Programs I Use (some proprietary, some open source)
This is a list of programs I use for various purposes. Feel free to browse the list for recommendations.
Image & Video
I love using this software, it has most of the tools Adobe Photoshop has. I use it for various purposes, like making art, memes, and more. However, when it comes to using my drawing pad, I like using a different program.
This is my preferred raster image editor when I'm using my drawing pad. It is a terrific software with many tools, and is perfect for making cartoons.
Pinta is my preferred alternative to Microsoft Paint, which comes with the Windows installation. I love using this software along with Krita and GIMP.
When making logos, this is the perfect free vector graphics editor. It has a lot of stuff you might find useful, like 3D boxes, shapes, text, and many, many more!
ShareX is one of the gold standards for open source screenshot software, having a ton of sharing options for the screenshot.
This software can let you convert images to a large variety of formats, such as PNG, JPG, TGA, ICO, and many more.
This is my preferred video editor, 3d modeler (along with FreeCAD,) and VFX software. It supports a ton of effects & tools, and it is very versatile.
INRIA's Natron is an amazing software for making intros & lower thirds. It's perfect for your YouTube needs, and there are loads of tutorials on how to use this handy software. It has a similar GUI to NUKE, which costs money.
This is my preferred screen recorder for gaming videos, is full featured, and a perfect alternative to NCH Software's Debut Video Capture Software.
VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Simple, fast and powerful media player. Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3...
Even though I use VidCoder for video converting & transcoding, it is based on this software. You can remaster remaster videos, and rip DVDs.
Publishing & Ebooks
This is my preferred alternative to InDesign, and is perfect for publishers who can't afford Adobe's A-list publishing software.
Web, E-mail, torrents, and file sharing
KompoZer is a complete web authoring system that combines web file management and easy-to-use WYSIWYG web page editing.
KompoZer is designed to be extremely easy to use, making it ideal for non-technical computer users who want to create an attractive, professional-looking web site without needing to know HTML or web coding. It is based on the NVU source code.
Waterfox is a high performance browser based on the Mozilla platform. Made specifically for 64-Bit systems, Waterfox has one thing in mind: speed.
What makes Waterfox so fast?
It's built with Intel's C++ compiler. One of the most powerful compilers out there. This enables us to make the fastest possible web browser for all the code changes we make. This potent combination makes for an unparalleled browsing experience.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers:
• https://forum.qbittorrent.org • https://wiki.qbittorrent.org • https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues