Windows 10 Softwares
These are the software I use on my windows machine. I am interested in privacy protection. So, I mostly use open source software.
Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems
To encourage its adoption, Microsoft announced that during its first year of availability, Windows 10 would be made available free of charge to users of genuine copies of eligible editions of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Windows 10 introduces what Microsoft described as a "universal" application architecture; expanding on Metro-style apps, these apps can be designed to run across multiple Microsoft product families with nearly identical code—including PCs, tablets, smartphones, embedded systems, Xbox One, Surface Hub and HoloLens.
Windows 10's user interface was revised to handle transitions between a mouse-oriented interface and a touchscreen-optimized interface based on available input devices—particularly on laplets; both interfaces include an updated Start menu that comprises a design similar to Windows 7 with 8's tiles.
Windows 10 also introduces Task View, a virtual desktop system, the Microsoft Edge web browser and other new or updated applications.
Integrated support for fingerprint and face recognition login, new security features for enterprise environments, DirectX 12 and WDDM 2.0 to improve the operating system's graphics capabilities for games.
The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Brave Web Browser is a fast, free, secure web browser with a built-in ad blocker*, tracking and security protection, and optimized data and battery experience.
*What is Brave Ad Replacement?
Brave’s goal is to speed up the web, stop bad ads and pay publishers. One of the ways we plan to accomplish this is with ad replacements. We will also invite users to fund their wallets and to use those funds to pay the publishers of their favorite websites.
CPod: a simple, beautiful podcast app for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µTorrent. Additionally, qBittorrent runs and provides the same features on all major platforms (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD).
qBittorrent is based on the Qt toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar library.
• Polished µTorrent-like User Interface
• Well-integrated and extensible Search Engine Simultaneous search in most famous BitTorrent search sites Per-category-specific search requests (e.g. Books, Music, Movies)
• All Bittorrent extensions DHT, Peer Exchange, Full encryption, Magnet/BitComet URIs, ...
• Remote control through a Web user interface Nearly identical to the regular UI, all in Ajax
• Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents Torrents queueing and prioritizing Torrent content selection and prioritizing
• Natively integrated: When Downloads Completes Options (no need for additional script or plug-in) Exit, Suspend, Hibernate, Shutdown
• UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
• Available in ~41 languages (Unicode support)
• Torrent creation tool
• Advanced RSS support with download filters (inc. regex)
• Bandwidth scheduler
• IP Filtering (eMule and PeerGuardian compatible)
• IPv6 compliant
• Sequential downloading (aka "Download in order")
• Available on most platforms: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Free community support by volunteers:
EiskaltDC++ is a program for UNIX-like systems that uses the Direct Connect and ADC protocol. It is compatible with other DC clients, such as the original DC from Neomodus, DC++ and derivatives. EiskaltDC++ also interoperates with all common DC hub software.
Microsoft PowerToys is a set of utilities for power users aimed at enhancing Windows productivity. The available utilities include:
- PowerToys - Always on Top: Pin windows above others with a quick key shortcut (Win+Ctrl).
- PowerToys - Awake: Keeps your computer awake during tasks.
- PowerToys - Color Picker: System-wide color picking with Win+Shift+C.
- Crop And Lock: Create window crops or thumbnails.
- FancyZones: Manage window layouts and positions.
- File Explorer Add-ons: Enable Preview pane and thumbnail rendering.
- File Locksmith: Check file usage in File Explorer.
- Hosts File Editor: Edit the 'Hosts' file for IP addresses.
- Image Resizer: Resize images with a right-click.
- Keyboard Manager: Customize keyboard mappings and shortcuts.
- Mouse Utilities: Enhance mouse functionality.
- Mouse Without Borders: Control multiple computers from one keyboard and mouse.
- Paste as Plain Text: Paste clipboard text without formatting.
- Peek: Preview file content with a shortcut (Ctrl+Space).
- PowerRename: Bulk renaming, searching, and replacing of file names.
- Quick Accent: Type accented characters with a quick key combo.
- Registry Preview: Visualize and edit Windows Registry files.
- PowerToys Run: Search and launch apps instantly with Alt+Space.
- Screen Ruler: Measure pixels on-screen with Win+Shift+M.
- Shortcut Guide: Displays available shortcuts with Win+Shift+/.
- Text Extractor: Copy text from anywhere with Win+Shift+T.
- Video Conference Mute: Globally mute microphone and camera with Win+Shift+Q during a conference call.
BROWSERS AND INTERNET
Browsers are the main part of tasks. Using a browser that is fast and respects my privacy and provides lots of customization is very important.
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.