Ubuntu One Comments

jozsefk9-image

File disappeared!

Negative Comment by jozsefk9 about Ubuntu One and Ubuntu, SeaMonkey, Mar 2014

I worked on one file for almost a week. Last night I turned off the computer, this morning file is gone from Ubuntu One! It is just gone. No more. Lost one week of work :P And I used Ubuntu Linux while working on the file. It was a HTML file and I edited the file with SeaMonkey Composer. Sorry, but I will look elsewhere for cloud storage.

No encryption

Negative Comment by mandrael about Ubuntu One Mar 2013

Ubuntu One doesn't encrypt at all. Most users won't do encryption theirselves (encfs). So this is quite risky for the personal data. Better Wuala or even Dropbox. Btw. Ubuntu One also use Amazon S3 like Dropbox.

I

Folder location are limited to \user\ subdirectories.

Negative Comment by Imfego about Ubuntu One Mar 2013

Be warned that on a Windows system, its folder can not be placed outside of \user\ subdirectories (/home for Ubuntu). See for example this thread:

i like mc dos

Comment by adrianboss about Ubuntu One Feb 2013

mc dos is the best

E

I like that i can use..

Comment by Endrew about Ubuntu One Feb 2013

I like that i can use multiple computers with multiple admins, fast easy and simple(just like that!)

K

Comment by karni about Ubuntu One Aug 2011

1) Ubuntu One now has an Android app, Ubuntu One Files (and Ubuntu One Music [streaming])
2) Custom folders are supported (called 'cloud folders')
3) It's no longer has 2 GB free storage. It has 5 GB, and 20 GB for free if you have music streaming plan.

OmgItsTheSmartGuy-image

In that case, you can edit the page for Ubuntu One to display this new information. Anybody can edit the pages for applications (though if you're a new user, an admin has to approve the changes first). :P

thelivingded-image

Absolutely a great choice if you're an Ubuntu user (as I am ...

Comment by thelivingded about Ubuntu One Mar 2011

Absolutely a great choice if you're an Ubuntu user (as I am)

jaub-image

I think that Ubuntu One is perfect for users having multipl ...

Comment by jaub about Ubuntu One Nov 2010

I think that Ubuntu One is perfect for users having multiple computers running Ubuntu.

Pretty good cloud-based tool, but the Ubuntu teams needs to ...

Comment by Trinae about Ubuntu One May 2010

Pretty good cloud-based tool, but the Ubuntu teams needs to allow individual folders to be synced (like Syncplicity). However, it integrates nicely with the Ubuntu Music Store, so it's coming along nicely.