Vuo lets media creators make interactive animations, exhibits, performances, and professional-grade media projects by connecting up simple building blocks. Media creators can use these blocks to manipulate audio input, images, layers, videos, and 2D + 3D graphics, as well as record high-quality video of the results.
Vuo's features include:
- Real-time interaction using audio input, MIDI, OSC, and Art-Net DMX integration, or Kinect, Leap Motion and HID device input
- Sharing visuals with other Mac apps through Syphon
- High-quality video export and interactive recording
- Exporting compositions as Mac apps
- CPU and GPU performance optimizations, including automatic multi-threading, compilation to machine code, and shader-based OpenGL
- Support for new users (https://vuo.org/start ), including video tutorials
- Subcompositions: the ability to turn a composition into a reusable node in your Node Library.... More Info »
Vuo has a free trial version (https://vuo.org/download ).
Vuo 1.2.5 has now been released. Note: To run Vuo 1.2.5, you'll need OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or above.
Vuo 1.2.5 adds two main new features requested by the community: support for Hap movie playback and a node for drawing spline curves. It fixes slow performance on macOS 10.12 and a performance bug in Vuo 1.2.4. And it provides other enhancements and bug fixes, including 7 requested by the Vuo community.
Vuo 1.2.5 is a free update for people who've purchased Vuo 1.2.
You can read the release notes (https://vuo.org/release ) for the details.
A copy of Vuo (https://vuo.org/buy ) costs $49, and a copy of Vuo Pro (nodes for stereoscopic rendering, mesh projection, Art-Net, and fisheye camera; antialiasing and motion blur when exporting movies; and a dark interface mode) costs $149.