Apps with 'Media Streaming' feature for Linux
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework. Owned by the non-profit organization VideoLAN.
- Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation.
- Spotify is a freemium music streaming service providing digital rights management-restricted content from record labels including Sony, EMI, Warner Music Group and Universal.
- Full-featured screen recording and live streaming software for Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Kodi, formerly XBMC, is a free and open source media player and entertainment center for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, XBox, and iOS.
- Plex bridges the gap between your computer and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.
- Watch movies and TV shows instantly.
- WebTorrent Desktop is able to instantly stream and play right away video and audio. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading.
- Jellyfin is a personal media server and client.
- Media Center plugin that presents your media with a simple, intuitive, and fast interface.
- Access remote computers easily with enterprise-class speed and features supporting any content including audio and video.
Virus Total gives out a 20/70 Anti-Virus rating https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/6b989de751978e2abc2c8de0daab3eabcfea5473d1cdfb5c47c52e124a50a206/detectionEasy to use BitTorrent Client and YouTube Downloader in one, with built-in search and music library.
As reported on VirusTotal, the installer contains Opencandy. Be careful during installation. https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/60a309e91ba1039c3527053867e0e210ff2e18628a01acc264d82430e6436889/analysis/
- OpenPHT is a community driven fork of Plex Home Theater.
- Streamlink CLI pipes/directs video streams (RTMP, HLS) from various services (plugin list available) into a standalone media player of choice. (VLC, MPV).