Paint.net is a free and very capable image editing software for Windows. Great alternative to Photoshop for people that do not need all the stuff PS offers.Suggest and vote on features
- Support for LayersPaint.NET supports the organization of elements through a hierarchical order that can be manipulated/viewed independently.
- LightweightPaint.NET consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Extensible by Plugins/ExtensionsPaint.NET can be extended with add-ons, plugins and extensions.
- Dark ModePaint.NET supports dark mode for comfortable usage in low light conditions.
- PortablePaint.NET can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
ImageOptim is excellent for publishing images on the web (easily shrinks images “Saved for Web” in Photoshop). It's useful for making Mac and iPhone/iPad applications smaller (if you configure Xcode to allow better optimization).Suggest and vote on features
- Works OfflineImageOptim can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Batch EditingImageOptim allows you to select multiple items (tasks, files, images etc) and edit their properties all at once.
- Ad-freeImageOptim doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- LightweightImageOptim consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
Compress and compare images with different codecs, right in your browser.Suggest and vote on features
FreeArc is a free and open source file archiver developed by Bulat Ziganshin. It uses LZMA, PPMD, TrueAudio and GRzip algorithms with automatic switching by file type, and also uses set of filters—for instance it can remove repetitions from text.Suggest and vote on features
Latest alpha version from August 2012 - http://freearc.org/history/changelog_full.htm
OptiPNG is a command-line PNG optimizer that recompresses image files to a smaller size, without losing any information. This program also converts external formats (BMP, GIF, PNM and TIFF) to optimized PNG, and performs PNG integrity checks and corrections.Suggest and vote on features
Make your website faster and save bandwidth. TinyPNG optimizes your PNG images by 50-80% while preserving full transparency!.
Experimental, fast Web PNG/JPG optimizer which offer lossless, visually lossless or lossy compression. it performs image reductions over iterations thanks to recursive multi-processing and multithreading systems.Suggest and vote on features
Pingo - image optimizer for web Features
pngquant is a command-line utility and a library for lossy compression of PNG images.Suggest and vote on features
Oxipng is a multithreaded lossless PNG compression optimizer in Rust. It can be used via a command-line interface or as a library in other Rust programs.Suggest and vote on features
- Command line interfaceOxipng either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- LightweightOxipng consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- PortableOxipng can be used from a USB stick or similar with no prior installation.
- Works OfflineOxipng can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- Ad-freeOxipng doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
- No TrackingOxipng will not track you or use your personal data.
- Privacy focusedOxipng is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in Oxipng without registration.
C++ file optimizer. It supports PNG, JPEG, GZIP, and ZIP files.Suggest and vote on features
ECT - Efficient Compression Tool Features
- Privacy focusedECT - Efficient Compression Tool is considered a privacy friendly alternative.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in ECT - Efficient Compression Tool without registration.
- Command line interfaceECT - Efficient Compression Tool either have CLI support or is a CLI-only app.
- Works OfflineECT - Efficient Compression Tool can be used without the need to connect to the internet.
- No TrackingECT - Efficient Compression Tool will not track you or use your personal data.
- LightweightECT - Efficient Compression Tool consumes less device resources compared to similar apps.
- Ad-freeECT - Efficient Compression Tool doesn't contain any form of external advertising.
Minuimus is a file optimizer utility script: You point it at a file, and it makes the file smaller without compromising the file contents.Suggest and vote on features
-Combines PNGOUT, OptiPNG, and DeflOpt to create the smallest PNGs -No image quality is lost — only file size -Converts JPG, GIF, TIFF, and BMP files to PNG -Ultra-configurable
PNGGauntlet is a .NET program that uses Ken Silvermans PNGOUT, OptiPNG and DeflOpt to optimize PNG fil.Suggest and vote on features
From developers to developers: a cross-platform tool for losslessly image compression.Discontinued
The last commit was on Feb 9, 2019
Bunny.net is a reliable and lightning-fast CDN (and more) trusted by more than 31,000 websites and services offering Pay As You Go pricing for as low as $2/TB with a 80Tbps+ network backbone and powerful features.Suggest and vote on features
ShortPixel is arguably the top WordPress image optimization plugin: simple to set up, it can automatically optimize both your old and new images, as well as PDF files.Suggest and vote on features
ShortPixel Image Optimizer Features
- PDF compressionShortPixel Image Optimizer can reduce the size of your PDF without losing quality
- Support for scriptingShortPixel Image Optimizer supports scripts and macros to automate or customize tasks.
- No TrackingShortPixel Image Optimizer will not track you or use your personal data.
- No registration requiredYou can use most of the features in ShortPixel Image Optimizer without registration.
- Remove Image BackgroundShortPixel Image Optimizer automatically detects and selects the background of an image for removal/replacement.