How does it work?
WPS Office is a free, lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility. Capable of handling texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF files. The suite includes WPS Writer , WPS Presentation and WPS Spreadsheet
- WPS Office features an all-in-one design, which means you can open, create, and edit files of multiple formats in one client. However, it does not mean that you cannot pull out the interfaces separately. Whenever it is necessary, you can pull out the interface you need to form a new interface for editing.
- WPS Office can be downloaded in Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems, with no features compromised. After you sign in to your account, you can open, edit, and save your files on your computer and mobile devices. Of course, you do not have to worry about the security of your documents. WPS Office aims to ensure user privacy and document security, and there have been no document leakage or security alerts.
- WPS Office provides a document collaboration feature. You can share your documents with colleagues or leaders, and they can collaborate with you to edit and modify the same document in an efficient manner.
- WPS Office provides 13 language versions to serve users in different countries and regions and bring them more convenience in product use. It allows users to choose the language as required during the installation process. At the same time, the WPS Office team is optimizing the languages to offer a better user experience.
- WPS Office is a piece of free editing software, but it has been supported by sophisticated technical and customer service teams. WPS Office aims to solve users' problems in a timely and effective manner and improve user experience. You can rest assured that the WPS Office customer service team will never ignore your feedback. We value the experience of each user.
LibreOffice is a free and open-source office suite that is compatible with other major office suites, and is available on all operating systems. It is an independently-developed version of the OpenOffice.org suite.
The office suite includes:
LibreOffice - Writer, a word processor with similar functionality and file support to Microsoft Word . It has extensive WYSIWYG word processing capabilities, but can also be used as a basic text editor.
LibreOffice - Calc , a spreadsheet program, similar to Microsoft Excel . It has a number of unique features, including a system which automatically defines series of graphs, based on information available to the user.
LibreOffice - Draw , a vector graphics editor and diagramming tool similar to Microsoft Office Visio . It provides connectors between shapes, which are available in a range of line styles and facilitate building drawings such as flowcharts. It also includes features similar to desktop publishing software such as Scribus and Microsoft Publisher .
SoftMaker Office is an office suite for Windows, Linux, Android, Windows Mobile, and Windows CE.
A free version of the suite, SoftMaker FreeOffice, is available for Windows, Linux and Android at freeoffice.com
The package SoftMaker Office Professional includes additional
an Email-client; a Duden spell checker; two Duden dictionaries; BasicMaker, a Win32-only VBA-like programming tool; four Langenscheidt dictionaries.
SoftMaker Office has many functions of the correspondent programs from MS Office, OpenOffice.org or WordPerfect Office and also adds features such as its ability to run off USB flash drives and integrated reference works. It uses not only its own native formats, but is also highly compatible with Microsoft Office file formats. It can read and write Microsoft Office file formats as well as OpenDocument Format (word processor only), RTF and HTML. Export to PDF function is included. Multi-language spell-checking, hyphenation and thesaurus is supported; furthermore an integrated five-language translation dictionary (English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish).
Office Online is an online office suite offered by Microsoft, which allows users an easy way to access, view, create and edit documents using lightweight, web browser-based versions of Microsoft Office applications:
The offering also includes Outlook.com , People , Calendar and Microsoft OneDrive , all of which are accessible from a unified app switcher. The on-premise version of this service called Office Web Apps Server can be installed in private clouds in conjunction with Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange Server .
Office Online works great with Microsoft 365 .
balenaEtcher is a free and open-source image burner with support for Windows, macOS and GNU/Linux. It makes USB and SD card image burning as simple and fast as possible.
- Validated Burning - No more writing images on corrupted cards and wondering why your device isn't booting.
- Hard Drive Friendly - Makes drive selection obvious to avoid wiping your entire hard-drive
- Beautiful Interface - Who said burning SD cards has to be an eyesore.
- Open Source - Made with JS, HTML, node.js and Electron. Dive in and contribute!
- Cross Platform - Works for everyone, no more complicated install instructions.
Ventoy is an open source tool to create bootable USB drive for ISO files. With ventoy, you don't need to format the disk again and again, you just need to copy the iso file to the USB drive and boot it. You can copy many iso files at a time and ventoy will give you a boot menu to select them (screenshot). Both Legacy BIOS and UEFI are supported in the same way. 200+ ISO files are tested (list). A "Ventoy Compatible" concept is introduced by ventoy, which can help to support any ISO file.
- 100% open source (license)
- Simple to use (Get started)
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from iso file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+) Notes
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported, 200+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- ISO files can be listed in List mode/TreeView mode Notes
- "Ventoy Compatible" concept
- Plugin Framework
- Readonly to USB drive during boot
- USB normal use unafftected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
Media center allowing to watch movies, series, YouTube channels instantly.
You can watch in HD, with subtitles, and easily cast any file to TV through DLNA, Chromecast, AppleTV with one click!
Stremio also gives you notifications for new episodes / movies, as well as recommendations for content you might like.
Stremio's content is so rich because it has an Add-ons system, allowing different sources, such as YouTube, Filmon, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.
There's a third-party add-on available for torrent streaming, which has practically every seeded torrent on the internet. It's currently activated by default in Stremio.
Your Library (media collection) is available on every device you log-in. Stremio itself is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and iOS, with Android support coming very soon.
Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute a wide range of games and related media entirely over the internet, stretching from one-man independent efforts to some of the worlds most popular games. Steam is set apart from its peers in terms of functionality primarily by its residency in the system tray, and the desktop tasks that the client software performs to make use of that position.
Steam Chat Talk with friends or groups via text or voice without leaving Steam. Videos, Tweets, GIFs and more are supported; use wisely.
Game Hubs Everything about your game, all in one place. Join discussions, upload content, and be the first to know about new updates.
Steam Broadcast Stream your gameplay live with the click of a button, and share your game with friends or the rest of the community.
Steam Workshop Create, discover, and download player-created mods and cosmetics for nearly 1,000 supported games.
Available on Mobile Access Steam anywhere from your iOS or Android device with the Steam mobile app.
Early Access to Games Discover, play, and get involved with games as they evolve. Be the first to see what's coming and become part of the process.
Multilingual Creating a global community is important to us, that's why our client supports 28 languages and counting.
Purchases Made Easy Our storefront supports 100+ payment methods across over 35 currencies, giving you the flexibility to pay how you want.
Controller Support Steam encourages developers to include controller support in their games including PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo controllers.
PeaZip is free file archiver utility, based on Open Source technologies of 7-Zip, p7zip, FreeArc, PAQ, and PEA projects, for Linux, macOS and Windows.
Cross-platform, full-featured but user-friendly alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar general purpose archive manager applications, open and extract 200+ archive formats: 001, 7Z, ARC, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, DMG, GZ, ISO, LHA, PAQ, PEA, RAR, TAR, UDF, WIM, XZ, ZIP, ZIPX...
PeaZip is released under Open Source LGPLv3 license, free for any use (private and professional), all PeaZip packages are secure downloads and do not contain advertising or harmful software. Moreover portable packages does not need installation: simply extract and use the application.
PeaZip provides fast, high compression ratio multi-format archiving, and a complete, powerful file manager for viewing, browsing and searching archive files, featuring a wide set of data security functions: strong encryption (AES, Twofish, Serpent), encrypted password manager, optional two-factor authentication (encryption with password and keyfile), secure delete, and file hashing tools.
Written in Lazarus
zpaq is a free and open source incremental, journaling command-line archiver for Windows, Linux and Mac OS/X. Documentation can be found at: http://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaqdoc.html
The source code includes the libzpaq API providing compression and decompression services for applications in C++. Developers may be interested in the zpaqd development tool and sample configuration files found on the utilities page - http://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaqutil.html.
zpaq is written by Matt Mahoney and released to the public domain. It includes code from libdivsufsort 2.0 (C) Yuta Mori, 2003-2008, MIT license, public domain code for AES from libtomcrypt by Tom St Denis and public domain code for salsa20 by D. J. Bernstein.
When compression ratio is important. ZPAQ is based on the top ranked PAQ context mixing algorithm.
zpaq.exe is a ZPAQ compatible multithreaded compressor and decompresser with 4 compression levels. The latest version can be found at http://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html
For quick help, run zpaq with no arguments. For detailed usage, see zpaq.cpp.
This application mirrors Android devices (video and audio) connected on USB and WiFi, and allows to control the device with the keyboard and the mouse of the computer. It does not require any root access. It works on Linux, Windows and macOS.
IT FOCUSES ON:
- lightness: native, displays only the device screen
- performance: 30~120fps, depending on the device
- quality: 1920×1080 or above
- low latency: 35~70ms
- low startup time: ~1 second to display the first image
- non-intrusiveness: nothing is left installed on the device
- user benefits: no account, no ads, no internet required
- freedom: free and open source software
ITS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- audio forwarding (Android >= 11)
- mirroring with Android device screen off
- copy-paste in both directions
- configurable quality
- Android device as a webcam (V4L2) (Linux-only)
- physical keyboard/mouse simulation (HID)
- OTG mode
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The application executes a server on the device. The client and the server communicate via a socket over an adb tunnel.
- The server streams a video stream of the device screen. The client decodes the video frames and displays them. For Android 11+, the server also streams an audio stream of the device audio output, that the client decodes and plays.
- The client captures input (keyboard and mouse) events, sends them to the server, which injects them to the device.
GreenTunnel bypasses DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) systems found in many ISPs (Internet Service Providers) which block access to certain websites.
DNS When you enter a URL in a Web browser, the first thing the Web browser does is to ask a DNS (Domain Name System) server, at a known numeric address, to look up the domain name referenced in the URL and supply the corresponding IP address. If the DNS server is configured to block access, it consults a blacklist of banned domain names. When a browser requests the IP address for one of these domain names, the DNS server gives a wrong answer or no answer at all. GreenTunnel use DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS to get real IP address and bypass DNS Spoofing.
HTTP There are gaps in providers in DPI. They happen from what the DPI rules write for ordinary user programs, omitting all possible cases that are permissible by standards. This is done for simplicity and speed. Some DPIs cannot recognize the HTTP request if it is divided into TCP segments. For example, a request of the form
We send it in 2 parts: first comes GET / HTTP/1.0 \n Host: www.you and second sends as tube.com \n .... in this example ISP can not found blocked word YouTube in packets and bypass it!
HTTPS Server Name Indication (SNI) is an extension to TLS (Transport Layer Security) that indicates the actual destination hostname a client is attempting to access over HTTPS. For this Web Filter feature, SNI hostname information is used for blocking access to specific sites over HTTPS. For example, if the administrator chooses to block the hostname YouTube using this feature, all Website access attempts over HTTPS that contain YouTube like www.youtube.com in the SNI would be blocked. However, access to the same hostname over HTTP would not be blocked by this feature. GreenTunnel tries to split first CLIENT-HELLO packet into small chunks and ISPs can't parse packet and found SNI field so bypass traffic!
A simple Patch for GIMP 2.10+ to help all Photoshop Users.
Tool organization to mimic the position of Adobe's Photoshop;
Hundreds of new fonts by default;
New Python filters installed by default, such as "heal selection";
New Splash Screen
New default settings to maximize space on the canvas;
Shortcuts similar to the ones on Photoshop,
following Adobe's Documentation;
New icon and Name from custom .desktop file.
The new default language is English (you can still change in the Settings if you want)
GIMP is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, and more.
Shutter Encoder is a free professional encoding and conversion software for everyone, developed with video editors.
Convert your videos, images, audio files, generate files in OP-Atom format compatible with Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools.
Analyze audio loudness, replace audio, make DVD & Blu-ray authoring, create image sequences, download web videos, adjust your colors and more... All as simply and efficiently as possible.
It has been designed by video editors in order to be as accessible and efficient as possible.
Shutter Encoder makes use of FFmpeg to handle its encoding, allowing support for almost every codec you’ve ever heard of, and many more you haven’t.
MellowPlayer is a cloud music integration for desktop!
It supports multiple mainstream music streaming services (like Spotify, Deezer, Google Music Play, Soundcloud, Mixcloud.....). The visual look of the services are the same as their browser version, and the application provides integration with the desktop (media keys support, global shortcuts, notifications, etc.).
The application is open source, and supports plugins for adding new streaming services.
Clonezilla is a free software disaster recovery, disk cloning and deployment solution.
You're probably familiar with the popular proprietary commercial package Norton Ghost®. The problem with these kind of software packages is that it takes a lot of time to massively clone systems to many computers. You've probably also heard of Symantec's solution to this problem, Symantec Ghost Corporate Edition® with multicasting. Well, now there is an OpenSource clone system (OCS) solution called Clonezilla with unicasting and multicasting!
Clonezilla, based on DRBL, Partclone and udpcast, allows you to do bare metal backup and recovery. There are two types of Clonezilla available: Clonezilla live and Clonezilla SE (server edition).
Clonezilla live is suitable for single machine backup and restore.
Clonezilla SE is for massive deployment, it can clone many (40 plus!) computers simultaneously.
Clonezilla saves and restores only used blocks in the harddisk. This increases the clone efficiency.