Kdenlive is an acronym for KDE Non-Linear Video Editor. It's free, and open-source and works on GNU/Linux, Windows and BSD. It's an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor compatible with latest video technologies. Most of the video processing is done by the MLT Framework, which relies on many other open source projects like FFmpeg, frei0r, movit, ladspa, sox, etc. Notable features:
- Multi-track video editing
- Supports all audio and video formats and codecs that FFmpeg does for both input and encoding, including various HD standards, like HDV, DNxHD, AVCHD, ProRes etc.
- Workspaces for each stage of video production; Logging, Editing, Audio, Effects and Color.
- Configurable interface and shortcuts
- Create 2D titles for your projects
- Many effects and transitions
- Keyframeable effects
- Audio and video scopes
- Proxy editing
- Automatic backup project file
- Timeline preview
- Online resources of render profiles, wipes and title templates accessible directly from the interface.
Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform, non-linear video editor.
Supports hundreds of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg. No import required which means native editing, plus multi-format timelines, resolutions and frame-rates within a project. Frame accurate seeking supported for many video formats.
Blackmagic Design SDI and HDMI for input and preview monitoring. Screen, webcam and audio capture. Network stream playback. Supports resolutions up to 4k and capture from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK & Pulse audio, IP stream, X11 screen and Windows DirectShow devices.
Multiple dockable and undockable panels, including detailed media properties, recent files with search, playlist with thumbnail view, filter panel, history view, encoding panel, jobs queue, and melted server and playlist. Also supports drag-n-drop of assets from file manager.
VideoPad is a professional video editing application which allows you to create movie projects from various video clips or a single video file. It also allows you to import a wide variety of audio and video file formats including .avi, .wmv, .3gp, .wmv, .divx and many others.
Video Transitions and Effects:
- Fade transition effect gives your movie that professional touch
- Preview the effects in real time
- Customize the duration of the effect
Complete Video Optimization:
- Fine tune brightness, saturation and color for your video
- Add still photos and digital images with a click of a button
- Apply effects such as black, white, sepia tone and negatives
- Add text captions to individual clips
Amazing Audio Tools:
- Add up to 255 music tracks to your video project
- Record narrations with the click of a button
- Import pre-recorded narrations
Share With Your Family and Friends:
- Burn to DVD and watch in your living room on your TV
- Show off your latest pics and clips on PSP, iPod, iPhone, 3GP mobile phone or Pocket PC
- Explore the most advanced way to burn HD DVDs and Blu-Ray Discs
- Output video files and share your creation with more friends on computer or through the Internet
A free video editor version is available for non-commercial use only. A professional version of VideoPad is available from NCH Software with additional supported formats and features.
Olive is a free non-linear video editor aiming to provide a fully-featured alternative to high-end professional video editing software. Olive is making rapid progress and users are already producing videos with it, but it's still currently in alpha meaning it is incomplete and not fully stable. Regardless we invite you to download the latest build and try it out for yourself. New features are being added every day. Even if Olive is missing something you need, come back in a month or two and it's possible it will have been implemented.
Create more content in less time Kapwing is a modern video creation platform that helps teams make great content faster.
From first draft to final video, 10x faster Kapwing streamlines your team’s video creation process and centers it in one content home base. Automate away tedious tasks with AI tools and templates, stay up-to-date on project status, and give in-line feedback. Say goodbye to “could you send that to me again?”
Connect everyone in the creative process Anyone can make video content and share their story on Kapwing. Unite your team in one intuitive process where anyone can create content, share feedback, and use brand assets within minutes in Kapwing – no fancy tools or prior expertise needed.
Edit in real time together It’s like Google Docs, but for video. Bring the whole team’s creative vision to life when you edit and review projects simultaneously. Changes made to projects are seen by everyone, so you don’t have to constantly share updated copies.
Most advanced online video editor.With just few clicks you can convert, edit, cut, record, crop or demux video files. A free way edit your movies without installing any software.
- It's FREE
- It's capable of processing video files up to 600 MB.
- Analyses your video files and displays detailed information about the codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution, etc.
- Converts your files between all of the popular video formats (3GP, AMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, M4V, MP4, MPEG, MPG, RM, VOB, WMV).
- In simple mode: all you have to do is select the output format.
- In advanced mode: you can make changes to advanced settings such as:
- video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate.
- audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, channels.
- Adds a text watermark to your video file.
- Cuts video at start and end points that you determine.
- Crop video with just few clicks
- Merges multiple files for you into a single video track.
- Extracts audio, video or subtitle text from a file -- a feature known as demux.
- Records video from your webcam or another movie device.
- Takes snapshots and creates thumbnails off your video clip.
- Adds embedded subtitles to your video file.
- Facilitates downloading flash videos from more than 20 video-sharing websites.
- Features an Advanced File Manager that makes it easy for users to upload their videos and download files from other sites on the Web. The Advanced File Manager also allows users to preview videos as thumbnail sequence. This feature activates on simple mouse-over and is built on a sophisticated thumbnail-rotating technique.