Adobe Photoshop is a raster graphics editor developed and published by Adobe Inc. for Windows and macOS. It was originally created in 1988 by Thomas and John Knoll.
Adobe Photoshop Features
- Support for LayersAdobe Photoshop supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- Hardware AcceleratedAdobe Photoshop can use the GPU and CPU to speed up rendering, conversion, and overall performance.
- Color PickerAdobe Photoshop allows you to select and copy a color property from an image, object, or shape.
- Content-Aware FillAdobe Photoshop can quickly remove objects from your photo and it will fill in the picture based on the rest of the available content.
- Non Destructive EditingAdobe Photoshop allows you to make changes to a file without overwriting the original data, which remains available in case you want to revert to it.
- Support for CMYK ModeAdobe Photoshop allows you to work using the color scheme for printing, combining the primary pigments (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Key).
- Custom BrushesYou can use modified/custom brushes in Adobe Photoshop.
- Pressure SensitivityAdobe Photoshop can change attributes like thickness or opacity, based on how much force you apply to your stylus/finger.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsAdobe Photoshop can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
Top 3 alternatives