OCR with feature 'Portable'
Not every document that has been typed out or written has been neatly uploaded to the Internet. Things such as handouts from your teacher or professor may be hard to read physically, or you may be worried about misplacing them despite their importance. Documents from a co-worker or your boss that were given to you physically but also need to be emailed or otherwise handled electronically can also be a huge inconvenience if they cannot simply be scanned, as the text may need to be cited, copied, or pasted. This is where optical character recognition technology comes in.
OCR enables documents that exist physically to be converted into a PDF readable by software such as Adobe Reader or your web browser of choice. Not only that, but you can select text as if you typed out the document then and there yourself! Outside of dedicated software like ABBYY FineReader, OCR is a feature that exists in software such as Evernote and Microsoft Office OneNote.
- NAPS2 is a document scanning application with a focus on simplicity and ease of use.
- The smallest, fastest, most feature-rich PDF editor/viewer available * Full Direct Content Editing (text based PDFs, not scanned/image based PDFs) * Includes OCR feature
- Paperwork is a personal document manager for scanned documents (and PDFs).
- CuneiForm (OpenOCR) is a text recognition software for printed templates. Manuscripts or PDF-files, the program can not recognize, however, but table structures.
- Infix PDF editor lets you open, edit and save PDF files. It’s easy and quick – you can change text, fonts, images and more.
- Dictionary .NET is a tiny, easy and smart multilingual dictionary translating from/to 65 languages using Googles and Bing services.
- Apparently JOCR requires Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 and won't work with Office 2010 (unless you also have an older version and do some tweaking). 
- DVD Subtitle Extractor converts subtitles from DVDs and PGS (Bluray .sup) files into Advanced Substation Alpha and SRT text format using OCR (optical character recognition).
- Editable - Edit Scanned PDF Documents like editing a text file!Easily - OCR PDF To Text Just In Only 2 Clicks.
- DVDSubEdit allows you to visualize and make modifications to subpics (subtitles or button highlights in menus) directly inside VOB video files without the need to demux and remux...