Either locally stored or remote but private.
Org-mode is for keeping notes, maintaining ToDo lists, doing project planning, and authoring with a fast and effective plain-text system.
Org is implemented on top of Outline mode, which makes it possible to keep the content of large files well structured. Visibility cycling and structure editing help to work with the tree. Tables are easily created with a built-in table editor. Org supports TODO items, deadlines, timestamps, and scheduling. It dynamically compiles entries into an agenda that utilizes and smoothly integrates much of the Emacs calendar and diary. Plain text URL-like links connect to websites, emails, Usenet messages, BBDB entries, and any files related to the projects. For printing and sharing notes, an Org file can be exported as a structured ASCII file, as HTML, or (TODO and agenda items only) as an iCalendar file. It can also serve as a publishing tool for a set of linked web pages.
Note taking open-source application aimed to have both a simple interface but keeping smart behavior.
Actually the following functions are implemented:
- Material Design interface *Basic add, modify, archive, trash and delete notes actions
- Share, merge and search notes
- Image, audio and generic file attachments
- Manage your notes using tags and categories
- To-do list
- Sketch-note mode
- Notes shortcut on home screen
- Export/import notes to backup
- Google Now integration: just tell "write a note" followed by the content
- Multiple widgets, DashClock extension, Android 4.2 lockscreen compatibility
- Multilanguage: 30 languages supported
To protect your data Saferoom uses the AES-256 encryption algorithm with a key length of 256-bit. Currently, it is the most secure algorithm in the world which is used for military-grade confidential documents.
Saferoom is a completely client-based application. This means that Saferoom operates only inside the device where it has been installed. Data is encrypted directly inside the device and only leaves the device in an encrypted format. Further, in order to give our users true zero-knowledge encryption, Saferoom keeps the password inside the device. It means that the password cannot be restored. Hence, this ensures that you are in absolute control of your data.
Because Saferoom encrypts data directly inside the device, any information that is pushed to cloud services stays in an encrypted format. It means that even if a cloud server is breached and information is stolen, your data will remain in an encrypted format.
Our target is to create software that is seamlessly integrated into existing platforms and adds a 'piggy-back' encryption functionality. We want our users to keep their own flow of things, to keep their processes and to receive an option to encrypt data they want. Hence, our aim is to build Saferoom in a simple form.
nvPY is a note-taking tool inspired by Notational Velocity, nvALT and ResophNotes. It syncs with simplenote, and runs on Linux, Windows and OSX.
a quick notetaking plugin. Contribute to fmoralesc/vim-pad development by creating an account on GitHub.
Notational Velocity is a mouseless application for storing and retrieving notes.
With Notational Velocity, searching for notes is not a separate action; rather, it is the primary interface. Searching encompasses all notes content and occurs instantly with each key pressed.
All content created with Notational Velocity is compressed and encrypted (enabled optionally) before it is recorded to disk. Additionally, there is no manual "saving"; all modifications take effect immediately.
Notational Velocity's window was designed for keyboard input above all else, and thus has no buttons.
You can synchronize your notes with Simplenote, or via files in Dropbox with PlainText, Elements, iA Writer, and other iOS apps.
Zim brings the concept of a wiki to your desktop. Store information, link pages and edit with WYSISYG markup or directly typing some lightweight markup syntax and see it previewed as-you-type. Creating a new page is easy by either clicking on the "Create new note" button, by linking to a non-existing page or by writing a CamelCase name in any note. Pages are stored in a folder structure, like in an outliner, in plain text format with lightweight markup, and can have attachments (stored along the notes).
This tool can be used to keep track of TODO lists or ideas, to take notes during a meeting, to draft any other kind of text (blog entries, important mails, etc.) or to write long texts like lab research notebooks thank's to the headers structure and the table of content navigation.
Zim handles several types of formatting markup, like headings, bullet lists, checkbox, tables and of course bold, italic and highlighted. This markup is saved as a hybrid wiki/markdown text so you can easily edit it with other editors. Because of the autosave feature you can switch between pages and follow links or even close the software anytime while editing without worries. The interface also provides multi-document tabs, and it remembers the cursor position in all notes for quick resuming in your note taking endeavors.
Tomboy is a desktop note-taking application for Linux, Unix, Windows, and Mac OS X. Simple and easy to use, but with potential to help you organize the ideas and information you deal with every day.
- Highlighting text
- Spell checking
- Auto-linking web & email addresses
- Font styling & sizing
- Bulleted lists
- Note synchronization across several computers
- Backup and Recovery
A hierarchical note taking application, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single xml or sqlite file.
- Rich text
- Syntax highlighting
- Images handling
- Embedded files handling
- Multi-level lists handling
- Simple tables handling
- Codeboxes handling
- Execution of the code for code nodes and codeboxes
- Alignment of text, images, tables and codeboxes
- Hyperlinks associated to text and images
- Spell check
- Intra application copy/paste
- Cross application copy/paste
- Copying a list of files from the file manager and pasting in cherrytree will create a list of links to files, images are recognized and inserted in the text
- Print & save as pdf file of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Export to html of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Export to plain text of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- TOC generation for a node / node and subnodes / the whole tree, based on headers h1, h2 and h3
- Find a node, find in selected node, find in selected node and subnodes, find in all nodes
- Replace in nodes names, replace in selected node, replace in selected node and subnodes, replace in all nodes
- Iteration of the latest find, iteration of the latest replace, iteration of the latest applied text formatting
- Import from html file, import from folder of html files
- Import from plain text file, import from folder of plain text files
- Import from basket, cherrytree, epim html, gnote, keepnote, keynote, knowit, mempad, notecase, rednotebook, tomboy, treepad lite, tuxcards, zim
- Export to cherrytree file of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Password protection
- Tree nodes drag and drop
- Automatic link to web page if writing the URL
- Automatic link to node if writing node name either with no spaces and camelcase or surrounded by [[node name]]
Whether it's bookmarks or passwords, files or shopping lists...Turtl organizes it all and makes it easy to find later. Sync across your devices. Leave nothing behind.
Turtl uses high-end cryptography to protect your data. Whether you're worried about information leaks, competitive advantage, or blanket government surveillance, Turtl works hard to make sure only you, and those you choose, can see your data.
Just because Turtl is secure and private doesn't mean you can't share with your teammates or family. Choose who you want to have access to your data without compromising your security.
Encryptic is an open-source note-taking application heavily focused on encryption. When you start writing, no one will know what you write except for you. We don’t know and we don’t want to know. That’s between you and your work.
By default, Encryptic stores notes using the database in your browser (such as indexedDB or localStorage). This means that no data is synced to the cloud without your permission.
- Markdown editor based on Pagedown
- Synchronization with cloud storage via Dropbox or RemoteStorage
- Multiple editing modes: normal, preview, and distraction free
- Offline access to your notes
- WYSIWYG control buttons
- Syntax highlighting, MathJax support
- Robust keyboard shortcuts
Tools : Encryptic uses the Marionette JS framework, Gulp and runs on Node.js. The test runner is tape
The safest site on the web for storing your text! Enter any URL, e.g. protectedText.com/anything You find it - its yours! Encrypt all your notes, access anywhere. Simple. Fast. Free. No ads. Secure - don't trust us, check the code yourself.
Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, MacOS, and web browser.
Private means your notes are end-to-end encrypted, so only you can read your notes. Even we can't read the contents of your notes.
Simple means it does one job and does it well. Standard Notes is a safe and lasting place for your life's work. Our focus is making it easy to write notes wherever you are and syncing them with encryption to all your devices.
Standard Notes comes free with: • Seamless sync across all your devices, with easy to use applications on iPhone, iPad, Mac, web browsers, and other platforms.
- Offline access, so you can access your downloaded notes even without a connection.
- No limit on number of devices.
- No limit on number of notes.
- Passcode lock protection, along with Touch ID and Face ID protection.
- A tagging system to organize your notes (like #work, #ideas, #passwords, #crypto).
- The ability to pin, lock, protect, and move notes to trash, which allows you to recover deleted notes until the trash is emptied.
We made Standard Notes simple because longevity is important to us. We want to make sure we're here, protecting your notes, for the next hundred years. You shouldn't have to find a new notes app every year.
To sustain our development, we offer optional paid subscriptions with additional benefits. A premium subscription gives you access to powerful tools including:
- Super note type
- Beautiful themes
- Web clipper
- Encrypted files
- Hardware security key support
Joplin is a free, open source note taking and to-do application, which can handle a large number of notes organised into notebooks. The notes are searchable, can be copied, tagged and modified either from the applications directly or from your own text editor. The notes are in Markdown format.
Notes exported from Evernote via .enex files can be imported into Joplin, including the formatted content (which is converted to Markdown), resources (images, attachments, etc.) and complete metadata (geolocation, updated time, created time, etc.). Plain Markdown files can also be imported.
The notes can be synchronised with various cloud services including Nextcloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, WebDAV, their own service (paid) or the file system (for example with a network directory). When synchronising the notes, notebooks, tags and other metadata are saved to plain text files which can be easily inspected, backed up and moved around.
The application is available for Windows, Linux, macOS, Android and iOS. A Web Clipper, to save web pages and screenshots from your browser, is also available for Firefox and Chrome.
- Desktop, mobile and terminal applications.
- Web Clipper for Firefox and Chrome.
- End To End Encryption (E2EE)
- Synchronisation with various services, including NextCloud, Dropbox, WebDAV and OneDrive.
- Import Enex files (Evernote export format) and Markdown files.
- Export JEX files (Joplin Export format) and raw files.
- Support for to-dos and tags
- Support for notifications in mobile and desktop applications.
- Offline first, so the entire data is always available on the device even without an internet connection.
- Markdown notes. Support for extra features such as math notation, checkboxes and Fountain (screenwriting markup language).
- File attachment support, images, etc.
- Search functionality.
- Geo-location support.
- Supports multiple languages
- External editor support - open notes in your favorite external editor with one click in Joplin.