Windows Live Messenger Comments

Kristofferst-image

Alternative for webcam communication

Comment by Kristofferst about Windows Live Messenger Jul 2011

Does there exist any alternative capable of webcam communication with Live Messenger users?

Venom88-image

Only with Small Skype iconSkype , if you login with your Microsoft account, you can transfer your Messenger contacts and make video calls.

G

I'm sad that now died because of Facebook chat

Comment by G369 about Windows Live Messenger and Facebook, Jun 2011

I'm sad that now died because of facebook chat.... that is no doubt worse.
When I switched to Mac I realized that WL-Messenger sucks.
I loved it on windows.

s0me0ne-image

Webcam feature often goes down and wont connect with other ...

Negative Comment by s0me0ne about Windows Live Messenger Jul 2010

Webcam feature often goes down and wont connect with other people at times. Its annoying because I use this to talk to long distance friends and family

pcwiz11-image

Although I prefer Skype I still use Windows Live Messenger

Comment by pcwiz11 about Windows Live Messenger and Trillian, Skype, Jun 2010

Although I prefer Skype I still use Windows Live Messenger because it is certainly more popular with my friends than Skype. Although you can use all kinds of alternatives such as Trillian with your Windows Live ID I find that nothing compares to the official Windows Live Messenger.

WLM does have a useful feature, in that it supports the ini ...

Comment by Ti about Windows Live Messenger Nov 2009

WLM does have a useful feature, in that it supports the initiation of a Remote Assistance session - useful if you want to help out a friend or relative with something simple.

Mur-image

Very bloated software

Negative Comment by Mur about Windows Live Messenger and Pidgin, Nov 2009

Very bloated software, I find pidgin to run much better and comes with more features like spell checking.