Fav Defragmenter Programs
Youre about to make a very well informed decision to buy. Why? Because theres a lot of interesting reading and learning to be done on this page. Grab a coffee or a soda, sit back and become amazed as you read and learn, in laymans terms, about the power that this new defragger and hard drive optimizer will place at your fingertips to make the PC that youre currently using perform with a new level of speed and responsiveness that its truly capable of - whether its a top-of-the-line PC or an old clunker.
- Achieve Optimum Performance Hard Drive File Access That Gives You A Much More Responsive PC Your hard drive is the slowest data handling peripheral in your PC. The sluggishness you may experience when you use your PC is most likely due to hard drive file fragmentation and a non-optimized hard drive. UltimateDefrag restores the same sprightly performance as a new PC and new hard drive. If you already have a fast system - watch UltimateDefrag further accelerate your performance and bring out the true performance potential of your state-of-the-art PC. * Strategic File Placement Gives You Complete Control Over Which Files And Programs You Want Increased Performance From Accelerate the performance of your favorite games, simulations and applications. UltimateDefrag lets you do it. Select individual programs or file types. e.g. Place your .exe and .dll files to the high performing areas of your hard drive and watch all your programs launch with amazing speed. * Place Unused Data (such as ZIP Files and unused Windows files) Out Of The Way ZIP files and archived data that you never use now have a specific place on your hard drive - the slower unused areas. This makes way for the files you want performance from to achieve that optimum performance you so badly want. Since these files are placed out of the way this is virtually the same effect as those files not even being on your drive at all. Remember the performance when your drive had hardly any data on it? You now have that same performance back again! * Consolidate and Place Directories In The Optimum Position For Superior Performance Another significant cause of reduced and sluggish performance is the scattering of directories/folders all over your hard drive in no particular order. Its as big a cause of reduced performance as fragmentation. When you access a file - hard drive needs to query the MFT (Master File Table), then the directory, then access the file. The MFT/directory transactions can often be multiple transactions before it finds the file it needs. The more scattered, the more travel, the slower the performance. UltimateDefrag takes all of your directories and puts them together and in the best position possible for accelerated performance. * Defrag with as little as 1% FREE space Windows native defragger and other defraggers can require as much as 15-20% free space to defrag. UltimateDefrag can defrag an almost-full drive with only 1 to 3% free space! * Enjoy fast 3 to 5 minute complete defrags with "In-Place" Defragging With all the unused data placed out of the way of the data you use, it more or less stays out of the way of the defrag process. As a result, maintenance defrags finish fast. Usually - just a few minutes! UltimateDefrag also uses clever defragging algorithms that during certain defrag methods only moves files that it has to or only moves the fragments. This is called an "In-Place" Defrag. Assuming that you have a large 1 Gb file. 900 Mb is in one fragment and the other 100 Mb is in 10 fragments - UltimateDefrag only moves the 100 Mb of fragments and appends to the defragmented segment. This vastly shortens defrag runs. When you selected "Fragmented Files Only" method - defragging can actually be completed in "seconds"! * Choose From 6 Powerful Defrag Methods With Over 33 Defrag Option Combinations As much power and flexibility as you could ever ask for. Choose folders, file types, days since last use. That doesnt mean its complex. It means that its powerful and flexible to suit any type of computer use from home system, game system, workstation or server. Just select your parameters and let UltimateDefrag do its thing now and in the future. * Make Full Drives Perform Almost Like Theyve Been Newly Formatted The net performance effect that UltimateDefrag gives you is the performance of a hard drive thats been freshly formatted. Faster actually due to the strategic file placement features it adds. Remember that new PC or that freshly formatted drive when your system responded instantly? Youve got that back again. * You No Longer Need To Consider Partitioning - UltimateDefrag Is Like Partitioning-On-The-Fly! The more partitions you create, the slower each drive volume becomes. You dont need to partition any more. The way UltimateDefrag positions your data is akin to partitioning-on-the-fly! Just one volume for each physical drive is all you need. * The First Complete "DISK" Metaphor In Any Defragger It took some programming but now for the first time, you get to see the true picture of your drive. Hard drives are round and files exist on these circular platters. Now you can see exactly where on your drives your files are. Much better than the square & rectangular representations of other defrag products. * Say Goodbye To "Hard Drive Fatigue" Forever! As hard drives become full and files scattered and fragmented, performance drags and becomes sluggish. Your hard drive becomes "fatigued". UltimateDefrag is like a pep-pill for your hard drive. Youll see the performance increase instantly! * Based Upon True Scientific And Natural Laws There are some scientific and natural laws that pervade our world that have not made it into the computing world in a ubiquitous way yet. One of those is Paretos Principle - the 80/20 rule. Paretos Principle states that in anything 20% are vital and 80% are trivial. 80% of the worlds wealth is held by 20% of the worlds people. 80% of problems in a system are due to 20% of the causes. 80% of a companys revenue comes from 20% of its customers. You get the picture. UltimateDefrag applies Paretos Principle that states that 80% of the time you only use 20% of the files on your drive. So 80% of the files on your drive are rarely used - the other 20% are often used. UltimateDefrag gets those 80% (or whatever percentage you choose) of unused files out of the way so they dont compete with the 20% for the fastest areas of your drive. The result of this can be seen in our [thought-experiment] below. * More Than Just A Defragger - Its Also a File Placement Optimizer Dime A Dozen Defraggers Just Defrag. UltimateDefrag defrags.... it also optimizes! We find it hard to fathom that over the years the performance issue that was preached was "file fragmentation". File fragmentation is only part of the performance issue. The more important issue is file placement. See the thought experiment below. It pretty much covers the issue in a nutshell. UltimateDefrag defrags and does the more important thing - lets you strategically place files, file types, applications, folders and directories where they are supposed to be and in the appropriate order for optimum performance. * OptiSeek Technology Tunes Your Drive For Optimum Performance Automatically If all the powerful options that UltimateDefrag offers make your brain hurt - thats not a problem. Just select AUTO and UltimateDefrag will use our proprietary OptiSeek Technology to automatically optimize your drive and layout your files so that most accesses equal the track-to-track seek performance of your hard drive (which is the fastest that your drive can access data). Thats about a 2 millisecond seek time compared to 9 milliseconds. * Supports Windows Layout.ini file placement The Windows operating system is constantly adjusting itself for best performance and in doing so creates a file called layout.ini which contains an optimal file layout for your drive as far as fastest program launching and fastest boot performance. Every 3 days Windows performs a boot optimize. This however is only a partial attempt. Not all files in the layout.ini are optimized and they are not placed in the fastest section of your hard drive. UltimateDefrag has the option to read the layout.ini file and exhaustively layout files according to optimal file layout and sequential file access patterns. The performance increase is remarkable! * Nothing "Black Box" about this - you have total control over which files go where Black Box software is software that does what it does, doesnt tell you what its doing and gives you little or no control over what it is doing. Black box is one thing that UltimateDefrag isnt. It gives you full control and configurability and control over the applications you want performance from. Of course - once you have set it up to your preferences, which is a simple process, it then keeps your disk maintained as you want it. * Flexible Scheduling lets you defrag while youre away from your computer Yes, watching UltimateDefrags "disk" in action as you defrag can be hypnotic. You can actually sit there and watch it for hours if youre that way inclined. But we dont expect most people to do that. Simply schedule your defrags while youre away from your computer. Daily, weekly, monthly. Since we use Windows built-in scheduling (configurable through the program) there are no UltimateDefrag services running at any time. This keeps your operating system lean and stable. * All This In An Incredibly Powerful Program Thats Less Than 2 Mb In Size! Yes, you read correctly - less than 2 Mb. 1688Kb to be exact. One of the issues that cause reduced performance of your PC is the ever rapidly growing size of programs and applications (bloatware). Bigger does not mean better. Bigger does not mean more power and sophistication. Smaller actually means more sophistication! Smaller means more efficiency. And to be able to do what UltimateDefrag does with 1688Kb of code is testament to the efficiency and sophistication of this product. * Please keep reading carefully to learn more about the power of UltimateDefrag and how it will give you a significantly faster PC....
MyDefrag (previously JkDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer (a maintenance utility to make your harddisk faster) for Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, Win7, and for X64. It is freeware, no time limit, fully functional, no advertisements. Fast, low overhead, with many optimization strategies, can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows. Included are a set of easy to use scripts for endusers, a scripting engine for demanding users, a screensaver, and a combined Windows plus commandline version that can be scheduled by the Windows task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts.
MyDefrag is extremely solid because it is based on the standard defragmentation API by Microsoft, a system library that is included in Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, 2008, and Win7. Most defragmenters are based on this API, including the free defragmenter that comes with Windows and many commercial defragmenters. Basically all MyDefrag does is send "move this file to that location" commands to the API. The API is part of the operating system and can safely move almost any file on the disk, without risk and while the computer is in full use.
Contig is a single-file defragmenter that attempts to make files contiguous on disk. Its perfect for quickly optimizing files that are continuously becoming fragmented, or that you want to ensure are in as few fragments as possible.
UltraDefrag is powerful and fast defragmentation tool for Windows. There are three interfaces to them: graphical, console and native. The GUI is useful, because it represents your filesystem visually as a color-coded cluster map. The console is another option for those that prefer the command line. It allows you to run UltraDefrag from the task scheduler and scripts. Finally, the native executable will run at boot time in a manner similar to chkdsk. The design of UltraDefrag is very simple. There are no skins and other unnecessary stuff. It is a small and powerful program!
It can defragment any system files including registry hives and paging file. Also one of the main goals of UltraDefrag is doing the job as fast and reliable as possible.
UltraDefrag has the following features:
- automatic defragmentation.
- fast and efficient defragmentation algorithms.
- safe environment preventing files corruption.
- detailed file fragmentation reports.
- defragmentation of individual files/folders.
- defragmentation of locked system files.
- defragmentation of NTFS metafiles (including MFT) and streams.
- exclusion of files by path, size and number of fragments.
- fully configurable disk optimization.
- drive processing time limit.
- defragmentation of disks having the specified fragmentation level.
- automatic hibernation or shutdown after the job completion.
- multilingual graphical interface (over 60 languages available).
- one click defragmentation via Windows Explorer's context menu.
- powerful command line interface.
- easy to use portable edition.
- full support of 64-bit editions of Windows.
PerfectDisk is a disk defragmenter with a variety of advanced disk management features. It supports automatic background defragmentation, flexible scheduling options, and boot-time defragmentation of locked system files. PerfectDisk's innovations, such as the patented SMARTPlacement optimization, free space consolidation with Space Restoration Technology, large drive support, and single-pass defrag, to name a few, continue to set the bar for the defrag market.
It differs from other defrag tools on the market, by enabling you to quickly and simply defrag the files you want to, without having to process the whole drive. You can defrag only if the computer is idle for a definable time, so Defraggler does not slow down the computer if you work on more important tasks. Defraggler also lets you defragment multiple drives on the same PC, using different schedules. Defraggler uses the Windows Task Scheduler to enable you to set it for future defragging. Simply tell it how often you want it to defrag a drive (once, daily, weekly or monthly). Then it will go ahead on its own, tirelessly defragging your computer whenever you need it to. You can defragment your main C: drive every night, and your external D: hard drive every week. It's up to you. Simply run it, select the file and defragment in seconds. No more struggling with the Windows defragmentation tool! An original portable version exists, but it is not easy to find: http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download .
Disk fragmentation leads to system slowdowns, PC crashes, slow startup and shutdown and sometimes to system failures. Auslogics Disk Defrag is designed for fast optimization of todays modern hard disks. Get the maximum performance out of your expensive hardware investments.
Puran Defrag is a very simple disk defragmenter which will defrag the files and optimize your system, collecting all the fragments of a file and putting them together, as well as moving some frequently used files and all directories to faster disk areas. This process boosts your hard disk performance and thus overall system speed. In addition it reduces wear and tear on your hard disk, thereby increasing its life span.
Disk Defragmenter is a computer program included in Microsoft Windows designed to increase access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations, a technique commonly known as defragmenting. The purpose is to optimize the time it takes to read and write files to/from the disk by minimizing head travel time and maximizing the transfer rate. Disk Defragmenter is also used to improve system startup times.