Screen Recorders [Windows]
Screen Recorder is a screen recorder software for Windows environment written in C# and C++. Screen Recorder records specific part of Windows desktop screen as an AVI file. The option of recording system playback sound or sound from input sound devices is also available.
- User-specified capture region in four ways: Full Screen, Fixed Part of Desktop, Window Region, Tracking Mouse Cursor (new)
- Recording system playback sound or sound from input sound devices, with customizable format (new)
- Including or excluding mouse cursor in the recorded video
- Mouse cursor shadow (new)
- Watermark text with customizable style (new)
- Customizable hot keys
- User-specified video compressor and fps
- High quality video, small output file
- Easy to use and friendly user interface
An upgraded commercial version of this product is available on the Windows Store. It features MP4 output, H264 encoding, in-game recording and more.
Action! allows real-time recording/capture of Windows Aero desktop in a superb HD video quality. With Action! you can record web player videos, your gameplay, display game framerates, add live audio commentary to create high quality tutorials, record music, capture screenshots... and more!
Captura captures high resolution recordings of your computer screen (with a selection of encoding them in h.264, FFMpeg, or mp4) with or without your mouse cursor. It also supports capturing and recording specific regions or windows. On top of these features, it can capture mouse clicks, keystrokes, microphone audio, and features command line support.
- Free: Captura is free. You don't need to spend a penny. It's supported by donations and users sharing the repository.
- Open-Source: Source-code for Captura is available on GitHub under the terms of the MIT license.
- The app is completely ad-free.
- Available in over 30 languages.
- System Tray: Captura can run unobtrusively and be minimized to the System Tray.
- Command-line Usage: Captura can be used from your terminal. Only for portable builds.
- Hotkeys: Take Screenshots and control recordings from the keyboard even when Captura is in System Tray using configurable hotkeys.
- Input/Output Audio Mixing: Captura can mix microphone input audio and speaker output audio.
- Clicks and Keystrokes: Mouse clicks and keystrokes can be displayed in recordings. Options are present for customization.
- Screen Region: Captura can capture specific regions using the region selector. It can also snap to application windows.
- Webcam: You can include a webcam view in your recordings. Perfect for making tutorials.
- Game Recording: DirectX fullscreen games can be recorded using Desktop Duplication API. Needs to be supported by the game and graphics card.
LoiLo Game Recorder is a completely free, fast, simple and very effective videogame recorder.
It can use either a Windows GUI hook to capture desktop windows, or an OpenGL/DirectX hook to capture most games. Recording is as simple as choosing your game from the list of running applications, alt-tabbing to your game and pressing the Record hotkey. Optionally, you can have it display your framerate using an in-game overlay for performance testing, with or without recording.
The game is captured in full resolution or 360/480/720/1080p and saved using Motion-JPEG with a configurable quality level (5-99%) and any common framerate. The file is compressed less than with most codecs, resulting in larger size but higher performance and excellent image quality (certainly better than most current alternatives). The video can then be converted to more manageable formats such as MP4/H.264/AAC for streaming (recommended: Freemake Video Converter - results in small file with great picture quality in no time at all).
Note: Loiloscope is automatically installed along with this. Loiloscope can simply be uninstalled afterwards, no harm is done.
OBS Studio (also known as Open Broadcaster Software, or OBS) is a screen-casting and live-streaming software available across multiple platforms including macOS, Windows and Linux. Boasting features typically only found in commercial screen recording apps, OBS also provides one of the simplest workflows with an intuitive and easy-to-learn interface that makes recording and streaming a breeze. It's also totally free and open-source.
With its long standing history of continued updates and considering its ease of use and free cost, it's no wonder OBS is one of the most popular and highest recommended apps for screen-casting and live streaming.
Cross-platform (available for Mac, Windows and Linux). Encoding using H264 (x264) and AAC. Support for Intel Quick Sync Video (QSV), AMF and NVENC. Unlimited number of scenes and sources. Live RTMP streaming to Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, DailyMotion, Smashcast and more. File output to MP4, MKV or FLV. GPU-based game capture for high performance game streaming. DirectShow capture device support (webcams, capture cards, etc). Windows 8 high speed monitor capture support. Bilinear or lanczos3 resampling. Light and dark themes to support various working conditions and preferences.