Open Source Apps with 'Knowledge base' feature
- An open source note taking and to-do application with synchronisation capabilities.
- Scribus is a desktop publishing (DTP) application.
- An open source knowledge management application that's focused on ease of use.
- FeaturesNotes can be arranged into arbitrarily deep hierarchy (tree)Notes can have more than 1 parents - see cloning
- An open source, modern and powerful wiki app built on Node.js, Git, and Markdown.
- Zammad is a web based open source helpdesk/customer support system with many features to manage customer communication via several channels like telephone, Facebook, Twitter, chat and e-mails.
- ((OTRS)) Community Edition is the free, open source version of OTRS, a ticketing and process automation suite used by service teams to improve communication and customer satisfaction. .
- Scoold is inspired by StackOverflow and implements most of its features. You can ask and answer questions, upvote and downvote posts, earn badges and reputation.
- Human Connection is an independent, not-for-profit online platform that combines a social network, a knowledge network and an action network – with useful tools to exchange, research and discuss ideas and the space to start projects together.
- Personal Knowledge Management.
- With the free and open source Corteza Service Cloud you can deliver faster and more personalised service to your clients. Customer service agents are provided with 360-degree overviews on cases, enabling them to provide the best service quickly.
- Raneto is an open source Knowledgebase platform that uses static Markdown files to power your Knowledgebase.
- ITSM tool for managing changes, problems, and budgeting for your company's IT stack.
- Metacademy - a free open source platform for efficient, personalized learning.
- Documize creates the Enterprise Knowledge Backbone by unifying docs, wiki, reporting and dashboards — composition + coordination + discovery + distribution + workflows = faster business outcomes.