used includes perfect forward secrecy to prevent any eavesdropper from ever gaining access to your data. Authenticated. Every node is identified by a strong cryptographic certificate. Only nodes you have explicitly allowed can connect to your cluster.
Made by the company behind WordPress, Simplenote enables users to take notes, lists, and ideas. These notes are stored on the cloud and are accessible across multiple devices.
Simplenote's both client and server components are free and open-source. However, the service component of Simplenote requires free registration and accepting the terms of service.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly with your relatives without making a compromise on privacy or security. Make video calls, send messages, pictures, videos, documents, voice recordings, GIFs, contacts & location, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once and react to their messages with emojis -all with complete privacy-. Signal servers never have access to any of your communications and never store any of your data.
- Say Anything - Share text, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs and files for free. Signal uses your phone's data connection so you can avoid SMS (No longer supports SMS or MMS) and MMS fees.
- Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
- Make Privacy Stick - Add a new layer of expression to your conversations with encrypted stickers. You can also create and share your own sticker packs.
- Get Together with Groups - Group chats make it easy to stay connected to your family, friends, and coworkers.
- No ads. No trackers. No kidding. - There are no ads, no affiliate marketers, and no creepy tracking in Signal. So focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
- Remain Connected - Push notifications let you know when new messages have arrived, and they'll be waiting for you even if your battery dies or you temporarily lose service.
- View Source - All of our code is free, open, and available on GitHub (https://github.com/signalapp).
- Join Movements - Technology developed by Open Whisper Systems is trusted and used by millions of people around the world every day.
Shazam gives instant satisfaction for when you want to know the name of that song playing on the radio.
Just point your phone towards the music source to identify the track- you can also buy it instantly or share your discovery with friends and family.
• New discoveries from artists you’ve Shazamed appear automatically • Follow new artists with a tap of a button and see what those artists are Shazaming • Stay up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists you follow
KEY FEATURES • Enjoy music lyrics and YouTube videos • Preview songs with Apple Music and add them to Rdio and Spotify playlists * • Launch Pandora radio based on artists you discover • With Auto Shazam we'll keep finding tunes for you even when you leave the app
DISCOVER & BUY • Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real time charts • Quick links to Apple Music and the iTunes store • Connect Rdio or Spotify to play full tracks in Shazam • Check out recommended tracks to discover new music • Find out what’s popular in your town, your country and the world • Start an Apple Music radio station based on tracks you've Shazamed
CONNECT & SHARE • See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account • Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more...
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE • Shazam visual recognition gets you more - tap the camera icon to Shazam posters, magazines or books; anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo • Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader • Buy tickets to see your favorite artists in concert
- Everyone can add stations easily
- Sleep timer
- Alarm clock
- Record streams
- Music Player Daemon support
- ChromeCast support
- Completely open source: https://github.com/segler-alex/RadioDroid
PySolFC is a collection of more than 1000 solitaire card games. It is a fork of PySol Solitaire.
There are games that use the 52 card International Pattern deck, games for the 78 card Tarock deck, eight and ten suit Ganjifa games, Hanafuda games, Matrix games, Mahjongg games, and games for an original hexadecimal-based deck.
Its features include modern look and feel (uses Ttk widget set), multiple cardsets and tableau backgrounds, sound, unlimited undo, player statistics, a hint system, demo games, a solitaire wizard, support for user written plug-ins, an integrated HTML help browser, and lots of documentation.
PySolFC is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Pl@ntNet is an image sharing and retrieval application for the identification of plants.
It is developed by scientists from four French research organisations (Cirad, INRA, Inria and IRD), and the Tela Botanica network, with the financial support of Agropolis fondation.
Among other features, this free app helps identifying plant species from photographs, through a visual recognition software. Plant species that are well enough illustrated in the botanical reference database can be easily recognized. This app works on more than 3700 species of wild flora of the French territory, the species list is available through the application. The number of species and the number of images used by the application evolve with contributions of end users to the project.
It doesn’t allow the identification of ornamental plants. It works even better than the pictures submitted are focused on one organ. Pictures of tree leaves on uniform background provide the most relevant results.
If you correctly identify a species, you can participate to the project by submitting your observation with the "contribution" button. These contributions subject to a moderation process will be validated collaboratively.
To find this application on the web, go to the following link: http://identify.plantnet-project.org/fr/base/tree
Open Camera is an Open Source Camera app for Android phones and tablets. Features:
Option to auto-stabilise so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what. Expose your camera's functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, torch. Video recording (supports all available resolutions including HD). Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay). Option to take photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command "cheese". Configurable volume keys. Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users. Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control. Ability to lock orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Choice of save folder (including support for Lollipop's Storage Access Framework). Disable shutter sound. Overlay a choice of grids (including "rule of thirds") and crop guides. Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef). Apply a date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT). Yes you can take a selfie (also known as front camera), includes support for "screen flash". Support for (some) external microphones. Widget to automatically take a photo after launching. Support for Android 5 Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; RAW (DNG) files. Support for HDR and Exposure Bracketing (Camera2 only). Dynamic range optimisation mode for better quality photos. Small file size. Completely free, and no ads in the app. Open Source.
Nova Launcher is an highly customizable, performance driven, home screen replacement for Android 4.0+
FEATURES • Color Themes • Icon Themes • Scrollable Dock (Keep all your favorite apps on the dock, with up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.) • Customizable App Drawer • Change scrolling style, choose between horizontal paginated or vertical continuous • Scroll Effects • Infinite Scroll • Folder Icons • Backup/Restore • Widgets in dock • Widget Overlapping • Add multiple apps to the desktop or a folder at once • Select hidden activities from your favorite apps
Nova Launcher Prime Features (Paid version):
• Drawer Groups: • Unlimited custom tabs • Gestures • Hide Apps • Dock Swipes • Unread Counts (it works with Tesla Unread)
No YouTube account required. It doesn't need the YouTube API or any Google Play Services, as NewPipe only parses the YouTube in order to gain the information. Therefore this app can be used on devices without Google Services installed. NewPipe Extractor is used by other apps for this purpose.
NewPipe Legacy (Android 4.1+) version available on website.
- Search videos
- Display general information about a video
- Watch videos at resolutions up to 4K
- Listen to audio in the background, only loading the audio stream to save data
- Popup mode (floating player, aka Picture-in-Picture)
- Watch live streams
- Show/hide subtitles/closed captions
- Search videos and audios (on YouTube, you can specify the content language as well)
- Enqueue videos (and optionally save them as local playlists)
- Show/hide general information about videos (such as description and tags)
- Show/hide next/related videos
- Show/hide comments
- Search videos, audios, channels, playlists and albums
- Browse videos and audios within a channel
- Subscribe to channels (yes, without logging into any account!)
- Get notifications about new videos from channels you're subscribed to
- Create and edit channel groups (for easier browsing and management)
- Browse video feeds generated from your channel groups
- View and search your watch history
- Search and watch playlists (these are remote playlists, which means they're fetched from the service you're browsing)
- Create and edit local playlists (these are created and saved within the app, and have nothing to do with any service)
- Download videos/audios/subtitles (closed captions)
- Open in Kodi
- Watch/Block age-restricted material
- YouTube & YouTube Music - one of the most popular video and live streaming platforms, including music, news, gaming and much more. Best supported out of the five.
- PeerTube - a decentralized video platform. Any PeerTube instance can be added to NewPipe.
- SoundCloud - a streaming platform for music.
- Bandcamp - an artist-friendly platform for sharing music. It offers user-friendly DRM-free downloads.
- media.ccc.de - the video archive and live streaming platform of the German hacker and information security activist group Chaos Computer Club.
Super lightweight (~ 1/3 MB) yet flexible and powerful soft keyboard. Plus an English plugin still less than 1 MB. (Swype ~15 MB, Minuum ~18 MB, Google Keyboard ~15 MB, Swiftkey ~8 MB, TouchPal ~ 8.5MB)
- Android L Tested
- All in one, multilingual ( Cover >130 languages)
- Accurate gesture input (swipe)
- PC keyboard layout possible
- Gesture oriented (super fast to enter special symbols, words or sentences)
- Resizable and easy positioning. Fits all screen sizes (phone, phablet, tablet…)
- Unlimited themes with style and color mixing (mix your very own shade of pink or purple ).
- Better color Emoji Sticker ?👍🙋 for KitKat, smiley :-) , emoticon 😁, symbols ???? , kaomoji (?°?°)? feel free to create your own ?(ˆ?ˆ?)
- Fun text transformation tool: ????ï? ?e??, 🇧🇮🇬, ??????? or wide.
- Calculator i.e. (4+5)-(6-3)=6
- Split, floating (for ssh terminal) or dock.
- Multiple layouts: QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, DVORAK… or design your own (DIY, Chubon, KALQ)
- 5-row or 4-row layouts
- Ultra customizable. The only one that let you design your own layout (DIY layout)
- Easy switch between languages, layouts, voice input, or even other keyboards.
- T9 prediction
- Flick or Multi-tap
- Romaji or Flick keyboard.
- 6 predefined layout for ??? (???, ???, Flick…)
- Edit mode (lockable). You can select text, copy, cut and paste …
- Modern or retro (DIY)
- Colorful, pink, purple, neon or monochrome (Mix it yourself)
- Physical or Bluetooth keyboard (all keys can be remapped to the soft layout)
- No internet permission = safer
Messenger Lite is a fast and data-efficient messaging app to reach the people in your life.
Installs quickly. It's less than 10MB to install, saving storage space on your phone. Saves data. It loads fast, runs efficiently and uses less mobile data. Works everywhere. Reach people when you're in an area with a slow or unstable internet connection.
With Messenger Lite, you can:
Contact anyone on Messenger, Facebook or Facebook Lite. See when people are active and available to chat. Message people one-on-one or in groups to catch up or make plans. Send photos, videos and links, or express yourself with stickers and emojis. Make voice calls for free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply). Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries!
With its intuitive, yet powerful, interface, Librera makes ebook reading a veritable pleasure. It even features a unique auto-scrolling, hands-free Musician's mode. Two versions are available for downloading: Free version with ads, and PRO without (the free version obtainable via F-Droid is also ad-free). MAIN FEATURES: Easy document discovery by configurable criteria: Auto-Scan Browse Recent (featuring a reading-progress indicator) Support for bookmarks, annotations, and EPUB3 tables of contents Support for clouds and online catalogs Configurable Day and Night modes Configurable link color (hence, footnotes and endnotes color) Support for many popular online (including translators) and offline dictionaries Vertical-scroll lock Auto- and manual centering of documents Custom CSS code input Single-page view of two-page documents Musician's mode with configurable scroll speed Customizable TTS reading and built-in media player Multi-word text search Online document conversion Reading of archived (.zip) documents Support for RTL languages (Thai, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.) Import and export of settings, auto-backup of current session Leading initials in FB2 documents And a whole bunch of other features for you to check out. You can easily create self-maintained libraries of all your documents by specifying which formats to include and which folders to scan. All document collections can be viewed as a list or grid. Documents are easily identified by size- and style-adjustable thumbnail covers and detailed descriptions. Your library can be sorted by path, name, size, date, etc., and there is a filter to help locate specific documents or document groups. While reading, documents can be locked into a vertical-scroll-only mode and their navigation set to either page- or screen-flipping. Text can be reflowed and annotated. Volume keys' functionality is configurable, and backgrounds and fonts customizable via the intuitive Settings window. Excerpts can be translated, shared, copied, and searched for on the Internet.
K-9 is an open source email client for Android with multi-folder sync, email signatures, Bcc-to-self, return-address configuration, keyboard shortcuts, Exchange Support, message flagging, IMAP deletes, saving attachments, configurable notifications and more.
Frost is a third party Facebook wrapper geared towards design and functionality. It contains many features, including:
Support for multiple accounts and fast switching Full theming across all activities PIP videos Overlaying browser to read posts and get right back to your previous task Extensive notification support, with bundling, filtering, battery friendly scheduling, icons, and multi user support Context menu from any link via long press Native image viewer and downloader via long press Reactive based loading The transparency of open sourced development Frost is the only third party Facebook app to have:
Transparent themes and a fully customizable theme engine True multiuser support, along with multiuser notifications Fully swipable overlays Fully customizable tabs
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
Face Slim is an unofficial Facebook application for Android devices that resembles the Facebook Mobile Web Application before Facebook started removing features. FaceSlim is free of spyware, unlike what is built into the official Facebook and Facebook Messenger applications.
The F-Droid Repository is an easily-installable catalogue of free and open source apps for Android. With F-Droid, it's easy to browse and install apps on your device, and keep track of updates. You can also browse the repository with a web browser, and download the app directly from there, if you can’t or don’t want to run the F-Droid client on your device.
All applications in the default repository must be Free and Open Source software – for example, released under a GPL or Apache license. Every effort is made to verify that this is actually the case, both by visual inspection of the source, and by building the application from the published source.
Software that reports user activity without permission (e.g. via Google Analytics) or tracks user behaviour (e.g. most advertising platforms) is specifically excluded from FDroid’s own repository, as is software with the primary purpose of interacting with a non-Free network service. You are, of course, free to set up your own repository for this kind of software – the server source is available, and the client will allow addition or removal of repositories as you see fit.
F-Droid originated as a fork of Aptoide. F-Droid can be installed from its website or from within Aptoide, but it is not available for download in Google Market.
DiskUsage provides a way to find out which files and directories on the SD card of your Android phone are consuming the most space. It displays diagram with directories/subdirectories proportional to their size. Users are allowed to zoom in to look at specific directory content.
ColorDict is a StarDict compatible universal dictionary for Android. You can search words and idioms in many dictionaries at once. You don't need an internet connection to search because StarDict dictionaries are stored in the sdcard. There are many kinds of StarDict dictionaries on the internet. Supports StarDict, Wikipedia, and Wordnet.
This is a simple book catalogue application, to store a list of your books. Books can be added either manually, by ISBN, or by barcode.
The obvious; you can add, edit, and display a list of books Books can be sorted by Author or Title. Books can be automatically added by typing in the ISBN or scanning the barcode. It will search Google Books for details (and download a thumbnail). Multiple Books lists (or bookshelfs). For example I like to keep my Doctor Who books seperate from my normal fiction books. You can search for a book by title, author or series. When adding or editing books author, series and publisher should display a suggestion list When downloading book information, authors and titles are converted to proper case. e.g. “The murder on the links” becomes “The Murder on the Links” Using ISBN or Barcode scanning will also download a thumbnail (if available)
AntennaPod gives you access to millions of free and paid podcasts, from independent podcasters to large publishing houses such as the BBC, NPR and CNN. Add, import and export their feeds hassle-free using the iTunes podcast database, OPML files or simple RSS URLs. Save effort, battery power and mobile data usage with powerful automation controls for downloading episodes (filtering episodes, specify times, intervals and WiFi networks) and deleting episodes (based your favourites and delay settings).
But most importantly: Download, stream or queue episodes and enjoy them the way you like with adjustable playback speeds, chapter support and a sleep timer. You can even show your love to the content creators with our Flattr integration.
Made by podcast-enthousiast, AntennaPod is free in all senses of the word: open source, no costs, no ads.
IMPORT, ORGANIZE AND PLAY • Add and import feeds via the iTunes and gPodder.net directories, OPML files and RSS or Atom links • Manage playback from anywhere: homescreen widget, system notification and earplug and bluetooth controls • Enjoy listening your way with adjustable playback speed, chapter support, remembered playback position and an advanced sleep timer • Access password-protected feeds and episodes • Take advantage of paged feeds (www.podlove.org/paged-feeds)
KEEP TRACK, SHARE & APPRECIATE • Mark episodes as favourite • Share episodes and feeds through advanced social media and email options, the gPodder.net services and via OPML export • Support content creators with Flattr integration including automatic flattring
CONTROL THE SYSTEM • Take control over automated downloading: choose feeds, exclude mobile networks, select specific WiFi networks, require the phone to be charging and set times or intervals • Manage storage by setting the amount of cached episodes, smart deletion and selecting your preferred download location • Back-up your subscriptions with the gPodder.net integration and OPML export
Memorize anything with AnkiDroid! (Android companion app for Anki )
AnkiDroid lets you learn flashcards very efficiently by showing them just before you will forget. It is fully compatible with the spaced repetition software Anki (including synchronization), which is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
Study all sorts of things wherever and whenever you want. Make good use of idle times on bus trips, in supermarket queues or any other waiting situation!
Create your own flashcard decks or download free decks compiled for many languages and topics (more than 6000 available).
Add material through the desktop application Anki or directly through Ankidroid. The application even supports adding material automatically from a dictionary!
Key features: • supported flashcard contents: text, images, sounds, LaTeX • spaced repetition (supermemo 2 algorithm) • text-to-speech integration • more than 6000 premade decks • progress widget • detailed statistics • syncing with AnkiWeb • open source
Additional features: • write answers (optional) • whiteboard • card editor/adder • card browser • tablet layout • import existing collection files (via Anki Desktop) • dictionary integration (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Leo.org, Aedict, diverse web dictionaries) • add cards by intent from other applications like dictionaries • custom font support • full backup system • navigation by swipe, tap • customisable • dynamic deck handling • night mode • 27 localisations • All previous AnkiDroid versions can be downloaded from the website