Privacy and Security
The different block modes are:
• block readout API: All websites not on the white list or black list can use the <canvas> API to display something on the page, but the readout API is not allowed to return values to the website. • fake readout API: Canvas Blocker's default setting, and my favorite! All websites not on the white list or black list can use the <canvas> API to display something on the page, but the readout API is forced to return a new random value each time it is called. • fake at input: on display of text the drawn pixels get modified slightly. This makes the detection of the add-on harder but is less secure. On WebGL-canvas the behaviour is identical to "fake readout API". • ask for readout API permission: All websites not on the white list or black list can use the <canvas> API to display something on the page, but the user will be asked if the website should be allowed to use the readout API each time it is called. • block everything: Ignore all lists and block the <canvas> API on all websites. • allow only white list: Only websites in the white list are allowed to use the <canvas> API. • ask for permission: If a website is not listed on the white list or black list, the user will be asked if the website should be allowed to use the <canvas> API each time it is called. • block only black list: Block the <canvas> API only for websites on the black list. • allow everything: Ignore all lists and allow the <canvas> API on all websites.
Protected "fingerprinting" APIs:
• canvas 2d • webGL • audio • history • window (disabled by default) • DOMRect
You are being watched. Private and state-sponsored organizations are monitoring and recording your online activities. privacytools.io provides services, tools and knowledge to protect your privacy against global mass surveillance.
AdGuard is the best way to get rid of intrusive ads and online tracking, and to protect your computer from malware. Make your web surfing faster, safer and more comfortable with AdGuard!
Why choose AdGuard?
Pop-ups, video adverts, banners and such — they will all go away. Due to unnoticeable background filtering and cosmetic processing, all you will see are clean pages with the content you came for.
AdGuard fights against all trackers and analytical systems that spy on you thanks to the special Spyware filter designed by the AdGuard team. It accumulates rules against all known online analytics that try to steal your private data.
There are plenty of otherwise great apps that just can't resist showing ads to you. AdGuard lets you have the best of both worlds by giving an option to filter traffic of any app installed on your computer.
Control all web traffic on your devices, block ads, trackers, and malicious domains. Make the Internet safe for everyone at home or at work.
- Block anything: Block ads, trackers, and analytics systems for any website or app
- Protect your kids: Shield your kids from undesired content and schedule their screen time
- Control all devices: View request stats and manage web traffic for each of your devices
How AdGuard DNS works
- Let's imagine that you've connected your devices to AdGuard DNS. Now your DNS service is up and running.
- Every time you enter a website URL or open a link, your device asks AdGuard DNS for the corresponding IP address.
- If the domain address belongs to an advertising, tracking, malicious, or phishing website, AdGuard DNS blocks your access to it, thus protecting you from malicious attacks or privacy breaches.
- Our dashboard gives you a clear understanding of what domains get requested by each of your devices. It helps you quickly and easily block unwanted sites.
- You're all set! AdGuard DNS helps you control your online experience and see what you want to see without exposure to ads, tracking, or malicious threats.
- Ad blocking: AdGuard DNS uses powerful filters to eliminate ads and trackers on every connected device. Trust our default filters, block domains manually, or do both: it’s up to you.
- Parental control: Keep your children safe online: shield them from adult content on websites, search results, or YouTube. Decide which sites should be blocked and when. For example, stop your children from using social media during their homework.
- Stats at your fingertips: Get real-time stats on DNS requests of all devices. For each device, see to which sites it tried to connect, which requests got blocked, and when, and change DNS filtering rules on the fly. View stats by date, country, or device, or switch to a bird's eye view.
- Customized filtering: Use our private DNS server and decide which domains should be blocked or allowed on each of your devices. Connect your computer, smartphone, tablet, or router and manage their DNS queries as you see fit.
Brave Search is built on top of a completely independent index, and doesn’t track users, their searches, or their clicks.
Brave Search is available in beta release globally on all Brave browsers (desktop, Android, and iOS) as one of the search options alongside other search engines, and will become the default search in the Brave browser later. It is also available from any other browser.
Brave Search is different from other search engines because it uses its own index and follows different principles:
- Privacy: no tracking or profiling of users.
- User-first: the user comes first, not the advertising and data industries.
- Independence: Brave has its own search index for answering common queries privately without reliance on other providers.
- Choice: soon, options for ad-free paid search and ad-supported search. (Sometime in early 2022, Brave Search results will include paid ads (delivered, of course, in a way that protects privacy). Users with a Brave Search Premium subscription will see ad-free search results)
- Transparency: no secret methods or algorithms to bias results, and soon, community-curated open ranking models to ensure diversity and prevent algorithmic biases and outright censorship.
- Seamlessness: best-in-class integration between the browser and search without compromising privacy, from personalization to instant results as the user types.
- Openness: Brave Search will soon be available to power other search engines.
Brave Search uses its own index, but also ensures fully anonymous search, is transparent in how search results are ranked, and integrates with a privacy-preserving browser on desktop and mobile – an across-the-board combination of independence and privacy which no other provider offers.
Brave Search is also introducing the industry’s first search independence metric, displaying the ratio of results coming exclusively from Brave’s index. It is derived privately using the user’s browser as we do not build user profiles. Users can check this aggregate metric to verify the independence of their results and see how results are powered by our own index, or if third-parties are being used.
Brave Web Browser is a fast, free, secure web browser with a built-in ad blocker*, tracking and security protection, and optimized data and battery experience.
*What is Brave Ad Replacement?
Brave’s goal is to speed up the web, stop bad ads and pay publishers. One of the ways we plan to accomplish this is with ad replacements. We will also invite users to fund their wallets and to use those funds to pay the publishers of their favorite websites.
Smart HTTPS automatically changes HTTP protocols to the secure HTTPS, and if loading encounters error, reverts it back to HTTP.
Browsing on the internet has never been easier and smarter with Smart HTTPs Addon. It changes your HTTP addresses to the secure HTTPs. Whichever URL there is, the change from HTTP to HTTPs lets you browse the internet securely. Moreover, if there are any problems in encountering errors, it automatically reverts back to the HTTP protocol. The Smart HTTPs Addon works brilliantly well on all website addresses that do not support HTTPs. All such websites are saved to the memory in order to speed-up the protocol check processes. You can always see and delete these items from the Add-on's option page. Moreover, the add-on also comes with a toolbar button that serves as an on-off switch to turn the extension ON and OFF. Whenever there is a blue color, it states that it is ON and when the color is gray, it means that the add-on is switched to OFF.
Additionally, all the websites that do not support the HTTPs are saved to the memory and you can easily get rid of them in the options page. The add-on is available for all browsers and platforms. The extension is compatible with almost every website. But if there is an error on the website, all of the failed addresses will be listed alphabetically in the options page table.
4 Reasons to Use Smart HTTPS
- Seamlessly changes all HTTP addresses (protocols) to the secure HTTPS, and if an error occurs, it reverts back to HTTP address.
- All websites (addresses) that do not support HTTPS, are saved to memory; you can add and remove them in the options page.
- Toolbar button icon serves as the ON-OFF switch to turn the extension ON or OFF.
- Available for all browsers (Firefox, Chrome and Opera) and platforms (Windows, Linux and Mac).
Avira Browser Safety is a FREE browser extension for Chrome and Firefox that blocks infected websites, protects your privacy and finds you the best deals for what you're shopping for
Quad9 is a free, recursive, anycast DNS platform that provides end users robust security protections, high-performance, and privacy.
Security: Quad9 blocks against known malicious domains, preventing your computers and IoT devices from connecting malware or phishing sites
Performance: Quad9 systems are distributed worldwide in more than 70 locations at launch, with more than 160 locations in total on schedule for 2018.
Privacy: No personally-identifiable information is collected by the system. IP addresses of end users are not stored to disk or distributed outside of the equipment answering the query in the local data center. Quad9 is a not-for-profit organization dedicated only to the operation of DNS services. There are no other secondary revenue streams for personally-identifiable data, and the core charter of the organization is to provide secure, fast, private DNS.
At DuckDuckGo, we believe the Internet shouldn't feel so creepy, and getting the privacy you deserve online should be as simple as closing the blinds.
Our add-on provides the privacy essentials you need to seamlessly take control of your personal information, no matter where the Internet takes you: Escape Advertising Tracker Networks — Our Privacy Protection will block all the hidden third-party trackers we can find, exposing the major advertising networks tracking you over time, so that you can track who's trying to track you. Increase Encryption Protection — We force sites to use an encrypted connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes, like ISPs. Search Privately — You share your most personal information with your search engine, like your financial, medical, and political questions. What you search for is your own business, which is why DuckDuckGo search doesn't track you. Ever. Decode Privacy Policies — We’ve partnered with Terms of Service Didn't Read to include their scores and labels of website terms of service and privacy policies, where available.
Our add-on also adds a toolbar icon that shows you a Privacy Grade rating when you visit a website (A-F). This rating lets you see how protected you are at a glance, dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you, and learn how we enhanced the underlying site's privacy measures. The Privacy Grade is scored automatically based on the prevalence of hidden tracker networks, encryption availability, and website privacy practices.
Too many people believe you simply can’t expect privacy on the Internet. We're fighting to change that, and have made it our mission to set a new standard of trust online. Install DuckDuckGo and take back your privacy!
Browser Guard helps speed up your web browsing experience by blocking ads, scams, and trackers. Download free for Chrome and Firefox.
Security Our secure VPN sends your internet traffic through an encrypted VPN tunnel, so your passwords and confidential data stay safe, even over public or untrusted Internet connections.
Privacy Keep your browsing history private. As a Swiss VPN provider, we do not log user activity or share data with third parties. Our anonymous VPN service enables Internet without surveillance.
Freedom We created Proton VPN to protect the journalists and activists who use Proton Mail. Proton VPN breaks down the barriers of Internet censorship, allowing you to access any website or content.
Internet security for everyone Our goal is to make online privacy accessible to all. To do this, we have focused on making the advanced security technology in Proton VPN effortless to use and freely available.
Free VPN We believe privacy and security are fundamental human rights, so we also provide a free version of Proton VPN to the public. Unlike other free VPNs, there are no catches. We don't serve ads or secretly sell your browsing history. Proton VPN Free is subsidized by Proton VPN paid users. If you would like to support online privacy, please consider upgrading to a paid plan for faster speeds and more features.
Easy to Use The best security tools in the world will only protect you if used correctly and consistently. We have extensively simplified the Proton VPN interface to make it as intuitive as possible – so you can stay protected every day, hassle free.
Fast VPN Speeds A 10 Gbps server network combined with our unique suite of VPN Accelerator technologies can improve speeds by over 400%. The advanced network TCP flow control algorithm we utilize provides unparalleled performance and connection stability.
Multi-Platform Support Proton VPN is available on all your devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, and even routers. A secure Internet connection that you can trust is essential to maintaining your privacy on your laptop at home, your mobile device on the road, or your workstation at the office. Proton VPN has native apps for Windows, macOS, Linux, Chromebook, Android, Android TV and iOS/iPadOS.
Stream from anywhere Proton VPN unblocks a wide selection of popular online media services, allowing you to access your favorite streaming content from anywhere in the world as if you were at home. Our fast server network and unique VPN Accelerator technology also ensure your experience is smooth and buffering-free.
VPN Accelerator VPN Accelerator is a set of technologies unique to Proton VPN that can increase your VPN speeds by over 400%. By overcoming CPU limitations that affect how VPN protocols are processed, using advanced networking techniques to reduce latency, and redesigning VPN protocols themselves to reduce inefficiencies in their code, VPN Accelerator can dramatically increase speed performance.
Windows Security (known as Windows Defender Antivirus before Windows 10 May 2020 Update, Windows Defender before Windows 10 Creators Update, or Microsoft Defender Antivirus before Windows 11) is an anti-malware component of Microsoft Windows. It was first released as a downloadable free anti-spyware program for Windows XP, and was later shipped with Windows Vista and Windows 7. It has evolved into a full antivirus program, replacing Microsoft Security Essentials, as part of Windows 8 and later versions.
An efficient blocker add-on for various browsers. Fast, potent, and lean.
uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker -- which happens to be able to function as a mere "ad blocker". The default behavior of uBlock Origin when newly installed is to block ads, trackers and malware sites -- through EasyList, EasyPrivacy, Peter Lowe’s ad/tracking/malware servers, Online Malicious URL Blocklist, and uBlock Origin's own filter lists.
Retiring in 2022
Privacy Badger is a browser-add on tool that analyzes sites to detect and disallow content that tracks you in an objectionable, non-consensual manner. When you visit websites, your copy of Privacy Badger keeps note of the "third party" domains that embed images, scripts and advertising in the pages you visit. If a third party server appears to be tracking you without permission, by using uniquely identifying cookies to collect a record of the pages you visit across multiple sites, Privacy Badger will automatically disallow content from that third party tracker. In some cases a third-party domain provides some important aspect of a page's functionality, such as embedded maps, images, or fonts. In those cases Privacy Badger will allow connections to the third party but will screen out its tracking cookies.
A free and open source web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox is highly extensible, with thousands of third-party add-ons available.
Firefox version 60+ (Quantum) is presently faster than Google Chrome and use less memory than Chrome. Compare to previous versions of Firefox, the Quantum version is twice as fast, promote parallelism, and has more intuitive user interface.
DuckDuckGo is an alternative search engine that has rich features, respects your privacy, and is built from free/open-source software.
• Zero-click Info - Useful information above the links. • More Privacy - We do not track you. • Goodies - Instant answers, !bangs & settings. • Less Spam - We remove sites with just ads.
Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.