Apps with 'Browser based' feature for Linux
- Jitsi (previously SIP Communicator) is an audio/video and chat communicator with full encryption that supports protocols such as SIP, XMPP/Jabber, ICQ/AIM, Windows Live, Yahoo!
- WebTorrent Desktop is able to instantly stream and play right away video and audio. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading.
- Point & click to forbid/allow any class of requests made by your browser. Use it to block scripts, iframes, ads, facebook, etc.
- Open source, interactive data science and scientific computing across over 40 programming languages.
- LessPass is an open source password manager. Instead of syncing a database of passwords, it generates them locally every time you put in a domain name, login and master password. There is no central database for hackers to break into.
- The Battle for Wesnoth is a turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme.
- Open-source presentation tool using SVG images to create zooming and panning animations similar to Prezi.
- Animated electronic circuit simulator using ideal components to visualize voltage and current.
- Guacamole is a clientless remote desktop gateway. It supports standard protocols like VNC and RDP. We call it clientless because no plugins or client software are required.
- Construct 3 is a powerful 2D game development engine which uses Scirra's intuitive event system to allow its users to build all kinds of games and apps.
- WebCatalog lets you turn any web apps into desktop apps (a.k.a. site-specific browsers) with many additional features to enhance your workflows. It also protects you from cross-website trackers and preserving your privacy.
- A cross-platform vector graphics tool, runs as desktop application and in-browser too.
- TeamPass is a Passwords Manager dedicated for managing passwords in a collaborative way on any server Apache, MySQL and PHP.
- Java-based groupware for video conferencing, messaging, collaborative document editing and more.
- Matrify is the middle way between spreadsheets and industry-specific software. Use Matrify to work on tables and lists with your team, e. g.