Tabbed File Managers
Sometimes you just need to be able to quickly switch between multiple folders within a single window. When that time comes, doing so in Windows Explorer and some Linux distributions may not actually work. These tabbed file manager tools will make the previously impossible possible, allowing you to quickly switch between two folders within the same window.
- QTTabBar is an extension for Windows Explorer that brings tabbed browsing to Microsoft's file browser.
- Multi Commander is a multi-tabbed file manager and is an alternative to the standard Windows Explorer. It uses the very popular and efficient dual-panel layout.
- Wings for your Windows Explorer!
- Full-featured file manager with built-in viewers, players, archive tools and much more.
- Free dual-pane file manager for Windows featuring tabs, columns, themes, long filename support, image converter, regex renaming and many other unique features.
- Explorer++ is a free file manager for Windows.
- Commander One is dual-pane file manager for OS X created in Swift, which enables you to manage your files in the best possible way.
- Tablacus Explorer is a tabbed file manager with Add-on support. Tabbed interface Add-on support Customizable association, menus, keys, mouse gestures, alias
- Actual Window Manager is 13 tools in 1. FILE FOLDERSimproves Windows folders navigation adding two additional title buttons: recent folders, favorite folders.
- Multi-panel tabbed file and desktop manager with built-in VFS, udev- or HAL-based device manager, customisable menu system, and bash integration.
- TotalFinder works like the normal Finder but adds tabs, dual panel, colored labels and other features.
- UltraExplorer is a Windows Explorer replacement that will change the way you think about file management.
- Marlin is a new GTK3-based file manager for Linux, pretty slick and fast.Unlike most other file managers Marlin has included the so called "Miller columns" view.
- Just Manager is a feature packed, versatile, multi-tabbed multi-pane file manager for the Windows operating system. It is available in both x86 and x64 versions.
- electerm is a terminal/ssh/sftp client(linux, mac, win) based on electron/node-pty/xterm/antd and many other libs, it works like a combination of guake and xshell.