Open Source Apps with 'Decentralized' feature
- A free instant messaging and collaboration software based on the Matrix protocol.
- Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored.
- Mastodon is a decentralized microblogging engine.FEATURES- Free and open-source.- Decentralized, no worries about a single company controlling your communications.
- Send messages, files, create groups and make Tox to Tox audio and video calls. Securely.
- PeerTube is a decentralized, free and open source alternative to video broadcasting services.
- Standard Notes is a simple and private notes app. It allows you to write and sync your notes across all your devices, including your iPhone, iPad, Mac, and web browser.
- Matrix defines a set of open APIs for decentralised communication, suitable for securely publishing, persisting and subscribing to data over a global open federation of servers...
- Diaspora is a federated social networking service, designed to be a more privacy-aware alternative to...
- Voice, video and chat communications, secure, decentralized, strong privacy and freedoms.
- We are a free and open-source platform to launch your digital brand, social network and mobile app. We are also a social network ourselves.
- PixelFed is a federated image sharing platform, powered by the ActivityPub protocol. This is a great Instagram replacement.
- IPFS is a global, versioned, peer-to-peer filesystem. It combines good ideas from Git, BitTorrent, Kademlia, SFS, and the web.
- Real-time updated, Peer-to-Peer sites using the BitTorrent network and soon the Distributed Hash Table.
- Protects you against tracking through "free", centralized, content delivery. It prevents a lot of requests from reaching networks like Google Hosted Libraries, and serves local files to keep sites from breaking. Complements regular content blockers.
- The I2P network provides strong privacy protections for communication over the Internet. Many activities that would risk your privacy on the public Internet can be conducted anonymously inside I2P.