HeidiSQL is a useful tool designed for web developers using the popular MySQL server, Microsoft SQL databases and PostgreSQL. It enables you to browse and edit data, create and edit tables, views, procedures, triggers and scheduled events. Also, you can export structure and data either to SQL file, clipboard or to other servers.
If you are looking for a proper tool to work with data and SQL queries with ad-hoc visual query builder, you must have a look at FlySpeed SQL Query. It connects to all modern database servers and works with all popular desktop databases and office file formats (CSV, Excel).
With FlySpeed SQL Query you can browse and edit data in the form of a grid or via the customizable form view, quickly find and filter data, set up master-detail views.
The visual query designer lets both build new SQL queries and represent off-the-shelf queries visually making the SQL query analysis and modification much simpler. Using FlySpeed SQL Query you can build parameterized queries, browse data from linked tables via foreign keys.
Your queries will be saved among with connection to database right beside the database objects tree and so you'll be able to continue your work from the point where you stopped last time. The history of SQL query execution is saved automatically; all the data representation settings made during the work session will be restored next time you start FlySpeed SQL Query.
The Free version provides full-featured workplace for working with SQL queries and browsing the result data.
The Full version lets save time and finish your job in seconds by exporting data to many popular office formats, print data, and save reports in PDF.
The special Portable version will allow you to have your database connection settings and queries always at hand. Install FlySpeed SQL Query to your cloud folder, network or portable drive and get access to your data and settings from all of your workstations.
Handy for professionals and a must-have to newbies, FlySpeed Database Query Tools are the best choice to make your work with data and SQL queries more productive than ever before!
dbForge Studio for SQL Server is a powerful IDE for SQL Server management, administration, development, data reporting and analysis. The tool will help SQL developers to manage databases, version-control database changes in popular source control systems, speed up routine tasks, as well, as to make complex database changes.
- Tool for source-controlling SQL databases
- Data Generator. More than 180 meaningful data generators, user-defined generator etc
- SQL Coding Assistance - code completion and formatting, SQL snippets, quick info and navigation.
- Table Designer allows to set table properties in the visual editors, edit scripts, rebuild tables and preview changes before modifying database objects
- Database Diagram
- Schema Compare allows to synchronize database schemas with complex object dependencies; Detect development errors early; create schema snapshots to capture database structure etc.
- T-SQL Code Analyzer
- Visual Index Editor
- Custom mapping for objects by their names
- Server Events Profiler
- T-SQL Debugger
- Query Profiler is an invaluable tool for detecting bottlenecks and optimization of slow query execution time
- Query Builder - use visual editors to create queries fast with a mouse click.
- Database Management - create, edit, copy, attach, detach, generate script of SQL Server Database
- Data Export and Import tools for filling a database with external source data and migrating data between systems.
- Data Compare tool for transferring data between servers
- Data Editor streamlines your work by providing comfortable editing, filtering, sorting, copying of randomly selected cells, quick data export to INSERT query and many other features for a higher productivity.
- Data Report designer is capable to generate reports in 9 formats.
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to SQL Database. SSMS provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL. Use SSMS to deploy, monitor, and upgrade the data-tier components used by your applications, as well as build queries and scripts.
Use SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to query, design, and manage your databases and data warehouses, wherever they are - on your local computer, or in the cloud.
SSMS can be used with Microsoft SQL Server for configuring, managing, and administering all components within Microsoft SQL Server. The tool includes both script editors and graphical tools which work with objects and features of the server.
Azure Data Studio (formerly SQL Operations Studio) is a free, light-weight tool, that runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux, for managing SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, and Azure SQL Data Warehouse; wherever they're running. It has the basic necessary function to handle what developer needs on working with SQL Server.