Open Source Apps with 'Image Editing' feature
- GIMP is a free program for such photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. Essentially it's the closest thing to Photoshop you can get for free.
- Professional, open-source raster graphics editor with advanced digital painting and sketching tools and workflow features.
- ShareX is a free and open source program that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to over 80 supported destinations.
- Small screenshot tool with support for OCR, Office export, annotations, and more.
- Shotcut is a free, open source, cross-platform, non-linear video editor.
- nomacs is a small, fast image viewer able to handle the most common image formats including RAW images. Additionally it is possible to synchronize multiple viewers.
- darktable is a virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographers: it manages your digital negatives in a database and lets you view them through a zoomable lighttable.
- RawTherapee is a free RAW converter and digital photo processing software. All changes can be applied and batch processed at a convenient time.
- LightZone is a digital photo editor software application. Its main purpose is to handle the workflow when handling images in various RAW formats.
- Pixelitor is a cross-platform raster graphics editor written in Java. It supports image filters, drawing, layers, multiple undo, etc.
- Drawpile is a drawing program that lets you share the canvas with other users in real time.
- Milton is an open source application that features an infinite canvas. It feels raster-based but internally it works with vectors. It lets you export your work at any resolution.
- Pixelsque's goal is to be as simple as possible, while still retaining many powerful features. It works like any standard pixel art editor, with a pen, eraser, and shapes.
- AzPainter is a full color painting program for linux. It's a lightweight tool with tablet pressure support, and provides basic functions such as selection, layers, filters.