File Management Software for Xfce
Managing files on computers is a concept as old as computers themselves. We’ve come a long way from the humble floppy, as these apps are all about managing files and folders, including browsing, searching, archival, locking, copying, deleting, comparison, merging, splitting, renaming, or tagging.
- A extensible Music player with Podcast support, web radio, playlists and many more. As it is written in Python, writing new plug-ins is really easy.
- Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. Thunar has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use.
- An extremely fast and lightweight file manager which features tabbed browsing and user-friendly interface.
- GTK+ desktop search frontend.
- X File Explorer (Xfe) is an MS-Explorer or Commander like file manager for X. It is based on the popular, but discontinued, X Win Commander, originally developed by Maxim Baranov.
- Xarchiver is a lightweight desktop independent archive manager built with the GTK+2 toolkit.
- Goggles Music Manager is a music collection manager and player that automatically categorizes your music files based on genre, artist, album, and song.
- The Thunar Bulk Renamer is capable of batch renaming files based on search, sequential numbering and more.
- What is Rodent? Rodent is fast, small and powerful file manager for the GNU operating system (but it also works in BSD). That's one way to look at it. Another way is to call...
- is a small perl script which makes extraction of any archive files a bit easier. It support several compressors and archiver programs.
- It is a file manager for UNIX-like operating systems. It uses a simple and efficient interface pioneered by Norton Commander, in the 1980s.