Made by the company behind WordPress, Simplenote enables users to take notes, lists, and ideas. These notes are stored on the cloud and are accessible across multiple devices.
Simplenote's both client and server components are free and open-source. However, the service component of Simplenote requires free registration and accepting the terms of service.
Record and save important information, brilliant ideas, and moments of everyday life easily and securely with SomNote.
UpNote is an elegant and powerful note app that works seamlessly across platforms: iOS, Mac and Windows.
UpNote is designed to help you take notes easily and stay focused on what matters most.
UpNote has beautiful fonts and elegant themes that you can adjust to make your writing experience most comfortable and pleasant.
You can immerse yourself in writing with focus mode. The design is clean and minimal which helps you stay free from any distraction. You could also enable typewriter mode to focus on your writing.
UpNote is an ideal place to keep your diary and journal. It has a powerful lock feature so that you can rest assured that your notes stay private and secure.
UpNote’s intuitive organizing system will keep your note space neat and light. There are many ways to organize your notes: putting them into notebooks, pinning your notes to the top of the note list, bookmarking them for quick reference or linking to other notes. You can also close any notebooks to focus on only most important one.
UpNote’s rich editor makes it perfect for planning and managing your tasks. Simply write down your to-do list and have them synced to all your devices.
UpNote offers highlight, text colors, table, nested list, code and many other important formatting tools so that you could easily format your notes.
UpNote syncs notes instantly on all devices. It also works reliably offline, so you could take note anytime, anywhere.
If you are a markdown user, UpNote is great for you too. It has intuitive shortcuts based on markdown, which makes it more fun to write notes. You can also export your notes to Markdown or PDF.
If your Mac has touch bar and Touch ID, UpNote supports them too. The touch bar helps you apply formats quickly without using a mouse. You can also use Touch ID to securely unlock your notes.
Record voice memos on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Then edit and share your recording.
Noted is an audio recording and note-taking app for lectures, meetings, interviews, conferences and more, making it easy to record every moment with confidence.
With a rich text editor for formatting and 3D Touch for instant audio preview, it is the ultimate audio note-taking companion. Every word you type is instantly timestamped, so your notes synchronize effortlessly with your recording.
Record & Playback
- Seek to a key moment using #TimeTag, without scrubbing through the whole audio
- Adjustable playback speed (0.5x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x etc)
- Noise reduction: remove unwanted background noise
- Preview your audio with 3D Touch
- Energy efficient background recording to preserve battery life
- Rich text editor: complete with formatting tools and options
- Capture or import images as references
- Make the most of your notes with the beautiful highlighter tool
- Drag text and images around the editor
- Support external keyboards
- Pin the most important notebooks to the top
- Categorise and easily search notebooks, notes and #TimeTag in one place
- Powerful full text search
- Secure & lock individual notes with a password or Touch ID/Face ID
Sync & Sharing
- Seamless and secure sync across multiple devices using iCloud
- Export text in .txt format, share as an attachment
- Export audio in .m4a format, share via AirDrop & more
- Share your note (complete with images, highlights and tags) with friends and colleagues
- Drag and drop content from other apps & websites
- Supports Multi-tasking features
- Write, record or playback while using other apps in split view
iNote Free is a simple and quick sticky notepad app. This helps you organize your notes, memos, messages, emails, shopping lists, check lists and to-do lists by COLOR. Taking color notes with iNote is never easier than before.
MANAGE NOTE BY COLOR Each note has a main color so you can group these notes by a color-category in a professional way like: memos, to-do lists, shopping lists, emails, travels, and ideas...
ADD IMAGES TO NOTE Notes now can attach photos. All photos are sync with icloud too.
DISPLAY NOTE WITH MANY OPTIONS You can view your notes in grid (like sticky note), quick list, or detail list. This app helps you sort notes by color, remind time, updated time, created time, or title name. So you can view these note quickly and super easily.
SYNC WITH ICLOUD, NEVER LOST YOUR NOTE Your notes is sync with your iCloud account, so you can take note on iPhone and use on your iPad and vise versa. You will never lost note because your data is saved on iCloud.
BACKUP & IMPORT EASILY You can backup your data, send via email then import them on all of your devices when ever you want. This app supports importing notes from ColorNote app on other devices, so you will never miss your notes.
FAST CREATE TODO LIST In the checklist mode, you can take note quickly and re-arrange to-do items easily. When clicking on each item, you can check or un-check as done by a quick tap. Checked item will be slashed like the way you check them on your notebook.
REMIND AND CALENDAR With each note, you can add a reminder. Then the app will notify you when the even happens. You can also repeat these events daily, weekly, monthly or yearly depend on your settings. And you can view these events in calendar mode. It will help you have a quick view of events on specific month and day.
PIN ON TODAY BOARD WIDGET You now can pin notes on to Today Board up to 12 notes, then you can access these note every where, at any time you need from Notification Center.
Joplin is a free, open source note taking and to-do application, which can handle a large number of notes organised into notebooks. The notes are searchable, can be copied, tagged and modified either from the applications directly or from your own text editor. The notes are in Markdown format.
Notes exported from Evernote via .enex files can be imported into Joplin, including the formatted content (which is converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.) and complete metadata (geolocation, updated time, created time, etc.). Plain Markdown files can also be imported.
The notes can be synchronised with various cloud services including Nextcloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, their own service (paid) or the file system (for example with a network directory). When synchronising the notes, notebooks, tags and other metadata are saved to plain text files which can be easily inspected, backed up and moved around.
The application is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. A Web Clipper, to save web pages and screenshots from your browser, is also available for Firefox and Chrome.
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- End To End Encrypted (E2EE) synchronisation (but not encrypted locally at rest)
- Synchronisation with various services, including NextCloud, Dropbox, WebDAV and OneDrive.
- Import Enex files (Evernote export format) and Markdown files.
- Export JEX files (Joplin Export format) and raw files.
- Support for to-dos and tags
- Support for notifications in mobile and desktop applications.
- Offline first, so the entire data is always available on the device even without an internet connection.
- Markdown notes. Support for extra features such as math notation, checkboxes and Fountain (screenwriting markup language).
- File attachment support, images, etc.
- Search functionality.
- Geo-location support.
- Supports multiple languages
- External editor support - open notes in your favorite external editor with one click in Joplin.
Use Notes to capture a quick thought, create checklists, sketch ideas, and more. And with iCloud, you can keep your notes up to date across all your devices.
With Notes in iOS and macOS, you can turn a list into an interactive checklist with a single tap. Or easily add a photo, map, or URL to a note. You can even draw a sketch with your finger on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. And thanks to iCloud, everything in your Notes are kept up to date across all your devices. So you can create a note on your Mac and check it on your iPhone when you’re on the go.
A note-taking app and organizer that helps you manage all your information in one place. Super-documents for establishing a convenient working environment with any type of content, embeds, and files. Scan the desired documents, add to-do lists, and structure your life properly with the unlimited number of workspaces. Access your files and documents on any device - even offline.
Make Nimbus Note a part of your brand, let your team and customers access it through your domain.
- Access from your domain eg.: notes.your-domain.com or wiki.your-company.com
- Connect to multiple domains (Multi-CNAMES)
- Branding for sign-in page and public links
- Optionally make public links index by search engines
- Client portal & guest accounts
Microsoft OneNote, part of the Microsoft 365 (Office), is a digital notebook application that gives people one place to gather notes and information. It also offers shared notebooks, syncing between multiple computers and devices via Windows Live online storage, and optical character recognition (OCR) for getting a text from pictures, business cards, etc.
Evernote is a cross-platform, freemium app designed for note taking, organizing, and archiving.
The app allows users to create a "note" which can be a piece of formatted text, a full webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a handwritten "ink" note.
Notes can also have file attachments. Notebooks can be added to a stack while notes can be sorted into a notebook, tagged, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as part of a notebook.
Evernote Premium features:
Offline notes Your notes are available anywhere, anytime, even without an internet connection. Perfect for flights, international travel and working on the go.
Passcode lock Make sure only you can access your notes. Add a layer of security on mobile devices to protect your valuable information such as business plans, receipts, health information, and photographs.
Business card scanning Leave behind your stack of cards by scanning them using Evernote's camera. Capture and store all contact information, a photo of the card and choose to automatically pull additional profile details from LinkedIn.
Presentation mode Present directly from your notes in a full-screen layout for more collaborative, efficient meetings.
PDF annotation When a picture’s worth a thousand words, you can avoid lengthy email dialogue. There’s no quicker way to call attention to contract edits or design changes.
Context and Knowledge Discovery Context reveals notes with related content and documents, and Knowledge Discovery identifies co-workers who are experts on the topic or project you're working on.
Faster image recognition Find what you’re looking for, faster. We scan your images faster, so text within them is searchable sooner. Find text in handwritten notes, Post-it® Notes, whiteboard drawings and more.
Search in PDFs and Office docs Your files are easily searchable within Evernote. Quickly locate your Office and work documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and PDFs.
Bear is a beautiful and flexible writing app for note-taking and prose, both on the go for iOS devices and for the Mac OS desktop.
- Stay organized by linking notes to each other.
- Use hashtags to organize and add context to notes.
- Notes are stored in plain text, easily portable.
- Focus mode to keep you on track.
- Advanced markdown with full in-line image support
- Powerful search to easily find notes with Search Triggers.
• Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code • Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages • Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more • Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task • Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more • Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come • One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar • Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters • All your notes are stored in plain text for the ultimate in portability • Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud • Regular updates to keep you and your writing current