Desktop hacks and menu bar apps
Unsplash is a thousands of stunning photos in high resolution, for your desktop.
- Change wallpaper automatically every: 3 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, week, two weeks or month
- Nice shortcuts
- Same or different images on your displays
- Collections: all and featured
- Save your favourite photos to disk
- Blacklist for totally unwanted photos
Haste is a macOS utility to accelerate your daily web search. Register your Custom Searches and boot them with hotkeys, blazing fast.
Image Photo PDF OCR text scan
Bartender lets you organize your Menu Bar Apps, by hiding them, rearranging them, or moving them to the Bartenders Bar. You can display the full menu bar, set options to have Menu Bar Apps show in the menu bar when they are updating, or have them always visible in the Bartenders Bar.
Fantastical is a flexible calendar with natural language event creation, a beautiful calendar and event list, support for CalDAV (including Google Calendar delegates) automatic alarms, and instant searching.
The easiest way to create new events • Open Fantastical by clicking the menu bar icon or pressing a customizable keyboard shortcut • Type in your event details and press return • That's it! You're back to what you were doing with a shiny, new event in your calendar!
• Best of all, Fantastical's natural language engine is expressive and intelligent so you can write in your own style. • Fantastical will even recognize the location of your event and let you invite people from your Address Book to the event
Quick entry • Quickly open Fantastical by clicking the menu bar icon or pressing a customizable keyboard shortcut
Beautiful calendar and event list • The event list and calendar allow you to easily locate and plan all of your events • Color-coding and beautiful design let you quickly make sense of your schedule • Change the number of events you want displayed, providing focus and convenience • Click any event to display important details about the event
Bring Your Own Calendar (BYOC) • Fantastical works with your favorite calendar applications: iCal, Entourage, or Outlook
Native CalDAV sync support built-in • Add your calendars to iCal and Fantastical will automatically sync your events • Even better, iCal doesn't need to be running • Use Google Calendar or Yahoo! Calendar accounts (including delegate support!) • Just add your accounts to iCal and Fantastical will handle the rest
Automatic alarms • Automatically add alarms to all of your new events • Customize your alarm settings based on all-day events or timed events • You'll never miss an important event again
Search instantly • Instantly locate all of your events, past, present, and future • Get important event details with a single click
Keyboard Maestro is the leading software for Mac OS X for customizing keyboards. This automation software will increase business productivity just by using simple keystrokes. It is the first choice for all your business efficiency needs.
BetterTouchTool is a great, feature packed app that allows you to configure many gestures for your Magic Mouse (1 & 2), Macbook Trackpad and Magic Trackpad (1 & 2) and also Mouse Gestures for normal mice. It also allows you to configure actions for keyboard shortcuts, normal mice buttons and the Apple Remote. In addition to this it has an iOS companion App (BTT Remote) which can also be configured to control your Mac the way you want.
Hocus Focus automatically hides application windows that have been inactive for a certain period of time, leaving only the applications you’re using visible. It’s a great way to keep your screens clutter free and your mind focused on the task at hand.
Copied is a full featured clipboard manager. Save text, links, and images that you’ve copied to your clipboard from any app. Quickly access your saved clippings from the menubar and copy them back to your clipboard in its original format or in a variety of different formats using templates.
Create lists and organize your clippings. Use hotkeys to select a list and copy clippings from the list without switching away from your active window.
Copied also provides continuity between your devices. With iCloud Sync and Clipboard Sync, you can pick up right where you left off on any device. Copied uses iCloud Sync to sync your saved clippings and lists so that you can access them from any device. Clipboard Sync works in the background to automatically update your clipboard whenever you copy or save clippings from another device.
• Copy Save a copy of your clipboard. Copied supports text, links and images (JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, TIFF).
• Drag and Drop Drag and drop one or multiple clippings into any app.
• Edit Make changes or merge multiple clippings together.
• Lists Store and organize your clippings.
• Search Simply start typing to find a clipping.
• Template Copy clippings formatted with our built-in templates or create your own.
• iCloud Sync Access clippings and lists on all your OS X and iOS* devices.
• Clipboard Sync Seamlessly copy on one device and paste in another.
• Per application rules Whitelist or blacklist clipboard content copied from specific apps.
• Hotkeys User-configurable shortcuts allow you to quickly activate the app or perform actions without activating the app.
• Scriptable Control Copied from another app using scripts.
*Copied is also available on iOS. Download it from the App Store. Copied+ upgrade is required on iOS to sync with iOS devices.
Create your rules — tell Timemator which files you’re working on or what applications you use for your work. Just drag & drop them into the Timemator window to create your rules. Once you open your working file or application, Timemator will start the timer for you automatically!
- Traditional timer
- Flexible tasks structure
- Quick access from the menu bar
- Track billable hours and your revenue
- Powerful reports
- Works completely offline
- Respects your privacy. No data is sent anywhere.
- Native Mac-app
Rocket is a free Mac app that makes typing emoji faster and easier using Slack-style shortcuts.
- The fastest, smoothest Slack-style emoji picker for your Mac
- Access to every emoji through the shortcut window
- Pick your favourite skin tone
- Light and dark themes
- Scroll and search your way through every emoji in the Search & Browse window
- Use Rocket to send and store gifs, images, and memes
- Set custom emoji shortcuts and add your own emoji
Unlock Pro for $5 via the icon in your Menu Bar and select “Browse & Search”
Let DEVONsphere Express keep track of related emails, articles on the same subject, and similar web pages. Discover the hidden connection between seemingly unrelated files.
Find other items related to what you're working on Search like Spotlight on steroids Context-aware; always focuses on what you do Runs as a menu extra, always available
*** Intelligent note-taking ***
• SnipNotes will categorize your notes automatically and lets you filter based on their type • Each category comes with a set of actions: You can call phone numbers, view addresses in Maps and much more • You can use these actions in the main app, the notification center widget and to some extend even on Apple Watch • Some notes will show you useful information depending on the content, e.g. a little map of a location
*** Save everything anytime ***
• Swipe down notification center to reveal the SnipNotes widget. Here you can quickly save anything on your clipboard, your current location and quickly access the main app • SnipNotes integrates into the share menu of many apps. This way you can e.g. save a website URL in Safari or an address from Maps • You can enter your own text and add images from camera or your photo library • SnipNotes for Apple Watch allows you to dictate notes as well as save your current location
*** Use your notes everywhere ***
• Access your notes from anywhere with the notification center widget. Tap on a note to copy it back into your clipboard. Use actions to call phone numbers, open addresses in Maps and so much more • iCloud synchronization keeps your notes up to date on all your iOS devices • You can search through your notes from the homescreen with Spotlight search • On iPad you can run SnipNotes side by side with another app with splitscreen multitasking • SnipNotes runs natively on Apple Watch, so you can also use it while your iPhone is out of range
*** A powerful organizer ***
• Quickly find your notes with the search bar and filter by certain types or creation date • Create custom categories to organize your notes • Add a passcode or use Touch ID to protect your notes • Restore deleted notes with the built-in trash • You can favorite notes and pin them to the top of your list • Configure SnipNotes with the settings menu. There a over a dozen settings available
FilePane is a lightweight, versatile multi-tool for quick file management. It works with almost any selectable and draggable content from any app on your system. You can easily copy/move/create files and folders, edit/share/convert images and a lot more...
Just start dragging a file or text and drop it into "Drop Here" panel, showing near your cursor.
FilePane detects the file type and offers some quick actions for it.
With FilePane you can easily:
- crop, rotate, resize, convert, compress images on the fly;
- free hand drawing on your images and screenshots;
- share content (e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Airdrop);
- set, store desktop pictures;
- quickly copy/move files to your custom popular destinations;
- copy file size or path to clipboard;
- see word and glyph count and various other handy options for highlighted text;
- converting Text documents to PDF;
- create new Folders, RTF, TXT, Excel and Word files, where you need them
Every single action is just one-two clicks away!
So FilePane, helps you increase workflow efficiency by adding file editing, sharing and management options to Drag-and-Drop.
The app has a minimalist, intuitive UI, which blends in well with Yosemite and El Capitan.
FilePane is not bound to Finder only, as it may seem at first glance. It works with other apps, too!
For example, in Safari, Chrome or other, you can easily save, edit, share, e-mail any image on the fly. Or quickly sort/save/share/edit/ organise your e-mail attachments.
Paste stores everything you copy on your Mac, iPhone, and iPad, so it's always there whenever you need it again.
NEVER LOSE A COPY AGAIN Paste is like a time machine for your clipboard. – Extend your clipboard capacity so that everything gets saved and nothing gets lost. – Use intelligent search to quickly find that "meatball recipe from Safari" or anything else you can remember copying. – Choose which apps you don't want to keep track of to maintain complete control over the data Paste stores for you.
SPEED UP YOUR WORKFLOW – Scroll through an at-a-glance view of your clipboard featuring large, easy-to-read previews of content so you can find stuff fast. – Edit and save changes to copied content before using it in other apps. – Pin copied items that you use frequently and keep them just a click away.
SYNC ACROSS DEVICES With instant iCloud sync, you can access all your copied content and pinboards at any tim from your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. – All Paste data is stored in your own iCloud storage using industry-standard security technologies and encryption. – Not only does Paste let you sync your data across all your devices, it plays nice with Universal Clipboard too.
BECOME A PASTE MASTER Start using Paste and discover features that will become part of your workflow so seamlessly you'll think they were always there. – Select and paste multiple copied items simultaneously. – Remove formatting from copied text and paste it as plain text. – Share copied items via text, email, social media, AirDrop, etc. – Use Paste Stack to copy and paste a set of items in a specific order across multiple apps. – Set up shortcuts, rules, limits, and more to configure the Paste that's perfect for you.
Paste is available in a monthly or annual subscription plan with a 14-day free trial. $14.99 for macOS
iOS In-App Purchases Monthly Subscription : $0.99 Annual Subscription : $9.99 Paste Pro for iPad : $4.99 Annual Subscription (Legacy) : $9.99
Singlebox for Mac and PC is an all-in-one messaging & emailing app - a single place for all your web services and accounts, including Discord, WhatsApp, Messenger, Slack, Telegram and many many more.
Multiple Services, Multiple Accounts Singlebox supports a great variety of business and private messaging services like Discord, Slack, WhatsApp, WeChat, Messenger, Telegram, Google Hangouts, Skype, Zendesk and many more.
Singlebox allows you to add each service many times. This makes Singlebox the perfect tool to manage multiple business and private accounts all at the same time. You could even use five different Messenger or Slack accounts at once, if some inexplicable reason urges you to do so.
More Than Just a Messenger Not limiting itself to messaging, Singlebox also supports thousands of web services, including GitHub, LinkedIn, Asana, Trello, Udemy, and many more. Lost in tabs? Singlebox works like a smart web browser that lets you run and organize multiple web apps in a single place and switch between them easily using keyboard shortcuts. Your workflow is cleaner than ever, finding what you need is easy.
Additionally, Singlebox can be set as your default email client or calendar app and works with many popular email and calendar services such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Outlook, FastMail and more.
Security & Privacy Singlebox lets you lock and protect your accounts from sneaky eyes with password or Touch ID. Even better, by default, Singlebox runs each of your services/accounts/workspaces in sandbox environment, protecting you from cross-site trackers.
Customization Singlebox gives you the ability to customize everything, including icons and colors, notification scheduling, ads & tracker blocking, dark theme and much much more.