Game Emulation Apps
Old dedicated video game platforms from childhood can often be disproportionately expensive for what is oftentimes just a desire for a nostalgic escape from the moment. That’s where emulation comes into play. From multi-system emulation systems such as RetroArch to specialized and high performance emulators such as higan, there are many modern methods to play the games of your childhood without having to break the bank in order to get old hardware.
- Get free ROMs for your classic video game systems. No registration, surveys, or waiting!.
- CoolROM is a database and download site for emulators and ROMs of classic videogame systems such as Nintendo 64, SNES, Game Boy and more.
The "Download Now" button downloads an application installer (CoolROM Downloader) that can contain harmful pieces of software. Use the "Alternative Download Link" to download the rom directly. Virustotal results - Windows: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/8680cb03307d5d4f0910690c07edc8251df43183a3bf7cbfb81353c34e16357d Mac: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/7f5cde211c7374fbd70d32d1b58a7fa9867cc537eacde62fa83c9ed4606c2b01
- Lakka is the official Linux distribution of RetroArch and the libretro ecosystem. Each game system is implemented as a libretro core, while the frontend RetroArch takes care of inputs and display.
- RetroPie allows you to turn your Raspberry Pi or PC into a retro-gaming machine. It builds upon Raspbian, EmulationStation, RetroArch and many other projects to enable you to play your favourite classic games with the minimum set-up.
The "Download" button downloads an EXE file ("Download Manager") that can contain harmful pieces of software. Use the "More Options" menu and choose the "Browser Download" to download the rom directlyDownload free Video Games Roms! The biggest collection of ROM games and Emulators exclusively on RomsMania!
- Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress and under active development.Features:
- An open directory dedicated to the preservation and archiving of classic digital works.
- mGBA is an open source emulator of the Game Boy Advance. The goals are speed and accuracy.
- Over 500,000 ROMs for NES, SNES, DS, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced arcade games, Sega, Commodore from the world’s largest retro gaming site.
- RetriX is an emulator front end for UWP, on all the hardware platforms it supports: it serves the same purpose as RetroArch but is built from the ground up to integrate as well as possible with Windows.
- Emerging retro gaming website, offering roms, isos, games for mostly old CD based console systems.
- batocera.linux is an operating system (like Windows 10 and Mac OS) specialized in retrogaming available for your pc and different nano computers like the Raspberry and the Odroids. Note that you must own games you play in order to respect legality.
- Information and downloads for classic system emulators.
- It is a Nintendo Switch Emulator programmed in C#; unlike most emulators that are created with C++ or C.
- The ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC emulator which works natively in macOS, Linux, and Windows.