OCR for Windows
Not every document that has been typed out or written has been neatly uploaded to the Internet. Things such as handouts from your teacher or professor may be hard to read physically, or you may be worried about misplacing them despite their importance. Documents from a co-worker or your boss that were given to you physically but also need to be emailed or otherwise handled electronically can also be a huge inconvenience if they cannot simply be scanned, as the text may need to be cited, copied, or pasted. This is where optical character recognition technology comes in.
OCR enables documents that exist physically to be converted into a PDF readable by software such as Adobe Reader or your web browser of choice. Not only that, but you can select text as if you typed out the document then and there yourself! Outside of dedicated software like ABBYY FineReader, OCR is a feature that exists in software such as Evernote and Microsoft Office OneNote.
- A safe home for all your data – Access & share your files, calendars, contacts, mail & more from any device, on your terms.
- Evernote is a cross-platform, freemium app designed for note taking, organizing, and archiving.
- A digital notebook application that gives people one place to gather notes and information. .
- NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.
- The smallest, fastest, most feature-rich PDF editor/viewer available * Full Direct Content Editing (text based PDFs, not scanned/image based PDFs) * Includes OCR feature
- ABBYY FineReader PDF is an OCR software that provides unmatched text recognition accuracy and conversion capabilities, virtually eliminating retyping and reformatting of documents. Up to 190 languages are supported for text recognition.
- Desktop automation tool using image recognition to identify and automate GUI elements.
- gImageReader is a simple Gtk/Qt front-end to the Tesseract OCR Engine.Features: - Import PDF documents and images from disk, scanning devices, clipboard and screenshots
- Beautiful note-taker and organizer. Use Nimbus Note for storing your ideas, lectures, web pages, food recipes, and any other information.
- Xodo is the ultimate cross-platform PDF viewer and annotator. Powerful, fast, and optimized for all phones and tablets, Xodo makes it easy to access, edit, mark up, sort, share, sync, manage, sign, and more with even the most complex PDF documents.
- Scan Tailor is an interactive post-processing tool for scanned pages. It performs operations such as page splitting, deskewing, adding/removing borders, and others.
- Nitro Pro gives you everything you need to create, convert, edit, sign, and share 100% industry-standard PDF files.
- Full-featured solution to view, create, edit, comment, collaborate online, secure, organize, export, OCR, and sign PDF documents and forms. Now available with ConnectedPDF technology.
- Paperwork is a personal document manager for scanned documents (and PDFs).