OBS Studio (also known as Open Broadcaster Software, or OBS) is a screen-casting and live-streaming software available across multiple platforms including macOS, Windows and Linux. Boasting features typically only found in commercial screen recording apps, OBS also provides one of the simplest workflows with an intuitive and easy-to-learn interface that makes recording and streaming a breeze. It's also totally free and open-source.
With its long standing history of continued updates and considering its ease of use and free cost, it's no wonder OBS is one of the most popular and highest recommended apps for screen-casting and live streaming.
Cross-platform (available for Mac, Windows and Linux). Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC. Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV), AMF and NVENC. Unlimited number of scenes and sources. Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, DailyMotion, Smashcast and more. File output to MP4, MKV or FLV. GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming. DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc). Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support. Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling. Light and dark themes to support various working conditions and preferences.
Postman is a tool that facilitates the development and use of APIs. Postman provides all the functionality needed to create or simulate API specifications and use the Postman Collection Runner to create tests.
Included Features :
- Design and specifications of the dummy API
- Send requests for verification of your API
- Review your API responses
- Test automation
- Detailed documentation
- PLC monitoring
In terms of pricing, the free version of Postman offers a large usage quota that will be more than sufficient for individuals or small teams. Postman also offers paid subscriptions at $12/m for the Postman Team level and $24/m for the Postman Business level.
Overall, the postman is a great tool, with many useful API-related tools. With 1,000 free monthly API calls, most people can comfortably stay in the free level.
4K YouTube to MP3 was specifically created to extract audio from YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and other online video hosting services. No annoying and complicated settings to deal with, just a clean, simple and functional interface. Downloading is simple and straightforward: just copy the video link from your browser and click 'Paste Url'. Done!
And best of all it's FREE YouTube to MP3 converter! Enjoy your audio anywhere, any time, and of course even when you are offline!
Mp3Splt-project is a utility to split mp3 and ogg files selecting a begin and an end time position, without decoding. It's very useful to split large mp3/ogg to make smaller files or to split entire albums to obtain original tracks. If you want to split an album, you can select split points and filenames manually or you can get them automatically from CDDB (internet or a local file) or from .cue files. Supports also automatic silence split, that can be used also to adjust cddb/cue splitpoints. Trimming using silence detection is also available. You can extract tracks from Mp3Wrap or AlbumWrap files in few seconds. For mp3 files, both ID3v1 & ID3v2 tags are supported. Mp3splt-project is split in 3 parts : libmp3splt, mp3splt and mp3splt-gtk.
With PDFCreator you can print every printable document to PDF. You can do this either within the application or by printing directly from the original document. The extensive but user-friendly settings and automated features help you to make the most of your PDF files. These features include:
Convert to PDF Convert PDFs to image files (JPG, PNG, TIFF) Merge and rearrange PDFs Automatic saving Add digital signatures Secure PDFs with a password Add watermarks …and more
In addition to the free version, there are several product options to choose from, depending on your IT infrastructure and requirements.
Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting. The basic use is cleaning up the video from the wrong shoots, to only keep the good ones.
PLEASE NOTE : It's a simple tool dedicated to a single task... It IS a LINEAR editor, NOT to edit and mix multiple videos, when you have multiple videos, it stacks them one after an other. It does NOT parrallel multi-video edit, but it's not its goal !
Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application made by users, for users. Many languages, designed around the concept of the logical book, i.e., a single entry in your library that may correspond to actual e-book files in several formats.
Calibre can sort the books in your library by title, author, date added, date published, size, rating, or series, along with extra metadata such as tags and personal comments. You can easily search your book collection for a particular book, based on any of this information. Calibre can also go onto the internet to find online books based on existing title/author or ISBN information.
In addition, Calibre also: -syncs to your ebook reader -downloads news from the internet and converts it into ebook form -offers a ebook viewer that can display all major ebook formats
Library Management E-book conversion Syncing to e-book reader devices Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form Built-in e-book viewer Content server for online access to your book collection E-book editor for the major e-book formats
Nox App Player: The best Android emulator leading in technology and performance. A free tool for users to enjoy the numerous Android games and apps from their desktop with ease.
Tailor-made Nox App Player for Game Developers: Programming Nox App Player to meet the specific need of game developers. Re-design the software UI to create a specific game-oriented or brand-oriented Android emulator for game developers. Help convert android mobile games and applications to windows-system compatible software that could run on PC.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) is an extremely light-weight, open source media player for Windows®. Media Player Classic Home Cinema supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. Based on the original Guliverkli project, Media Player Classic Home Cinema contains a lot of additional features and bug fixes. Plus Media Player Classic Home Cinema is 100% spyware free, there are no advertisements or toolbars.
Development of the original MPC-HC project has ended. The few other developers that were involved have all lost interest.
But don't worry, MPC-HC is still very much alive!
My repository is a continuation of the original MPC-HC project.
I have been involved in MPC development for almost 15 years, even before MPC-HC existed, so consider my builds as the new 'official' releases.
MPC-HC does not have many active developers right now. So don't expect much new functionality or other big changes. The player already is mature and provides all functionality that most people need. MPC-HC is open source, so anyone who is interested can contribute fixes and improvements. You can submit patches to me, and when I think your change is useful, I will gladly include it in a future build.
Several people have already contributed improvements, fixes, and even new functionality.
Very short summary of changes: Includes latest LAV Filters Added dark theme Added video preview on seekbar Added support for new codecs such as AOMedia AV1 Added support for youtube-dl Added support for MPC Video Renderer Added A-B Repeat Subtitle performance improvements Lots of other useful improvements and additions in functionality Lots of bug fixes Lots of crash fixes
Read the changelog for a detailed list.
I will not actively work on new features. So please don't post any feature requests in this topic.
The Perforce Merge Tool, P4Merge, provides graphical three-way merging and side-by-side file comparisons.
P4Merge allows users to visualize the differences between file versions. P4Merge uses color coding to simplify the process of resolving conflicts that result from parallel or concurrent development.
- Text files differences can be highlighted and edited
- Includes or ignores line ending or whitespace differences
- Supports Windows (CRLF), Mac (CR), and Unix (LF) line ending conventions
- Accepts command-line parameters and can be used from non-Perforce applications
- Displays line numbers when comparing and merging files
- Compare JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, and other file formats
- Extend using the Qt API
- Overlay images or display side-by-side
- Highlight differences on overlaid images
KiTTY is an opensource terminal emulator, forked from PuTTY , that adds many extra features to the original software.
The very first requested features:
Sessions filter Portability Shortcuts for pre-defined command The session launcher Automatic logon script Automatic logon script with the RuTTY patch URL hyperlinks
Automatic password Automatic command Running a locally saved script on a remote session ZModem integration
An icon for each session Send to tray Transparency Protection against unfortunate keyboard input Roll-up Always visible Quick start of a duplicate session Config Box
Automatic saving SSH Handler: Internet Explorer integration pscp.exe and WinSCP integration Binary compression Clipboard printing The PuTTYCyg patch Background image File association Other settings New command-line options
A light chat server is hidden in KiTTY A hidden text editor is integrated into KiTTY
XML Notepad provides a simple intuitive user interface for browsing and editing XML documents.
Handy features include:
- Tree View synchronized with Node Text View for quick editing of node names and values.
- Incremental search (Ctrl+I) in both tree and text views, so as you type it navigates to matching nodes.
- Cut/copy/paste with full namespace support.
- Drag/drop support for easy manipulation of the tree, even across different instances of XML Notepad and from the file system.
- Infinite undo/redo for all edit operations.
- In place popup multi-line editing of large text node values.
- Configurable fonts and colors via the options dialog.
- Full find/replace dialog with support for regex and XPath.
- Good performance on large XML documents, loading a 3mb document in about one second.
- Instant XML schema validation while you edit with errors and warnings shown in the task list window.
- Intellisense based on expected elements and attributes and enumerated simple type values.
- Support for custom editors for date, dateTime and time datatypes and other types like color.
- Handy nudge tool bar buttons for quick movement of nodes up and down the tree.
- Inplace HTML viewer for processing xml-stylesheet processing instructions.
- Built-in XML Diff tool.
- Support for XInclude
- Dynamic help from XSD annotations.
- Goto definition to navigate includes and XSD schema information.
WinMerge 2011 series is a fork of the original WinMerge application that compiles without ATL/MFC dependencies to enable zero-budget developers to build WinMerge from sources using Visual C++ Express editions.
WinMerge 2011 includes approximately the features from WinMerge mainstream trunk. A significant exception are plugins, which were ruled out due to unfortunate design flaws, but added support for scriptlet based file transforms compensates well for that.
Free application that converts audio files to MP3, AAC, AC3, E-AC3, WMA, FLAC, M4A, OGG, Opus, WavPack, AIFF, MKA or WAV format. Moreover, the program allows extraction of audio tracks from video files without loss of sound quality. In addition, the program allows splitting input files based on chapters (often found in audiobooks).
The application supports all major video and audio formats (AVI, FLV, MP4, MKV, MP3, FLAC, WMA, MOV, WebM, RM, 3GP, WMV, VOB and many more).
The program has a number of predefined settings (profiles) specially designed for novice users. More advanced users can customize audio encoding parameters used by encoder: audio bitrate, sampling frequency, audio channels, audio volume. The application allows to extract/convert full audio track or selected range only.
Basic operation of the program is very simple: just drag & drop video/audio files on the main window and click CONVERT button on the toolbar. All conversion parameters the program will set automatically in order to preserve audio quality and get the smallest output files.
Supported input formats: AVI, MPG, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, RMVB, M2TS, VOB, MP4, 3GP, WEBM, DIVX, XVID, MPEG, MPE, ASF, M4V, QT, 3GPP, 3G2, 3GP2, 3GA, MKA, SWF (uncompressed), F4V, F4P, F4A, F4B, DAT, RM, OGM, OGV, AMV, DVR-MS, MTS, TS, HEVC, WTV, WAV, MP3, AC3, AAC, MPC, MPA, MP2, WMA, FLAC, SHN, APE, OGG, M4A, WV, AMR, AIFF, VIDEO, M4R, MP4V, MP1, M4B, OGA, DTS, GSM, QCP, RA, VQF, THD, TRUEHD, TRUE-HD, DTSHD, DTS-HD, AVS, EAC3, TTA.
Supported output formats: MP3, Opus, AAC, WMA, OGG, M4A, AC3, E-AC3, FLAC, WavPack, AIFF, CAF, MKA, WAV.
Authy is a simple way to manage two-factor authentication accounts. Authy supports Gmail, Dropbox, LastPass and thousands of other sites.
KiTTy Session Manager (KSM) is a tool that allows system administrators to organise their KiTTy sessions into folders and assign hotkeys to their favourite sessions. This is designed for MS Windows and requires the .NET Framework 4.0.3
Diffinity is a diff and merging tool with focus on accurate and easy to read source code diffs. It will compare the content of two files and present the differences in an easy to read line by line and char by char basis.
- Improved diffing quality for xml and c-style source code
- Thumbnail view of all diffs
- Differentiates between changed, removed and added lines
- Instance highlighting - double click or search for a word to show all instances of it
- Syntax highlighting
- Supports unicode and auto detects encoding (and warns if encoding mismatch)
- Customizable interface
- In line diffs live updated as you type
- Windows Explorer shell integration
FreeCommander is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager. The program helps you with daily work in Windows. Here you can find all the necessary functions to manage your data stock. You can take FreeCommander anywhere – just copy the installation directory on a CD or USB-Stick – and you can evenwork with this program on a foreign computer. FreeCommander XE 64-bit is currently available as bonus for the donors.
Main features in FreeCommander:
Dual-panel technology – horizontal and vertical (one panel possible too) Tabbed interface Full access to desktop Optional tree view for each panel Built-in file viewer to view files in hex, binary, text or image format File viewer and thumbnail view inside archives too Built-in archive handling: ZIP (read, write) Nested archive handling Plugins for other archive (RAR, 7z, …) Plain view – structureless view for files and folders Linked browsing Easy access to system folders, control panel, desktop and start menu Copy, move, delete, rename files and folders (alternatively as Windows or FreeCommander operation) Drag&drop File searching (inside archive too) Create and verify MD5 checksums Wipe files Multi rename tool File properties and context menu Calculation of folder size Folder comparison Folder synchronization Modification of file date and attributes Folder / program favorites File filters (regexp possible too) for display and file operations User defined columns for detailed views DOS command line Quick viewer Quick search Quick filter Quick starter Screenshots All shortcuts are definable A lot of settings – you can configure almost all
Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. You can use Audacity to record live audio, convert tapes and records, edit sound files, change the speed or pitch of a recording and much more.
EmEditor is a fast Unicode 64bit text editor for Windows 10/7/Vista/XP/2000 supporting extremely large files (up to 248 GB), binary files, comparison, multiline editing, easy numbering, scriptable macros, CSV files, script keyword highlighting and much more.
It is impressive fast for loading large files - e.g. it can open a 1.34 GB file in <9 seconds and be ready for editing right after.
Git is a free & open source, distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Git tracks changes in any set of computer files, usually used for coordinating work among collaborators.
WPS Office is a free, lightweight, feature-rich comprehensive office suite with high compatibility. Capable of handling texts in Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet, and PDF files. The suite includes WPS Writer , WPS Presentation and WPS Spreadsheet
- WPS Office features an all-in-one design, which means you can open, create, and edit files of multiple formats in one client. However, it does not mean that you cannot pull out the interfaces separately. Whenever it is necessary, you can pull out the interface you need to form a new interface for editing.
- WPS Office can be downloaded in Android, iOS, Windows, Linux, and MacOS systems, with no features compromised. After you sign in to your account, you can open, edit, and save your files on your computer and mobile devices. Of course, you do not have to worry about the security of your documents. WPS Office aims to ensure user privacy and document security, and there have been no document leakage or security alerts.
- WPS Office provides a document collaboration feature. You can share your documents with colleagues or leaders, and they can collaborate with you to edit and modify the same document in an efficient manner.
- WPS Office provides 13 language versions to serve users in different countries and regions and bring them more convenience in product use. It allows users to choose the language as required during the installation process. At the same time, the WPS Office team is optimizing the languages to offer a better user experience.
- WPS Office is a piece of free editing software, but it has been supported by sophisticated technical and customer service teams. WPS Office aims to solve users' problems in a timely and effective manner and improve user experience. You can rest assured that the WPS Office customer service team will never ignore your feedback. We value the experience of each user.
Captura captures high resolution recordings of your computer screen (with a selection of encoding them in h.264, FFMpeg, or mp4) with or without your mouse cursor. It also supports capturing and recording specific regions or windows. On top of these features, it can capture mouse clicks, keystrokes, microphone audio, and features command line support.
- Free: Captura is free. You don't need to spend a penny. It's supported by donations and users sharing the repository.
- Open-Source: Source-code for Captura is available on GitHub under the terms of the MIT license.
- The app is completely ad-free.
- Available in over 30 languages.
- System Tray: Captura can run unobtrusively and be minimized to the System Tray.
- Command-line Usage: Captura can be used from your terminal. Only for portable builds.
- Hotkeys: Take Screenshots and control recordings from the keyboard even when Captura is in System Tray using configurable hotkeys.
- Input/Output Audio Mixing: Captura can mix microphone input audio and speaker output audio.
- Clicks and Keystrokes: Mouse clicks and keystrokes can be displayed in recordings. Options are present for customization.
- Screen Region: Captura can capture specific regions using the region selector. It can also snap to application windows.
- Webcam: You can include a webcam view in your recordings. Perfect for making tutorials.
- Game Recording: DirectX fullscreen games can be recorded using Desktop Duplication API. Needs to be supported by the game and graphics card.
GIMP is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, and more.
Visual Studio Code is a free and extensible code editor for building web, desktop, and mobile applications, using any programming language and framework.
Visual Studio Code has built-in support for Git source control management and powerful integrations with GitHub, an integrated debugger, and smart code completion with IntelliSense and with AI-driven IntelliCode. With over 30,000 extensions and themes in the Visual Studio Code Marketplace, you can customize the features and the look of Visual Studio Code to fit your needs, preferences, and style.
Known as VS-Code amongst the community, it is one of the most popular code editors and has a browser version which can be immediately accessed by going to vscode.dev.
MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs. MySQL Workbench provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration tools for server configuration, user administration, and much more. MySQL Workbench is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
WinSCP is a popular free SFTP and FTP client for Windows. Moreover, WinSCP is a powerful multi-functional tool that will improve your productivity.
WinSCP can copy files between a local and remote computer using multiple protocols: FTP, FTPS, SCP, SFTP or WebDAV. On the one hand, WinSCP offers an easy to use graphical user interface; you can choose between Windows Explorer look and tabbed twin-panel interface like Norton commander. On the other hand, advanced users can automate WinSCP functionality using .NET assembly or simple batch file scripting.
You will use WinSCP for all common operations with files. You can start editing a file directly from WinSCP, either using WinSCP internal text editor or using integration with your favorite external text editor. WinSCP operations are not limited to individual files; WinSCP offers several ways to synchronize your remote and local directories.
After connecting to a site you can choose to store site information for repeated access, WinSCP can even share site settings with another popular open source tool PuTTY. WinSCP integrates also with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH.
Admins love WinSCP support for portable operation using a configuration file instead of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media.
A comprehensive WinSCP documentation is freely accessible at http://winscp.net. This site hosts also a very active user forum for support and feature requests.
WinSCP is available in English and many other languages.
WinSCP is an open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License.