Great Open Source Server Software
A fancy self-hosted monitoring tool.
- Monitoring uptime for HTTP(s) / TCP / Ping / DNS record / Push url.
- Fancy, Reactive, Fast UI/UX.
- Notifications via Webhook, Telegram, Discord and email (SMTP).
- 20 seconds interval
- Multi Languages
- Simple Status Page
- Ping Chart
- Certificate Info
OpenSSH is a free version of the SSH connectivity tools that technical users rely on. OpenSSH encrypts all traffic (including passwords) to effectively eliminate eavesdropping, connection hijacking, and other attacks. Additionally, OpenSSH provides secure tunneling capabilities and several authentication methods, and supports all SSH protocol versions.
Apache, is a web server notable for playing a key role in the initial growth of the World Wide Web and in 2009 became the first web server to surpass the 100 million web site milestone. Apache was the first viable alternative to the Netscape Communications Corporation web server, and has since evolved to rival other Unix-based web servers in terms of functionality and performance. The majority of all web servers using Apache are Linux web servers. Apache is developed and maintained by an open community of developers under the auspices of the Apache Software Foundation.
nginx [engine x] is a HTTP and reverse proxy server, as well as a mail proxy server written by Igor Sysoev. It has been running for more than five years on many heavily loaded Russian sites including Rambler (RamblerMedia.com).
Basic HTTP server features
Serving static and index files, autoindexing; open file descriptor cache; Accelerated reverse proxying with caching; simple load balancing and fault tolerance; Accelerated support with caching of FastCGI, uwsgi, SCGI, and memcached servers; simple load balancing and fault tolerance; Modular architecture. Filters include gzipping, byte ranges, chunked responses, XSLT, SSI, and image transformation filter. Multiple SSI inclusions within a single page can be processed in parallel if they are handled by proxied or FastCGI/uwsgi/SCGI servers; SSL and TLS SNI support.
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system with over 35 years of active development that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, feature robustness, and performance.
There is a wealth of information to be found describing how to install and use PostgreSQL through the official documentation. The open source community provides many helpful places to become familiar with PostgreSQL, discover how it works, and find career opportunities. Learn more on how to engage with the community.
MariaDB is a backward compatible, drop-in replacement of the MySQL® Database Server. It includes all major open source storage engines.
The source code for MariaDB is publically available from Launchpad. Binaries and packages are also available.
MariaDB is community developed in collaboration with Monty Program. Our ambition is to make MariaDB the best open and free version of the MySQL Database Server for end users, developers, and partners.
Matrix defines a set of open APIs for decentralised communication, suitable for securely publishing, persisting and subscribing to data over a global open federation of servers with no single point of control. Uses include Instant Messaging (IM), Voice over IP (VoIP) signalling, Internet of Things (IoT) communication, and bridging together existing communication silos - providing the basis of a new open real-time communication ecosystem.
Healthchecks.io is a service for monitoring cron jobs and similar periodic processes:
- Healthchecks.io listens for HTTP requests ("pings") from your cron jobs and scheduled tasks.
- It keeps silent as long as pings arrive at expected times
- It alerts you as soon as a ping does not arrive on time
- supports many methods of sending notifications, integrates with the tools you already use: email, webhooks, SMS, phone calls, Slack, MS Teams, PagerDuty, Telegram, Pushover, Prometheus, WhatsApp, ...
- supports sending "pinging" over email (send an email instead of an HTTP request)
- supports measuring job execution time (send a ping when a cron job starts, send another when it finishes)
- has tools for managing large accounts: tagging, projects, search, team members
- has an API, and there are 3rd party API wrapper libraries written for various languages
- supports public status badges that you can embed in READMEs
- is open source and can be self-hosted
- based in the EU, GDPR compliant
Cachet is a simple to use and easy to manage status page system and can be easily installed and used to track third party service letting your users know what's going on.
- Cachet is 100% open source, opening a whole world of contributions and new features.
- Bundled with a RESTful API, Cachet offers endless possibilities.
- Cachet is built with user experience in mind, ensuring every detail looks and acts the way you'd expect it to.