Daily self-defense in the computer technician's routine
UserBenchmark is a free all-in-one benchmarking application. Benchmark your CPU, GPU, SSD, HDD and USB Drives then compare results with other users and see which parts you can upgrade together with the expected performance improvements. CPU benchmarks bias toward Intel.
How it works
- Download and run UserBenchMark.
- CPU tests include: integer, floating and string.
- GPU tests include: six 3D game simulations.
- Drive tests include: read, write, sustained write and mixed IO.
- RAM tests include: single/multi core bandwidth and latency.
- SkillBench (space shooter) tests user input accuracy.
- Reports are generated and presented on userbenchmark.com
- Identify the strongest components in your PC.
- See speed test results from other users.
- Compare your components to the current market leaders.
- Explore your best upgrade options with a virtual PC build.
- Compare your in-game FPS to other users with your hardware.
Free Edition supports scheduled backup, incremental backup and differential backup of partitions, hard-disks AND folders. Restrictions: no cleanup of backups and no command-line-backups as you can do with Macrium Reflect Free Edition.
AOMEI Backupper is an easy-to-use Backup & restore software for PC and Server.
Backup: file backup, system backup, disk/partition backup, etc. Clone: disk clone, partition clone, volume clone
Czkawka is a simple, fast, written in Rust and easy to use app to remove unnecessary files from your computer.
- Written in memory safe Rust
- Amazingly fast - due using more or less advanced algorithms and multithreading support
- Free, Open Source without ads
- Multiplatform - works on Linux, Windows and macOS
- Cache support - second and further scans should be a lot faster than the first one
- CLI frontend, very fast and powerful with rich help
- GUI GTK frontend - uses GTK 4 framework and looks similar to FSlint
- Rich search option - allows setting absolute included and excluded directories, set of allowed file extensions or excluded items with * wildcard
- No spying - Czkawka does not have access to the Internet, nor does it collect any user information or statistics
- Multiple tools to use:
- Duplicates - Finds duplicates basing on size(fast), hash(accurate), first 1MB of hash(moderate)
- Empty Folders - Finds empty folders with the help of advanced algorithm
- Big Files - Finds provided number of the biggest files in given location
- Empty Files - Looks for empty files across disk
- Temporary Files - Allows finding temporary files
- Similar Images - Finds images which are not exactly the same(different resolution, watermarks)
- Zeroed Files - Find files which are filled with zeros(usually corrupted)
- Same Music - Search for music with same artist, album etc.
- Invalid Symbolic Links - Shows symbolic links which point to non-existent files/directories
- Broken Files - Finds files with an invalid extension or that are corrupted
- Bad Extensions - Lists files whose content not match with their extension
- Same familiar workflow across platforms.
- Built-in package manager.
- File system browser.
- Advanced find-and-replace that works across multiple files and folders.
- Smart autocompletion.
Revo Uninstaller helps uninstall software from Windows systems and has a free and a pro version. Its main purpose is to remove unnecessary files and registry entries left behind by incomplete program uninstallation routines. Revo Uninstaller is a much faster and more powerful alternative to "Windows Add or Remove Programs" applet.
winstall is powered by Windows Package Manager (aka "winget"), Microsoft's new package manager for Windows 10. Windows Package Manager is currently in preview, and it is not available by default in Windows 10.
Chocolatey NuGet is a Machine Package Manager, somewhat like apt-get, but built with Windows in mind. It is built on top of NuGet command line and the NuGet infrastructure. In terms of updates, it allows you to update nearly everything on your machine with a few simple keystrokes.
Rescuezilla is a free, easy-to-use hard drive disk cloning and imaging application that boots as a live USB. Rescuezilla is fully interoperable with Clonezilla . This means that backups created by Clonezilla can be restored with Rescuezilla, and vice versa.
Rescuezilla can mount and explore backup images to extract individual files. Rescuezilla is an extremely easy-to-use graphical environment for system rescue, including full system backup, bare metal recovery, partition editing, undeleting files, web browsing, and more.
Rescuezilla was forked from Redo Backup and Recovery in 2019 after a long period of inactivity since 2012. In 2020 the original project was resumed with the shorter name Redo Rescue .
Rescuezilla can be booted on any PC or Mac from a USB stick, or CD, and uses the exact same reliable, battle-tested image format Clonezilla uses.
Easy graphical user interface boots from USB in seconds No installation needed; runs from a USB stick or a CD-ROM Saves and restores Windows, Mac and Linux machines Fully interoperable with Clonezilla, the industry-standard trusted by tens of millions Also supports virtual machine images: VirtualBox (VDI), VMWare (VMDK), Hyper-V (VHDx), Qemu (QCOW2), raw (.dd, .img) and many more Access your files even if you can't log in Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files Internet access with a full-featured browser to download drivers
FFmpeg is the leading multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter and play pretty much anything that humans and machines have created. It supports the most obscure ancient formats up to the cutting edge. No matter if they were designed by some standards committee, the community or a corporation. It is also highly portable: FFmpeg compiles, runs, and passes our testing infrastructure FATE across Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, etc. under a wide variety of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
It contains libavcodec, libavutil, libavformat, libavfilter, libavdevice, libswscale and libswresample which can be used by applications. As well as ffmpeg, ffplay and ffprobe which can be used by end users for transcoding and playing.
The FFmpeg project tries to provide the best technically possible solution for developers of applications and end users alike. To achieve this we combine the best free software options available. We slightly favor our own code to keep the dependencies on other libs low and to maximize code sharing between parts of FFmpeg. Wherever the question of "best" cannot be answered we support both options so the end user can choose.
Everyone is welcome in FFmpeg and all contributions are welcome too. We are happy to receive patches, pull requests, bug reports, donations or any other type of contribution.
Security is a high priority and code review is always done with security in mind. Though due to the very large amounts of code touching untrusted data security issues are unavoidable and thus we provide as quick as possible updates to our last stable releases when new security issues are found.
Sumatra PDF is a free PDF, eBook (ePub, Mobi), XPS, DjVu, CHM, Comic Book (CBZ and CBR) viewer for Windows.
Sumatra PDF is powerful, small, portable and starts up very fast.
Simplicity of the user interface has a high priority.
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application (39 languages) that everyone should have in their toolkit. ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats. It can burn Audio CDs from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM. You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
Note: ImgBurn cannot write a multi-session disc, and may not even support one.
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio.
The main features of 7-Zip
High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression Supported formats: Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z. For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats Self-extracting capability for 7z format Integration with Windows Shell Powerful File Manager Powerful command line version Plugin for FAR Manager Localizations for 87 languages
7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix and macOS.
Move your files around the web with high-performance file transfer service that secured with blockchain technology.
Upload file Upload your file to BlackHole, and create a private-link to the file.
Send link Share the private-link with anyone to access the file – download without registration.
Blockchain meets file transfer. Thanks to Blockstack 1 encrypted storage, we use blockchain technology to host encrypted segments of your file. There is no one-source-of-knowledge, so that no one can sell your personal data. That means what or whom you share the file with, stays private to only you. Keep your privacy without breaking your flow.
Add more protection. Add a password. Go ahead, add extra password protection layers to your files, and make sure your files delivers only to the right person.
Files are downloadable immediately. Don't waste time on uploading progress. Share links are downloadable while the uploading progress continues. It's like magic, and BlackHole with real-time data streaming makes it happen.
Save up to 90% in your time and bandwidth. We take performance seriously, that’s why BlackHole has one of the fastest file sharing protocol available. File compress 2 simultaneously on uploading process, it can save up to 90% in your time and bandwidth.
Maximize privacy with advanced security. BlackHole encrypts your files end-to-end, so you don’t need to worry about your privacy. We achieve this goal by the power of the blockchain and having multi-layers of security.
With the rise of widespread government monitoring programs, Tox is an easy to use application that allows you to connect with friends and loved ones without anyone else listening in.
Tox is built with the idea that you can keep up with friends and family without having your privacy violated. While other big-name services require you to pay to unlock features, Tox is free in both price, and in liberty. That is, you’re free to do whatever you wish with Tox.
Some Tox binary official frontends:
- Windows: uTox updater, µTox, qTox, Toxy, Konv
- OS X: qTox, Poison, uTox, Toxic, Konv
- Linux: uTox, Toxic, qTox, Ricin, Konv
- Android: Antox, TrRiFA, Konv
- iOS: Antidote, Konv
- FreeBSD: uTox, qTox, Toxic, Konv
Freenom World is a fast and anonymous Public DNS resolver. The Domain Name System (DNS) is the phone book of the internet. Every time you visit a website or send an email, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Freenom World ensures these lookups are done faster, anonymous and more secure. Freenom World is free to use by everyone in the world. Millions of internet users are already using Freenom World.
OpenDNS is the leading provider of security and infrastructure services that make the Internet safer through integrated Web content filtering, anti-phishing and DNS. OpenDNS services enable consumers and network administrators to secure their networks from online threats, reduce costs and enforce Internet-use policies. OpenDNS is used today by millions of users and organizations around the world.
Free WebFilter and can block facebook secure (HTTPS ) , MSN Messenger conversations , social network Orkut, twitter and block inappropriate sites .
WPS Office is a free, lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility. Capable of handling texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF files. The suite includes WPS Writer , WPS Presentation and WPS Spreadsheet
- WPS Office features an all-in-one design, which means you can open, create, and edit files of multiple formats in one client. However, it does not mean that you cannot pull out the interfaces separately. Whenever it is necessary, you can pull out the interface you need to form a new interface for editing.
- WPS Office can be downloaded in Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems, with no features compromised. After you sign in to your account, you can open, edit, and save your files on your computer and mobile devices. Of course, you do not have to worry about the security of your documents. WPS Office aims to ensure user privacy and document security, and there have been no document leakage or security alerts.
- WPS Office provides a document collaboration feature. You can share your documents with colleagues or leaders, and they can collaborate with you to edit and modify the same document in an efficient manner.
- WPS Office provides 13 language versions to serve users in different countries and regions and bring them more convenience in product use. It allows users to choose the language as required during the installation process. At the same time, the WPS Office team is optimizing the languages to offer a better user experience.
- WPS Office is a piece of free editing software, but it has been supported by sophisticated technical and customer service teams. WPS Office aims to solve users' problems in a timely and effective manner and improve user experience. You can rest assured that the WPS Office customer service team will never ignore your feedback. We value the experience of each user.
ONLYOFFICE is an open-source online collaborative office combining editors for documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms. It is compatible with all popular formats and features maximum support for MS Office files.
With ONLYOFFICE Docs, you can create and edit complex objects, apply professional formatting to texts and paragraphs, use academic layout tools, and use third-party plugins to translate, search thesaurus, publish texts, insert videos, make video and audio calls, create bibliographies, and more.
Form editor allows you to build e and fill online forms and document templates and export the ready files as fillable PDFs and files in other formats.
Document viewer provides a comfortable interface for viewing PDF, DjVu, and XPS files.
In ONLYOFFICE Docs, you can collaborate with your colleagues in two co-editing modes (real time and paragraph-locking), add comments with mentions, use Track Changes and review features, browse and restore document versions, compare files.
Data security is provided by end-to-end encryption of documents, HTTPS, JWT, and limited cache lifetime.
ONLYOFFICE Docs can be integrated in over 30 existing Sync&Share platforms and CMS like Nextcoud, ownCloud, Jira, Redmine, Confluence, Alfresco, and others. It is possible to create new integration apps using Open API.
ONLYOFFICE Docs is offered in three editions: free Community Edition for teams of up to 20 users, Enterprise Edition for business, and Home Server for home use.
ONLYOFFICE Docs Developer Edition is distributed as a component for web apps to add document editing and collaboration functionality to a service written on any programming language under own branding.
Another option is ONLYOFFICE Workspace in the cloud or on private network where ONLYOFFICE Docs is combined with native productivity platform that includes DMS, project management tools, CRM, mail, calendars, and social hub. ONLYOFFICE Workspace is available as a cloud service and as a self-hosted solution.
ONLYOFFICE Docs can be used in the desktop environment as ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors. Mobile editors for both iOS and Android are also available for free with ability to work on device, or in any compatible cloud storage.
Script/Utility/Application to debloat Windows 10. This comes in hand when setting up new Windows 10 machines without needing to manually remove the bloatware found within Windows 10, along with some "fail safe" features via the Revert-Changes function, and even stops Windows from installing the bloatware in new user profiles.
HWiNFO are professional hardware information and diagnostic tools supporting latest components, industry technologies and standards. Both tools are designed to collect and present the maximum amount of information possible about computers hardware which makes them suitable for users searching for driver updates, computer manufacturers, system integrators and technical experts as well. Retrieved information is presented in a logical and easily understandable form and can be exported into various types of reports.
This application provides driver and software updates for your Intel hardware.
Brave Web Browser is a fast, free, secure web browser with a built-in ad blocker*, tracking and security protection, and optimized data and battery experience.
*What is Brave Ad Replacement?
Brave’s goal is to speed up the web, stop bad ads and pay publishers. One of the ways we plan to accomplish this is with ad replacements. We will also invite users to fund their wallets and to use those funds to pay the publishers of their favorite websites.
Enables you to share files with anyone directly from your computer or phone. Nothing is ever stored online. Your data stays in your hands, as it should be.
ToffeeShare uses an end to end encrypted peer to peer technology to transfer files directly from your mobile phone to other devices.
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Web servers are started locally on your computer and made accessible to other people as Tor onion services.
By default, OnionShare web addresses are protected with a random password. A typical OnionShare address might look something like this:
You’re responsible for securely sharing that URL using a communication channel of your choice like in an encrypted chat message, or using something less secure like unencrypted e-mail, depending on your threat model.
The people you send the URL to then copy and paste it into their Tor Browser to access the OnionShare service.
If you run OnionShare on your laptop to send someone files, and then suspend it before the files are sent, the service will not be available until your laptop is unsuspended and on the Internet again. OnionShare works best when working with people in real-time.
Because your own computer is the web server, no third party can access anything that happens in OnionShare, not even the developers of OnionShare. It’s completely private. And because OnionShare is based on Tor onion services too, it also protects your anonymity.
FastCopy is the fastest copy, delete, & sync software on Windows. It uses modern checksum verification to ensure copy accuracy and data integrity. It handles long Unicode path names over MAX_PATH (260 bytes), and automatically optimizes copy mode operations between the same storage device, or different storage devices.
In Diff HDD mode, reading and writing are multithreaded in parallel. Same HDD mode uses a larger read buffer so write operations will not cause slow disk thrashing. Because FastCopy doesn't use the OS cache, other applications and processes remain fast, and speed approaches the limit of the storage device. High performance is obtained from using the Win32 API instead of MFC.
FastCopy has an Include/Exclude filter that allows you to customize large file operations, and it has a job manager. FastCopy can automatically run only one operation at a time, to avoid disk thrash, and achieve the highest possible speed. FastCopy is freeware.
Get rid of error message like Error deleting or renaming file or folder, cannot delete folder: its being used by another person or program Unlocker application was designed to be a very useful Windows Explorer extension allowing users with a simple right-click on a file or folder to easily get rid of error message such as error deleting file or folder, cannot delete or rename folders. 17 languages.
Clam AntiVirus is an open source (GPL) anti-virus toolkit for UNIX, designed especially for e-mail scanning on mail gateways. It provides a number of utilities including a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner and advanced tool for automatic database updates. The core of the package is an anti-virus engine available in a form of shared library.
ClamAVis also available for Windows as the result of a partnership between Immunet Corporation (http://www.immunet.com) and Sourcefire, Inc. (http://www.sourcefire.com). It is designed to provide the ClamAV community with a free Windows-specific Anti-Virus (AV) solution using an advanced Cloud-based protection mechanism. Smallest of all AV-applications: only 3.45MB download-file (32bit). You can use ClamAV For Windows as a stand-alone, host-based AV solution, or in conjunction with your pre-installed AV solution to provide enhanced detection for the latest malware threats.
Immunet FREE Antivirus is the lightest anti-virus application, providing the fast protection against new viruses, because it protects through the cloud using the ClamAV engine. Install/Hardisk-Filesize: 5/10 MB. Community Based Protection, Cloud Computing,Collective Intelligence; Language: English only.
A malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from a CD, DVD, or a USB. It has direct access to the disc and the file system, and therefore is capable of removing the most persistent threats.
- Microsoft Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000
- Microsoft Windows Server 012, 2012 R2, 2008 (x86 and x64), 2008 R2, 2003 (x86 and x64), 2000
- Microsoft Small Business Server 2011, 2008, 2003
BleachBit deletes unnecessary files to free valuable disk space, maintain privacy, and remove junk.
Rid your system of old clutter including cache, cookies, Internet history, localizations, logs, temporary files, and broken shortcuts.
Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean Adobe Acrobat Reader, APT, Bash, Beagle, Chromium, Epiphany, Mozilla Firefox, Flash, GIMP, Google Chrome, Google Earth, Internet Explorer, Java, KDE, OpenOffice.org, Opera, RealPlayer, Safari, Second Life viewer, Skype, VIM, XChat, Yum, and more.
BleachBit has never bundled any junk like browser toolbars.
Barrier is a cross-platform software utility for sharing your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk. It was forked from Synergy version 1.9's codebase.
As a keyboard, video, and mouse utility, Barrier aims to maintain the simplicity found in Synergy versions released before 2.0. Barrier's goals are the following:
• Let you use your keyboard and mouse from machine A to control machine B (or more) • Hassle-free reliability • Compatibility, with the aim being to "just work" with Windows, macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD • Development communication by utilizing the open source development and release model
While focused on simplicity and ease of use, Barrier does support both clipboard sharing and SSL encryption.
Barrier currently does not support drag-and-drop on Linux kernel-powered operating systems, and it will not run at all on 32-bit versions of Windows. Windows 7 or later is required.
AnyDesk offers a fast, intuitive and security-focused way to connect to remote computers. With a bevy of features and lightweight design that works across multiple desktop and mobile platforms, it's powerful enough for enterprises but easy enough for personal and home office use. Access your programs remotely, transfer files between devices and record sessions with ease. And for security purposes, you can easily set up your own network to take full control of your data.
The interface can be themed to comply with company branding to provide the most comfortable experience for end users needing support. A lightweight and small download makes it fast and easy. And it's available across all modern systems from Mac, Windows, Linux and even Raspberry Pi, to Android and iOS.
VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Not only is VirtualBox an extremely feature rich, high performance product for enterprise customers, it is also the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
Presently, VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh, and Solaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4, 2.6, 3.x and 4.x), Solaris and OpenSolaris, OS/2, and OpenBSD.
Virtualbox is available in 28 languages.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
JDownloader is a free, open source download manager. It simplifies and improves the process of downloading files from Websites, Cloud-Storage Providers, Social Media Networks and File Hosting Sites.
JDownloader offers downloading in multiple parallel streams, throttling, resuming, CAPTCHA recognition, and automatic file extraction. It supports Click'n'Load and container files like DLC, RSDF and CCF. A large developer community ensures that current individual page-specific download scripts are kept up to date and valuable time is saved on the basis of the expandable basic framework.
It can also be used as a service on a server or Network Attached Storage (NAS) and controlled via My.JDownloader.Org from a web browser or smartphone.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers:
• https://forum.qbittorrent.org • https://wiki.qbittorrent.org • https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
Kali Linux is a Debian-derived Linux distribution designed for digital forensics and penetration testing, originally forked from Backtrack Linux by the Offensive Security team.
Kali Linux is preinstalled with numerous penetration-testing programs, including Nmap (a port scanner), Wireshark (a packet analyzer), John the Ripper (a password cracker), and Aircrack-ng (a software suite for penetration-testing wireless LANs). Users may run Kali Linux from a hard disk, live CD, or live USB. It is a supported platform of the Metasploit Project's Metasploit Framework, a tool for developing and executing security exploits.
Kali Linux is distributed in 32- and 64-bit images for use on hosts based on the x86 instruction set, as well as an image for the ARM architecture for use on the Raspberry Pi computer and on Samsung's ARM Chromebook.
HDD Low Level Format Tool is a utility for low-level hard disk drive formatting.
- Supported interfaces: S-ATA (SATA), IDE (E-IDE), SCSI, SAS, USB, FIREWIRE.
- Big drives (LBA-48) are supported.
- Supported Manufacturers: Maxtor, Hitachi, Seagate, Samsung, Toshiba, Fujitsu, IBM, Quantum, Western Digital, and almost any other not listed here.
- The program also supports low-level formatting of FLASH cards (SD, MMC, MemoryStick and CompactFlash) using a card-reader.
This HDD Low Level Format utility is free for home use. It can erase and Low-Level Format a SATA, IDE, SAS, SCSI or SSD hard disk drive. Will also work with any USB and FIREWIRE external drive enclosures as well as SD, MMC, MemoryStick and CompactFlash media.
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions: -Benchmark: measures the performance, -Info: shows detailed information, -Health: checks the health status by using SMART, -Error Scan: scans the surface for errors, -Temperature display, HD Tune may also work with other storage devices such as memory cards, USB sticks, iPods, etc.
GParted is a GTK+ frontend to GNU Parted and the official GNOME Partition Editor application. It is used for creating, deleting, resizing, moving, checking and copying partitions, and the file systems on them. This is useful for creating space for new operating systems, reorganizing disk usage, copying data residing on hard disks and mirroring one partition with another (disk imaging).
GParted is developed on GNU/Linux. It can be used on other operating systems, such as Windows or Mac OS X, by booting from media containing GParted Live, which can be installed on CD, USB, PXE server, and Hard Disk then run on an x86 machine.
The bootable image is called GParted Live and enables all the features of the GParted application.
YUMI (Your Universal Multiboot Installer), is the successor to MultibootISOs. It can be used to create a Multiboot USB Flash Drive containing multiple operating systems, antivirus utilities, disc cloning, diagnostic tools, and more. Contrary to MultiBootISO's which used grub to boot ISO files directly from USB, YUMI uses syslinux to boot extracted distributions stored on the USB device, and reverts to using grub to Boot Multiple ISO files from USB, if necessary.
Aside from a few distributions, all files are stored within the Multiboot folder, making for a nicely organized Multiboot Drive that can still be used for other storage purposes.
YUMI was originally intended to be used to store and run various "LIVE Linux" Operating Systems and tools from USB. Using YUMI to install Linux from USB to a Hard Drive works on some but not all distributions. (I'm working to address this).
YUMI Multiboot Bootable USB Flash Drive Creation
YUMI works much like Universal USB Installer, except it can be used to add more than one distribution to run Live from your Thumb Drive. USB Bootable Distributions can also be uninstalled using the same tool!
Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO files. With ventoy, you don't need to format the disk again and again, you just need to copy the iso file to the USB drive and boot it. You can copy many iso files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them (screenshot). Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. 200+ ISO files are tested (list). A "Ventoy Compatible" concept is introduced by ventoy, which can help to support any ISO file.
- 100% open source (license)
- Simple to use (Get started)
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from iso file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+) Notes
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported, 200+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode Notes
- "Ventoy Compatible" concept
- Plugin Framework
- Readonly to USB drive during boot
- USB normal use unafftected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released