Apps with 'Support for Multiple protocols' feature for Mac
- Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against traffic analysis, a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security.
- Jitsi (previously SIP Communicator) is an audio/video and chat communicator with full encryption that supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, ICQ/AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!
- Pidgin is an easy to use, multi-protocol chat client client used by millions. Connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, XMPP, and more chat networks all at once.
- aria2 is a multi-protocol & multi-source, cross platform download utility. The supported protocols are HTTP(S), FTP, BitTorrent (DHT, PEX, MSE/PE), and Metalink.
- Free, open source and cross platform messaging and emailing app that combines common web applications into one.
- Franz is a free messaging app / former Emperor of Austria and combines chat & messaging services into one application. Franz currently supports Slack, WhatsApp, WeChat, HipChat and many more. You can download Franz for Mac, Windows & Linux.
- SoftEther VPN is one of the world's most powerful and easy-to-use multi-protocol VPN software.
- "empowering the smart home" - vendor and technology agnostic open source home automation.
- Adium is a free and open source instant messaging application for Mac OS X, written using Mac OS Xs Cocoa API, released under the GNU GPL and developed by the Adium team.
- WeeChat is a fast, light and extensible chat client. It runs on many platforms (including Linux, BSD and Mac OS). WeeChat is:
- Jump Desktop is a remote desktop client that lets you securely connect to other computers. Connect to as many computers as you want. Monitor all sessions at once with Live Preview.
- Free, Open Source and Cross Platform messaging and emailing app that combines common web applications into one.
- A development branch of the Psi XMPP client. Psi is a cross-platform powerful XMPP client (Qt, C++) designed for the XMPP power users.
- Singlebox lets you run these web apps in a single well-organized window as independent workspaces which you can switch between easily using keyboard shortcuts. .
- AstraChat is a standalone and lightweight Jabber (XMPP) client application for mobile and desktop that connects directly to your XMPP server without any proxies in-between.