Privacy Email Providers
Secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists.
Swiss Based ProtonMail is incorporated in Switzerland and our servers are located in Switzerland. We are outside of US and EU jurisdiction and all user data is protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.
Zero Access Because of our end-to-end encryption, your data is already encrypted by the time it reaches our servers. We have no access to your messages, and since we cannot decrypt them, we cannot share them with third parties.
Backwards Compatible ProtonMail works out of any modern web browser, there is nothing to install. We are also backwards compatible with other email providers so you can continue sending and receiving emails from friends who are not using ProtonMail.
Forever Free We believe privacy is a fundamental human right and should be available for everyone. That's why we offer multi-tiered pricing including a free version that anyone can use. Let's bring privacy back to the people!
Fully Anonymous We do not log IP addresses or require any personal information to sign up. We accept bitcoin and cash payments for paid accounts to ensure even paid account users have complete privacy.
Cross Platform ProtonMail works on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It's as simple as visiting our site and logging in. There are no plugins or apps to install - simply use your favorite web browser.
Mailfence is a free secure and private mail service, that provides an end-to-end encrypted email.
No tracking No ads, no spams, no trackers, no solicitations, no backdoor, free from government surveillance.
Privacy protection State of the art security features protect your email privacy at all times.
Legal protection Belgian privacy protection law is strong. Only local judges can request information and they must have a court order. It rarely happens.
- Mailfence is a complete email suite offering tools such as a Mailfence Calendar, Mailfence Documents and Mailfence Groups.
- Mailfence is inter-operable with any other OpenPGP compatible encrypted email service.
- All encryption operations take place in the browser making it a “true” end-to-end encrypted email solution.
- Mailfence integrates digital signatures.
- Mailfence gives full control over key management with an integrated keystore.
- Mailfence is available as progressive web application (PWA) for iPhone and Android to be completely independent of the big tech players.
Tuta is the world's most secure email service, easy to use and private by design. You get fully encrypted calendars and contacts with all our personal and business email accounts. It has open source iOS and an Android apps. The Android app is published on F-Droid (which means the app does not use Google's push notification system) making it a great option if you want to de-Google your life. All data is stored encrypted and can not be searched, i.e. for commercial use. It offers dead easy end-to-end encryption.
Encrypted Calendar Organization is key: Regain control over your busy life with Tuta's encrypted calendar. The calendar is integrated seamlessly into the secure email client and can be easily accessed on any device. Event notifications are sent end-to-end encrypted to fully protect your privacy.
Contacts: Tuta allows you to add and manage encrypted contacts, always at hand.
Search: Fast search of encrypted data guarantees privacy.
Mail Storage 1 GB of storage is free for everyone.
Easy - one password for everything Tuta wants to provide the easiest-to-use and most secure email client. You do not have to fiddle with multiple passwords for signing in and for encryption/decryption. The state-of-the-art encryption technology handles all the encryption and decryption complexities. Still: Your password only belongs to you. It is being hashed and salted locally before being transmitted to the servers.
Only you with your password have access to your encrypted data, profiling is impossible. Tuta combines security with ease-of-use so that everybody can use end-to-end encryption. Now you can take back your privacy easily!
The easiest way to protect yourself from unwanted intrusion and mass surveillance.
Easy one-click PGP encryption Think PGP encryption is too hard to use? Think again. We’ve got it down to one click. It’s so fast and easy, anyone can use it—even beginners.
Send private email to everyone Even if your recipient does not use encryption, you can still send encrypted messages with our Q&A feature.
State-of-the-art security StartMail uses state-of-the-art security like PFS (TLS 1.1 & 1.2) and extra-secure vaults to keep your communications and data safe.
10 GB storage in a personal vault It’s more space than you will ever need to store all of your sensitive communications — safely.
Disposable email addresses When you don’t want to share real email addresses, you can create temporary ones on the fly.
IMAP/SMTP compatible You can manage StartMail through your favorite email programs, like Outlook, Thunderbird, and Apple Mail.
Easy setup for business No software to download. No installation needed. We walk you through the easy setup in minutes.
Costs less than a coffee All of the above features come at an affordable price. Less than $5 per month. That’s just 16 cents per day.
We never read your email We couldn’t even if we wanted to do so. We believe that your privacy is a basic human right worth fighting for.
Use your own domain Get StartMail security on your own domains or subdomains for professional, custom email addresses.
Mailbox.org offers a secure e-mail account for home and business use. The domain name, firstname.lastname@example.org, is easy to remember and can be understood anywhere in the world. They have been operating e-mail accounts for more than 20 years and are a highly reliable service provider.
Strong Security & Privacy:
• Two-Factor authentication (TFA) for personal (Private) accounts. TFA is not yet available for Business accounts. But they are in progress of implementing it. Using the very popular Keycloak. • Optional password reset via SMS • Consistent encryption with SSL/TLS and GPG • Free automated email backup and restore • Reliable spam and virus protection • Redundancy with two independent datacenters located in Berlin, Germany. • Compliant with German data privacy regulations • Mailbox.org is mostly powered by Libre software (open source). Such as, but not limited to, Open-Xchange (OX) for its backend, and Roundcube for its webmail. If you're not familiar with "Libre software" this means stronger security and stronger privacy. Because all can review the software code and contribute. ___ • Source mailbox.org is mostly powered by Libre software at https://archive.ph/ueZ5B#selection-715.0-733.34 ___ • Repository at https://software.open-xchange.com/products/appsuite/stable/appsuiteui/ • For OX, attractive free license GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) v.3.0
• E-mails, calendars, contacts, tasks, word processing, and file sharing • Optional custom domain names for email Business accounts • Alias email • Webmail • Business account can administer sub-accounts • Optional connection using WebDAV (CalDAV and CardDAV), IMAP, POP3, SMTP, or IMap. Using your own mail software. For example, Thunderbird, Lightning. • Optional connection to external inboxes • Attachment size up to 137 MB • 2 to 50 GB storage space for e-mails. • Up to 100 GB storage space for documents and photos • Both the Standard and Premium plan are quickly & easily extendable within the same plan. Up to 250 GB for email storage, per email account. And 1,000 GB for cloud storage, per cloud storage account. Also, the Premium extended GB are half price than the Standard extended GB. • Smartphone synchronizing for contacts, calendars, etc. • Unlimited video conference up to 10 participants • User-defined filters, forwarding, automated vacation responses, blacklist, • Dark theme. Which is optional for everything into the cloud office. • Completely ad-free, no analysis of user data • Green hosting with green power • Highly reliable email service provider • Support and documentation in English or German
• Access Mailbox.org with various mobile OX app :
___• https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.openxchange.mobile.oxmail ___• https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.openexchange.drive.vanilla ___• https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.openexchange.mobile.syncapp.enterprise
Runbox offers email hosting, domain hosting, and web hosting services, as well as custom-made email solutions
Runbox provides secure email communication with Perfect Forward Secrecy SSL connections, Extended Validation, and options for OpenPGP encryption.
Runbox protects your data in accordance with Norway's strong privacy regulations, preventing unauthorized access to your email.
Runbox 7 Project, is an open source webmail created by Runbox
Posteo is an independent email service provider. Based in Berlin since 2009. With focus on security, privacy, and sustainability. They offer ad free paid email accounts for individuals and businesses.
In 2022, Posteo had more than 500,000 active mail accounts
Strength: • Very strong privacy and encryption. Including both data and payment. • Powered by Roundcube. Which is Libre Source (Open Source). If you are not familiar with "Libre Source", it means this software has both stronger security & stronger privacy. Because its code is publicly available for review and contributions on GitHub at https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/ • Attractive GNU General Public License version 3. This means the software code of this extension is owned and supported by a friendly not-for-profit community. Instead of a for-profit corporation. https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/master/LICENSE • Two-factor authentication (TFA). Video at https://posteo.de/en/blog/help-video-how-to-additionally-secure-your-account-with-two-factor-authentication • Wide selection of theme. Including dark. Video at https://posteo.de/en/blog/new-at-posteo-many-colors-and-dark-mode • 2 GB storage. Can be increased to 20 GB. • Attachment up to 50MB • Two alias addresses included. Can be increased to 20 for an additional charge of 0.10 EUR per alias per month. • IMAP or POP3. So you are free to use any email software to your liking. Such as, but not limited to Thunderbird. • Address book • Calendar • Customized filters • Unlimited filter addresses • Multilingual. English, French, German. Including both the interface and documentation. • Easy migration from other suppliers to Posteo • Forwarding and autoreply • Country codes: posteo.co.uk, posteo.de, posteo.net, posteo.org, and more • Self-financed. Posteo does business sustainably. They are free of debts and loans. There are no investors. So they are free from external interference. • In 2022, Posteo had more than 500,000 active mail accounts. Source at https://posteo.de/en/site/transparency_report • Ad-free • Multiple payment options to choose from
Challenge: • Can not yet receive email at a custom domain name
Vivaldi Mail is a free email service with no ads and no strings attached developed by Vivaldi Technologies. It also offers contacts and calendar features, search capabilities, folders management, WEB/POP/IMAP access, 5GB of storage capacity, 20 MB of maximum attachment size, self-learning spam filter, DAV sync, etc.
This email service is a part of the services for the community of Vivaldi. Joining the community gives also an email address.
The email server is located in Iceland.
Disroot is a platform that offers federated web services to the public. It combines free encrypted email with secure cloud services, including an online office suite.
CounterMail - the secure email provider
CounterMail is a secure and easy to use online email service, designed to provide maximum security and privacy without any unnecessary complexity. Countermail uses Java for to enable logins.
You can access your email account at any time, from anywhere in the world. Your account will always be encrypted and anonymous.
CounterMail's encryption works automatically and transparently, it requires no specialized computer skills or knowledge. If you are comfortable using services like Hotmail or Gmail, you will be comfortable using CounterMail's secure email!
We are using a strong encryption protocol called OpenPGP, with 4096 bits encryption keys to protect your data. To the best of publicly available information, there is no known method which will allow a person or group to break OpenPGP:s encryption by cryptographic or computational means.
Soverin is an independent private company based in Amsterdam, run by a team of internet enthusiasts who want to create great products that are safe, beautiful and easy to use. We’re passionate about changing the status quo and actively want to raise awareness about digital privacy.
Our mission is private communication for everyone. We give people control over their privacy. The technology has been here for years, but nobody can use it. We are here to change that.
The messages you send should stay between you and the receiver. More like a sealed envelope than a postcard.
CTemplar is a security and privacy focused email provider based in Iceland. They use E2EE (end to end encrypted encryption) to keep your conversations private and secure. Their service offers additional security with their comprehensive list of features designed to protect you.
Here are some of their most noble features.
- End-to-End Encryption using open source cryptography (encrypting the following, email contents, subject lines, attachments, and contacts)
- Great privacy and data protection laws (they're based in Iceland).
- They offer a onion address for those who want the best possible privacy and security.
- They do not link any ip address to their users, to track and advertise to them.
- They have an easy to navigate, yet comprehensive user Interface.
- Their code is open source, you can take a look yourself. https://github.com/ctemplar/
- They have friendly support, that is at stand by when you need them.
Kolab Now, formerly MyKolab, is a fully featured secure collaboration and communication service that is easy to use on any device.
Whether you are a legal counsel, journalist, diplomat or just a regular user: Kolab Now empowers your collaboration and communication, wherever you are.
Thanks to a unique mix of usability and security with exclusive hosting in Switzerland, Kolab Now allows law firms, SMEs and other organisations to focus on their core business. Alternative hosting solutions are available through our Enterprise solutions and Partners across the world.
Protect your trade secrets or privileged information hassle-free with Kolab Now, just sign up and start using it in today with our 30 day free trial.
Thexyz build the best tools around for email to make your life simple. Continually updating the product offerings to give customers the very best in email and domain technology.
Have you ever been away from your desk and got a request for a contract or presentation? Did you ever want to send a large file but didn't want to attach it to an email because it was so big? Now you can respond immediately to customer requests and send a web link to give users protected access to the file. They can view your files with any mobile device and itíll be automatically optimized. Even with a mobile phone, you'll be able to view your PowerPoint, Excel, or even PDF files - all without downloading!.
Thexyz Cloud Drive allows you to easily work with teams inside and outside your company. Comments are captured and changed versions are automatically archived. In addition, you can edit, print or fax from where ever you may be. All this is accomplished securely and under your control.
MsgSafe.io provides private, encrypted, online communication with layers of security you can trust. With rocketing growth online and improvements to computer capacity, governments and private sector are collecting and sharing information on every facet of people’s lives. MsgSafe.io is dedicated to actively improving privacy protection with innovative technology.
Create email addresses with full control of features like encryption, forwarding, or blocking spam — making it difficult for others to track you down, market to you or steal your identity. Learn about the contacts that communicate with you, see their source of origin and location is took to get to you. Don't like the mail you receive? Change your rules, without changing your email address. MsgSafe.io goes the extra step by automatically setting up every virtual mailbox with 4096-bit OpenPGP and S/MIME encryption keys and certificates. In addition to email, MsgSafe.io now offers secure, encrypted audio and video through the online app.
With MsgSafe.io: • Protect your email address and personal information • Protect your communications from interception and hackers • Strip Metadata from your emails that companies use to track or find out information on you • Increase your level of security with end-to-end encryption • Receive email analytics and enrichment