Software that I use in my daily life.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers:
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
ONLYOFFICE is an open-source online collaborative office combining editors for documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms. It is compatible with all popular formats and features maximum support for MS Office files.
With ONLYOFFICE Docs, you can create and edit complex objects, apply professional formatting to texts and paragraphs, use academic layout tools, and use third-party plugins to translate, search thesaurus, publish texts, insert videos, make video and audio calls, create bibliographies, and more.
Form editor allows you to build e and fill online forms and document templates and export the ready files as fillable PDFs and files in other formats.
Document viewer provides a comfortable interface for viewing PDF, DjVu, and XPS files.
In ONLYOFFICE Docs, you can collaborate with your colleagues in two co-editing modes (real time and paragraph-locking), add comments with mentions, use Track Changes and review features, browse and restore document versions, compare files.
Data security is provided by end-to-end encryption of documents, HTTPS, JWT, and limited cache lifetime.
ONLYOFFICE Docs can be integrated in over 30 existing Sync&Share platforms and CMS like Nextcoud, ownCloud, Jira, Redmine, Confluence, Alfresco, and others. It is possible to create new integration apps using Open API.
ONLYOFFICE Docs is offered in three editions: free Community Edition for teams of up to 20 users, Enterprise Edition for business, and Home Server for home use.
ONLYOFFICE Docs Developer Edition is distributed as a component for web apps to add document editing and collaboration functionality to a service written on any programming language under own branding.
Another option is ONLYOFFICE Workspace in the cloud or on private network where ONLYOFFICE Docs is combined with native productivity platform that includes DMS, project management tools, CRM, mail, calendars, and social hub. ONLYOFFICE Workspace is available as a cloud service and as a self-hosted solution.
ONLYOFFICE Docs can be used in the desktop environment as ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors. Mobile editors for both iOS and Android are also available for free with ability to work on device, or in any compatible cloud storage.
Firefox Focus is the Mozilla-made browser that considers your privacy first and foremost. By default, it blocks ad-trackers and it helps keep things secure by providing easy ways to clear your browsing history, including passwords and cookies.
- Blocks a wide range of common Web trackers without any settings to set
- Easily erases your history — no passwords, no cookies, no trackers
- By removing trackers and ads, Web pages may require less data and load faster
meteoblue shows high precision weather forecasts combined with a beautiful, simple and easy to use design. Weather forecasts can be requested for any place on Earth easily and comfortably. Professional interactive weather maps of over 150 different variables.
What makes this app unique:
• Weather forecasts for any point on land or sea. • Compare the weather forecast of 30 different forecast models for your exact location • Widget: provides a quick overview of the current and future weather for a single location. • Background images matching current weather conditions at the selected location. • 7 days forecast: daily overview and detailed information for every single day with hourly or 3 hour values. Besides standard parameters like temperature, precipitation and wind information, unique features like predictability and rainSPOT give a better overview. • Meteogram 5 days: temperature curve with pictograms, cloud layers in different altitudes and wind forecast. • 14 days: trend forecast for minimum and maximum temperature as well as precipitation and precipitation probability. • Multimodel: forecasts of multiple different data models for a location. • Dynamic weather maps: instant overview of the weather situation over entire regions, countries, continents and the world. • Wind Animation: shows the movement of the air (windspeed and direction), coloured areas show the temperature. The wind animation is available worldwide. • Satellite map: observed cloud cover for North America, Central America, Europe, Africa and India, with lightning updates for selected areas. • Radar map: precipitation radar for Germany, Switzerland, Romania, USA and South America. Others will be added. • where2go: find the sunniest weather around your selected place. • Personalized settings: you can choose between various temperature, precipitation and wind speed units. • Offline mode: the app will save the weather data for each place until you are online again.
Smart Inbox automatically detects if an email is personal, a notification or a newsletter and groups it with similar emails for easy batch processing using beloved swipes. With just a glance, you can see if emails are important or just a product announcement from a service you've never used.
We all love the feeling of accomplishment when we have finally dealt with our inbox. Spark makes this easy to achieve. Quickly process your emails, swiping to archive or delete as necessary. Pin emails which relate to things you need to do today, or quickly swipe left to archive those you've already dealt with. If you can't finish a task today, swipe to snooze for tomorrow or another day (if you're really busy).
A few more reasons to love Spark:
UNIFIED INBOX See all of your important email at a glance, with a unified inbox which knows the difference between a personal email, a notification and a newsletter.
SMART SEARCH Use natural language to search through your emails. Type "attachments from Alex last week" to see all the emails sent to you last week by Alex with an attachment.
SIGNATURES Spark will automatically find your most used signatures. So you can quickly swipe between them when composing an email, to choose the one that's best suited.
QUICK REPLIES Let your friends and colleagues quickly know what you thought about their email with one tap to send a "Like", "Thanks" or any other custom reply.
SMART NOTIFICATIONS Enable Smart Notifications to only be disturbed by emails you care about.
SAVE ATTACHMENTS Save attachments to iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Readability, Pocket, Evernote, OneNote or any application on your iPhone and iPad.
SAVE EMAILs AS PDFs
TV Time is the tool you need to help you keep track of all the shows you love. TV Time helps you to:
- Organize all the shows you’re watching in one place
- Keep track of which episodes to watch next
- Remember when and where the next episode airs
- Find new series to watch later
- See what other fans are saying, spoiler-free
- Find videos, articles, and podcasts related to your recently watched episodes
TV Time allows you to keep track of all your live or streaming shows for free - including those on ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, The CW, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, MTV, Bravo, BBC, Channel 4, ITV, Sky and more!
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Cryptomator provides transparent, client-side encryption for your cloud. Protect your documents from unauthorized access. Cryptomator is free and open source software, so you can rest assured there are no backdoors.
Easy and Reliable
We understand simplicity as a key aspect of security. With Cryptomator you don't have to deal with accounts, key management, cloud access grants or cipher configurations. Just choose a password and you're ready to go.
You don't even need to specify what cloud you use. Cryptomator encrypts files and doesn't care where you store them. This makes it a lightweight application, which we believe is a huge benefit for reliability. Complexity would kill security.
Cryptomator is a so-called transparent encryption utility. This means that you don't have to learn new workflows. Just work with your files as you're used to.
Secure and Trustworthy
Cryptomator encrypts file contents and names using AES. Your passphrase is protected against bruteforcing attempts using scrypt. Directory structures and file sizes get obfuscated. The only thing which cannot be encrypted without breaking your cloud synchronization is the modification date of your files.
Cryptomator's desktop app is a free and open source software licensed under the MIT / X Consortium License. This allows anyone to check our code. It is impossible to introduce backdoors for third parties. Also we cannot hide vulnerabilities. And the best thing is: There is no need to trust us, as you can control us!
Vendor lock-ins are impossible. Even if we decided to stop development: The desktop source code is already cloned by hundreds of other developers. As you don't need an account, you will never stand in front of locked doors.
Browse privately: Encrypt your internet activity so no one can track or steal your data.
Change your IP: Increase your privacy and avoid tracking by using a different IP address.
Travel securely: Keep your digital freedom and security while using unprotected networks.
Plan includes: Unlimited devices No Logs Policy All advanced security features High-speed content delivery 30-day money-back guarantee 24/7 customer support
Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, MacOS, and web browser.
Private means your notes are end-to-end encrypted, so only you can read your notes. Even we can't read the contents of your notes.
Simple means it does one job and does it well. Standard Notes is a safe and lasting place for your life's work. Our focus is making it easy to write notes wherever you are and syncing them with encryption to all your devices.
Standard Notes comes free with: • Seamless sync across all your devices, with easy to use applications on iPhone, iPad, Mac, web browsers, and other platforms.
- Offline access, so you can access your downloaded notes even without a connection.
- No limit on number of devices.
- No limit on number of notes.
- Passcode lock protection, along with Touch ID and Face ID protection.
- A tagging system to organize your notes (like #work, #ideas, #passwords, #crypto).
- The ability to pin, lock, protect, and move notes to trash, which allows you to recover deleted notes until the trash is emptied.
We made Standard Notes simple because longevity is important to us. We want to make sure we're here, protecting your notes, for the next hundred years. You shouldn't have to find a new notes app every year.
To sustain our development, we offer optional paid subscriptions with additional benefits. A premium subscription gives you access to powerful tools including:
- Super note type
- Beautiful themes
- Web clipper
- Encrypted files
- Hardware security key support
Bitdefender comes with real time scanning that is called Virus Shield and an auto-scan mode that checks your system when the computer is idle. Game mode is fully automated and will be enabled when it detects a full screen application running. This antivirus is made to be as simple as possible so you won’t find any more setting options other than a few buttons to enable or disable the virus shield and auto scan. To scan the whole drive, you will have to right click on the drive letter from Explorer and select “Scan with Bitdefender”.
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
Spotify is a freemium music streaming service providing digital rights management-restricted content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group and Universal.
Music can be browsed by artist, album, genre, playlist, or record label, as well as by direct searches. On computers, a link allows the listener to purchase selected material via partner retailers.
Spotify music streaming is available on all mobile devices and on desktop computers for unlimited durations. Features like offline listening and ad-free playback are only available for Premium subscribers of the service.
Using Signal, you can communicate instantly with your relatives without making a compromise on privacy or security. Make video calls, send messages, pictures, videos, documents, voice recordings, GIFs, contacts & location, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once and react to their messages with emojis -all with complete privacy-. Signal servers never have access to any of your communications and never store any of your data.
- Say Anything - Share text, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs and files for free. Signal uses your phone's data connection so you can avoid SMS (No longer supports SMS or MMS) and MMS fees.
- Speak Freely - Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
- Make Privacy Stick - Add a new layer of expression to your conversations with encrypted stickers. You can also create and share your own sticker packs.
- Get Together with Groups - Group chats make it easy to stay connected to your family, friends, and coworkers.
- No ads. No trackers. No kidding. - There are no ads, no affiliate marketers, and no creepy tracking in Signal. So focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
- Remain Connected - Push notifications let you know when new messages have arrived, and they'll be waiting for you even if your battery dies or you temporarily lose service.
- View Source - All of our code is free, open, and available on GitHub (https://github.com/signalapp).
- Join Movements - Technology developed by Open Whisper Systems is trusted and used by millions of people around the world every day.
Discord is a communication platform used by various communities. It provides a space for regular interaction and allows private discussions. Discord servers are organized into topic-focused channels for easy collaboration and conversation. It offers voice channels for effortless communication and uses low latency voice and video technology.
Discord supports text, voice, and video communication. Users can video greet, live-stream games, host group screen shares, and create custom emojis from images. Users can share a range of content and pin preferred items for easy access.
Discord suits small groups and large fandoms. It offers customizable moderation tools and permission levels for user-specific group organization. Users can assign moderator roles, grant special members access to private channels, and manage their community effectively.
Authy is a simple way to manage two-factor authentication accounts. Authy supports Gmail, Dropbox, LastPass and thousands of other sites.
Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
Vivaldi is extremely customizable, presenting a wide range of settings and built-in features designed to put the user in control. Its Chromium-based engine makes it fast and compatible with most Chrome extensions, and Vivaldi removes the code that tracks users from it.
It includes fully customizable web browser behaviors, mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts, Quick Commands, the usual unlimited Speed Dial page, notes that can also be synchronized with the browser data, a webpage screenshot tool, a panel for displaying and managing bookmarks, history, etc, where users can also add their own web panels; the ability to edit the browser theme and toolbars by moving or removing buttons from the interface, moving the tab bar to the side or and/or the address bar to bottom of the window; powerful tab management with tab stacking, tiling and the windows panel, etc...
Vivaldi offers a built-in ad-blocker and partners with DuckDuckGo for the tracker blocker. There is also a support for blocking cookie banners https://vivaldi.com/blog/vivaldi-crumbles-cookie-dialogs-raises-privacy/ with the help of a popular extension named I don't care about cookies and Easylist Cookie List.
It's considered the spiritual successor of the original Opera browser before the complete rewrite that scrapped many of its features and options and the move of the ownership of Opera Software to a consortium of Chinese investors. Vivaldi Technologies was founded by the co-founder and former CEO of Opera, Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner, and Tatsuki Tomita.