These are Linux Markdown editors that can display RTL text correctly (in editor, not preview) even between Latin text
- Poor: No orientation, RTL text mixed-up with LTR making thus changing the text direction.
- Limited: RTL words are not mixed up with LTR words, but the direction is incorrect. Usually, this is only the case in the editor view; the preview is usually of the poor type.
- Complete: Direction+Organistion of RTL+LTR text fields. So far, no open-source Linux editor can do that, except the web based Morattab (sobhe.ir/moratab). Other apps that belong to this category are usually not editors and thus aren't considered (except a few picks in the section below)
- Scarlet Notes (Android): Complete support, but uses own format. No editing from other devices.
- Pure Writer (Andorid): Complete support for RTL in editor and preview, but uses its own format with no ability to edit from another device. Closes-source.
- Ramz - ramz.netlify.app : visually-pleasing Web editor. Supports RTL exclusively.
- RTL Markdown rtlmd.codecast.ir: even simpler, but has that same problem